Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-04-2019, 11:29 AM   #1
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Can I just flipping set and forget my playoff pitching rotation?

Santana 100 won the ERA crown for my SenaTwins. I set him as my starter for the wildcard game a few days before the game.

He was slightly tired a few days before the wildcard game. I've played this game enough to know he would have been fully rested for the game. I've had this happen before - if you don't double check your rotation right before the playoff series, it will kick to another rested starter. So you have to keep double checking right up until the first playoff game. I didn't.

Liriano starts instead and I lose the wildcard game.
Cheesehead1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:01 PM   #2
justpatrick
Major Leagues

That´s terrible and hugely frustrating. How many times should a manager have to designate a starter? It´s like your bench coach is going behind your back and giving his own lineup card to the ump.
Can you imagine how you´re being second guessed now in the media?

justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:10 PM   #3
pappyzan
All Star Reserve

Setting your rotation to strict order for the playoffs should rid you of this issue.
pappyzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:11 PM   #4
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesehead1964 View Post
Santana 100 won the ERA crown for my SenaTwins. I set him as my starter for the wildcard game a few days before the game.

He was slightly tired a few days before the wildcard game. I've played this game enough to know he would have been fully rested for the game.
Was he the #1 starter in the rotation? Was the rotation mode set to "always start highest rested"? If so, then he must have still been less than 100%.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 12:54 PM   #5
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Yeah, strict order would have fixed it I'm sure. Not sure I would want that for the playoffs but whatevs.

But can't the game do the "most rested" check on game day? When it sims days off it changes your starter to the most rested. Santana was fully rested on game day but it switched to Liriano on a day off.
Old 08-04-2019, 01:49 PM   #6
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

Ive never had an issue. just set strict order and set it on the guy you want to start
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 09:39 PM   #7
The_Savage_1
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
Ive never had an issue. just set strict order and set it on the guy you want to start
So if you sweep DS you're happy to start your #4 in G1 of the CS rather than a fully rested ace?
The_Savage_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 10:39 PM   #8
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

yeah. the only thing that matters is how many starts each gets if the series goes 7 so that leaves the #3 guy at just one while everyone else gets two
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 11:56 PM   #9
Willie M
Minors (Double A)

Playoff pitching is a mess. Cloaked opener/follower never works correctly in playoffs.

Also today I had a fully rested #1 starter (hadn't pitched in 8 days since we won division), and even with 'always start highest rested' enabled, the game used my 5th starter.
Willie M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2019, 08:27 AM   #10
Cheesehead1964
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Savage_1 View Post
So if you sweep DS you're happy to start your #4 in G1 of the CS rather than a fully rested ace?

Yeah I guess that's my thought. On Sunday I set my Santana 100 as my starter a few hours before the wildcard game, knowing he'll be rested on game day (he's somewhat tired but after a few days of simming he'll be fully rested). But the game switches the starter each day it sims. I can't babysit the game every half hour...
Old 08-10-2019, 12:51 PM   #11
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Yeah if in between the regular season and the playoffs you go to Roster Management & you trust the AI's ...opinion?, you can go to actions menu in top right, you can ask the AI to set it up for you.

You can review it and if you want to change it, move a pitcher into the 1 slot for game 1, 2 slot for game 2, 3 for game 3 etc. ...forget about selecting pitcher just take the pitchers and put them 1, 2 , 3 , 4, the AI will use those guys as your 4 pitchers in the playoffs...

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 10:31 AM   #12
DonkeyKongSr
All Star Reserve

Learn to use the 7-day lineup and you will get your SP choice 100% of the time.

DonkeyKongSr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 01:40 PM   #13
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr View Post
Learn to use the 7-day lineup and you will get your SP choice 100% of the time.

This is a playoff specific problem. You can't set your 7 day lineups until the playoff schedule is announced for each round. So you have to be at a computer to set 7 days when schedule is announced.

HiDesertAce is offline   Reply With Quote