Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

View Poll Results: Which player?
Player A 18 56.25%
Player B 14 43.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-25-2019, 11:56 AM   #21
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

He is doing very well vs. lefties too this season. There are a couple of off years there, but a 10 WAR year also and maybe another this year. Thanks for sharing that.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 01:29 PM   #22
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orcin View Post
Mays (99) is in CF and he is not going anywhere. In 10 full seasons in Perfect Leagues, Mays has 60 WAR.
I've had 99 Mays for about 8 full seasons (all perfect as well) now, and he's at 56.6 WAR in that time. The defense I expected. Hitting well against LHP I expected. But the past few seasons in particular he's been crushing RHP, and I don't understand why since his ratings don't back that up. This season he's hitting .333/.392/.520 in 227 PA vs. RHP. Better than vs. LHP.

Part of me would like to upgrade to 100 Mays for the additional power and eye at the expense of a few points on defense, but at this point there's really no reason to do so.
Old 07-25-2019, 01:50 PM   #23
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
I've had 99 Mays for about 8 full seasons (all perfect as well) now, and he's at 56.6 WAR in that time. The defense I expected. Hitting well against LHP I expected. But the past few seasons in particular he's been crushing RHP, and I don't understand why since his ratings don't back that up. This season he's hitting .333/.392/.520 in 227 PA vs. RHP. Better than vs. LHP.

Part of me would like to upgrade to 100 Mays for the additional power and eye at the expense of a few points on defense, but at this point there's really no reason to do so.
He has been better than expected vs. RHP for me also. He has picked up the 20/20 achievement a few times too.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:08 AM   #24
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Mantle is on the reserve roster right now, and I plan to bring him back to replace either A or B. I am playing Aaron over DiMaggio in RF, and I could leave Aaron batting fourth and bat either Ruth or Brett third. However, DiMaggio is a better defender and strikes out far less. Aaron has good value right now, so I was considering batting DiMaggio third and either Ruth or Brett fourth. Considering Joe's terrible speed, Ruth might be a better choice to bat behind him but perhaps I should think about leaving Aaron at cleanup (selling Joe D) and batting Ruth or Brett third.
Update: I sold 99 Joe and brought Mantle up. Mantle immediately got hot, so now I am platooning him with Aaron in RF at cleanup with Ruth in LF batting third and Brett at DH batting fifth. I still want to buy 100 Joe soon, but this is working well for now.

I have about decided that I can't give up either Ruth or Brett, so I might just have to live with subpar defense at either LF or 3B to keep them both in the lineup.
Old 07-26-2019, 10:32 AM   #25
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:

I have about decided that I can't give up either Ruth or Brett, so I might just have to live with subpar defense at either LF or 3B to keep them both in the lineup.
You've got to be dispassionate about your players and get rid of the one who you decided to sell.. no emotion!

(that's being said by a guy who plays his 60 OVR Ed Brinkman card one month a season on his Senators team because he saw Brinkman play in real life and he figures Ed deserves a shot).
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2019, 10:47 AM   #26
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
You've got to be dispassionate about your players and get rid of the one who you decided to sell.. no emotion!
You're right of course, but then the one that I decided to sell goes 3-3 with 2 HR and I start to think again.
Old 08-01-2019, 11:28 AM   #27
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Brett is having a MVP season. I have Brett batting second using Josquin's theory of putting your best hitters at the top of the lineup.

Ruth was finally sold yesterday. I have decided to go more toward contact and Ruth doesn't fit. He is a classic "three true outcome" hitter.
Old 08-01-2019, 07:20 PM   #28
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Brett is having a MVP season. I have Brett batting second using Josquin's theory of putting your best hitters at the top of the lineup.

Ruth was finally sold yesterday. I have decided to go more toward contact and Ruth doesn't fit. He is a classic "three true outcome" hitter.
Ah, but the only thing that matters is run production + run prevention. And you just gave up more than 10 runs of production per season out of your DH spot.

Of course, that's based on long-term average... there will be exceptional years, like your Brett is having now.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:24 PM   #29
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josquin View Post
Ah, but the only thing that matters is run production + run prevention. And you just gave up more than 10 runs of production per season out of your DH spot.

Of course, that's based on long-term average... there will be exceptional years, like your Brett is having now.
I was able to use the points to replace 99 Greg Maddux with 100 Cy Young. How many runs is that worth?
Old 08-01-2019, 08:57 PM   #30
Josquin
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
I was able to use the points to replace 99 Greg Maddux with 100 Cy Young. How many runs is that worth?
For some reason I'm missing 99 Maddux in my spreadsheet, but I imagine you came out ahead overall, given that perfect Maddux is not even in my top 20...
Old 08-02-2019, 01:30 PM   #31
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

After reading this thread, I'm really impressed that my Gold Ichiro has 61 war through 11 seasons in PL then.

Now if I could just afford a couple pitchers who could do the same.

Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 12:16 AM   #32
Fenixdown
Minors (Double A)

I'd put A cleanup, but I'd put B third. His higher on-base gives you better run creation opportunities, and his higher average gives you more opportunities to go on an offensive run with him driving in guys with doubles while your next guy comes up and drives him in with one over the fence.
Fenixdown is offline   Reply With Quote