Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:11 PM   #1
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Bobo Holloman - who is he???

So i picked up a bobo holloman card.
cool name and the first player i saw with an 87 movement rating
S = 55
M = 87
C = 28
Overall = 69

He is an unsung hero card.
He is interesting because he played only 1 season.

So why is he even in the game?? This is it I gather : ))

https://sabr.org/bioproj/person/ae6a6b08

Who is the only major-league pitcher in the modern era to throw a no-hitter in his first start? The answer is the St. Louis Browns’ big right-hander Alva Lee “Bobo” Holloman. “Improbable” was the adjective most often used to describe Holloman’s gem of May 6, 1953 — and its odd distinction would come to stand out more. As is always recounted, that was the only complete game Bobo pitched in his short career — he was out of the majors before the end of the 1953 season with only three victories to his name.

Baseball has such intersting stories!
I will continue to play him no matter what damage he does to my team : )

I am looking forward to going playing regular OOTPB and developing him into a star!!
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:31 AM   #2
justpatrick
Major Leagues

I don´t know how much of a hero he is, but he is certainly unsung until now!

Good luck with him, but that 28 control goes a long way to explaining why he only played one season.

justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:09 PM   #3
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

A lot of folks around here don't know who Fred Beene was, either!
Old 08-04-2019, 01:33 PM   #4
fredbeene
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo_The_Lip View Post
A lot of folks around here don't know who Fred Beene was, either!
lol - if BOBO can get a card so can Freddie
He can pitch on the 5'9 and under theme teams : )
fredbeene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 02:20 PM   #5
Dogberry99
All Star Starter

I love that Bobo is in the game, but there are a lot of missing Browns. There are only 15 cards for 14 different players. George Sisler is the player with 2 cards that are both Browns. This includes the Special Edition Jack Stivetts, who technically belongs to a different organization that used the same name for a time.

Some of the missing Browns did more than enough to merit inclusion in PT. The most egregious exclusion would probably be Ken Williams, who was the first player in the 30-30 club in 1922, a full 34 years before Willie Mays became the 2nd to do it.

There are also some great nicknames we're missing out on. Who wouldn't love to trot out players with names like Baby Doll Jacobson or Barney "The Yiddish Curver" Pelty

Primary Team

Collection Rewards (Cards & Packs) F2P Theme Team

Movers F2P Theme and Adam Schlesinger Memorial Team
Dogberry99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 03:57 PM   #6
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Yeah, that 1922 team had some great players, it would be great to see more of them. I wonder what Elam Vangilder would look like, and Hub Pruett would be fun, he was the one guy Ruth could never hit.

justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 05:39 PM   #7
DawnBTVS
Major Leagues

For some history on him, he was in the Chicago Cubs system during the post-WW II years and basically spent his prime in the minor leagues winning games but also struggling with his control, which probably explains why he only saw time in the big leagues in 1953 when he was 30 years old.
Old 08-05-2019, 01:18 PM   #8
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Yes, Ken Williams deserves to be the Special Card you get for completing a Browns collection!
Old 08-09-2019, 06:44 PM   #9
Mudster
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogberry99 View Post
I love that Bobo is in the game, but there are a lot of missing Browns. There are only 15 cards for 14 different players. George Sisler is the player with 2 cards that are both Browns. This includes the Special Edition Jack Stivetts, who technically belongs to a different organization that used the same name for a time.

Some of the missing Browns did more than enough to merit inclusion in PT. The most egregious exclusion would probably be Ken Williams, who was the first player in the 30-30 club in 1922, a full 34 years before Willie Mays became the 2nd to do it.

There are also some great nicknames we're missing out on. Who wouldn't love to trot out players with names like Baby Doll Jacobson or Barney "The Yiddish Curver" Pelty
I had a fantasy baseball team called "Chasing Ken Williams Ghost" with his picture as an avatar several years ago. Got several "great name" compliments. He should have an unsung hero card, definitely.
Mudster is offline   Reply With Quote