Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 02:05 PM   #1
Dirwulf
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Am I playing with a bot in my league?

I started a new team. I am in the Ypsilon Tau entry pool. I was looking at the schedule and noticed all the teams I was playing had CLE as their abbreviation. I checked the standings and noticed a lot of teams with the name Cleveland. So I checked the manager names and they are all the same except with a different sequential number at the end. This seems very strange to me. Like someone is somehow funneling PP or...? I did report all of them.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:53 PM   #2
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

That sounds incredibly strange unless it's a bunch of friends from Cleveland who found a way to be in the same entry pool? Can't you select friends? If that's the case maybe you just got unlucky and they were 1 or 2 teams short of a full entry league and you were the filler. I'm only guessing. If I saw that I would think it's strange, as well.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:21 PM   #3
<Pion>
All Star Starter

It's possible they are filler teams so there are enough teams in the Entry Pool, I don't know. Will be interesting to find out. I've always thought that it "might" be necessary to have filler teams. One example, what if there are an odd number of teams registered for PT. Is there a league somewhere in the PT Universe with an odd number of players, does a filler team even them out?
Old 03-14-2019, 03:29 PM   #4
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
Is there a league somewhere in the PT Universe with an odd number of players, does a filler team even them out?
Yes, there's a league each season with 20-some teams, at least at the perfect level. It's rough and not ideal.
Old 03-14-2019, 03:45 PM   #5
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by atabakin View Post
Yes, there's a league each season with 20-some teams, at least at the perfect level. It's rough and not ideal.
I knew there were small leagues, but had not seen any with an odd number of teams. So if there were 25 teams, they could have 12 games for the 24 teams on a day with one team having a day off?
Old 03-14-2019, 03:46 PM   #6
atabakin
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
I knew there were small leagues, but had not seen any with an odd number of teams. So if there were 25 teams, they could have 12 games for the 24 teams on a day with one team having a day off?
Ah, I see what you're saying. Good question.

My guess would be no for everything above bronze since an even number of teams get promoted and relegated. There may be an odd number of teams in a bronze league based on what comes in from the entry pool.

Last edited by atabakin; 03-14-2019 at 03:51 PM.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:56 PM   #7
KleineBiere
Minors (Double A)

Old 03-15-2019, 02:24 AM   #8
Dirwulf
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Yes, that's the user name, but I'm in the entry pool so that person is in other leagues too. Or whoever that is.
Old 03-15-2019, 08:32 AM   #9
HRBaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleineBiere View Post
It also could be that this "raslavens" person somehow created 10 email addresses, and created 30 teams. If so, the OOTP staff should definitely stop that.

I find it hard to assume that if these are bots, they wouldn't have been more generic - and why "Cleveland" ?

I can't help but think it's someone trying to screw up the works by overloading duplicates to see what would happen.

Old 03-17-2019, 11:39 AM   #10
daveh2018
Minors (Double A)

Maybe they bought 8-10 copies of the game when it was $5 and were looking for the major PT hit with the starter packs x3 licenses, then put $ into the team(s) that hit the card lotto going forward.

Rest of them are then left to languish in Bronze forever.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:51 AM   #11
Mat
All Star Reserve

Im intrigued.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:03 PM   #12
HiDesertAce
Major Leagues

is it possible those are filler teams set up by AI to fill out bronze leauges? i can''t imagine there are many ppl starting new teams in feeder leagues last two weeks.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:48 PM   #13
Dirwulf
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I went back and checked the team's rosters and most of the teams one gold player was gone. Sold or?...
Old 03-18-2019, 04:55 PM   #14
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Just fyi, for those wondering, this was a group of users who are now banned for violating the TOS.

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Closed Thread