Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 12-04-2018, 02:54 AM   #21
Germaniac
Hall Of Famer

I really like the idea of friend's lists, simply because it would be nice to have a few managers in my league I know from the boards.

And to those who are worried about cheating:

YES, there will be cheating in PT, and Markus and his team will noch catch each and every cheater.

And then there are the guys who spend a fortune to buy themselves a Super-All-Star team, something that is absolutely within the rules but in a certain way "unfair" to those who don't.

The great thing about PT is that everyone can play it the way he wants to ... only playing with the cards from the starter pack an collect PP's to get additional packs, spending a small amount on cards or to spend big.

In the end it's up to us - do we want to play with the big boys and compete with them or do we want to have fun in our own little PT universe, where we won't ever reach the Perfect Leagues and where we even might get relegated to a lower level.

It's that simple.
that might not be a satisfactory answer.

Happy Chandler, 1947
Germaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 07:46 AM   #22
Zorro
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirmenSmith View Post

Waiting for this to be the next locked thread. Seems to be the norm now
All good things must pass.
Zorro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:54 AM   #23
Kushiel
All Star Starter

I am happy for people to play together. It is a nice feature. I am giving my grandson in the Navy a copy for Christmas and I want to play with him when he is not off somewhere classified in the nuclear submarine he is assigned to. It will give us another small chance to spend quality time together through PT.

As long as the exploits like the self professed meat baller and other exploiters are punished, I think this is great.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:23 AM   #24
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
I will believe that when I see it. It is a lot easier to threaten then to carry out.
A lot easier to threaten then to prove and not to mention a lot harder to throw out if they actually bought some points. I am not so sure it would be that easy to prove. Just my opinion but.....It is the only one I own.
Yes, unlike the AH, if you've got a sock puppet in the same division as your real team there's no way you'll get caught unless you're really sloppy about it.

Though with your next post, I don't think someone who is buying pp would also try to use exploits. Although if they did, I'm 100% that the law will be the same for everyone. The devs don't look like they're playing around with rule enforcement.

Well, we'll see how it all works out. I understand that OOTP 19 PT is still a trial of sorts, since it came out so late in the lifecycle. So maybe the devs are being liberal here, to see what kinds of things they can and can't allow in OOTP20.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 10:29 AM   #25
One Post Wonder
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushiel View Post
I am giving my grandson in the Navy a copy for Christmas and I want to play with him when he is not off somewhere classified in the nuclear submarine he is assigned to.
Are they still doing 3 month rotations with those subs? You've got to have some mental toughness to do that work.
One Post Wonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 07:05 AM   #26
freedavebrown
Minors (Double A)

Did anyone get put with their friends this time? I have one friend. We are both in Silver leagues now. Still in different leagues.
freedavebrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:06 AM   #27
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Sorry, this is still not implemented entirely.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:41 AM   #28
Kushiel
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Post Wonder View Post
Are they still doing 3 month rotations with those subs? You've got to have some mental toughness to do that work.
He is doing 3 month rotations but right now his sub is getting some upgrades. He thinks they are going 6 months next rotation when the sub is ready. I hate not knowing where he is even for 3 months Everything is classified. But this is what he wanted to do and he loves the camaraderie of the crew.

Kushiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 08:53 AM   #29
freedavebrown
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Thanks for the update. My team isn’t good enough to compete with my friend’s yet anyway.
Old 12-10-2018, 12:08 PM   #30
Matty86
Major Leagues

I don't know that I have any actual friends from the boards, but if anyone would like to be my friend so that I can play against people who I see on the forums, feel free to add me, or something!
Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 03:34 PM   #31
SayHey1
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

That's disappointing.
SayHey1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:30 PM   #32
Let'sGoBraves
Minors (Single A)

and here I was shocked nobody had bitched about the new patch yet. I see the target simply changed. I would LOVE to be in a league with a friend of mine. I would like to at least see his record and know how he is doing. High school friends that don't run into each other much anymore.

Last edited by Let'sGoBraves; 12-10-2018 at 06:31 PM.
Let'sGoBraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:00 PM   #33
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty86 View Post
I don't know that I have any actual friends from the boards, but if anyone would like to be my friend so that I can play against people who I see on the forums, feel free to add me, or something!

By the way, for someone to add you as a friend, you'll need to specify your PT user name if it's not the same as your forum name since it doesn't look like we can search on forum name (unless I missed it?).
Old 12-10-2018, 09:07 PM   #34
Matty86
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by old timer View Post
By the way, for someone to add you as a friend, you'll need to specify your PT user name if it's not the same as your forum name since it doesn't look like we can search on forum name (unless I missed it?).
My PT name is the same as my forum name, Matty86

I actually can't find where the friends list is in game anyways. Maybe I need to cut back on the booze while I play.
Matty86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 09:56 PM   #35
old timer
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty86 View Post
My PT name is the same as my forum name, Matty86

I actually can't find where the friends list is in game anyways. Maybe I need to cut back on the booze while I play.

Go to the "Main" menu and then click on "Perfect Team Universe" and then choose the tab "Managers & Rankings". From there you can search for others and "Add as Friend" on the right side.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:39 AM   #36
freedavebrown
Minors (Double A)

Bumping this, anyone get in a league with their friends this time? My friend and I both got promoted again. Still not in the same league.
Old 12-17-2018, 07:45 AM   #37
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

This has proven to be more difficult to implement than we thought. Hopefully for the next season!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 07:55 AM   #38
freedavebrown
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
This has proven to be more difficult to implement than we thought. Hopefully for the next season!
Thanks again for the update.
Old 12-24-2018, 12:43 PM   #39
SayHey1
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

So, I'm guessing this is still not working. Maybe not ever?
SayHey1 is offline   Reply With Quote