Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 10-08-2018, 12:55 AM   #1
bd001217
Minors (Single A)

FHM5 beginner questions

I love OOTP baseball, have played that for several years, and now I'm trying to get the hang of FHM... I started with FHM4 and just purchased FHM5. Had some questions, hoping somone can help me out...

1) Is there a way to sim through an NHL season and display the league standings day by day (as I can in baseball)? At this point, it seems the only view I get while simming though a season is the games of that day flashing on the screen briefly, but not even long enough to read the score of one game. Is there a setting that will display the standings day by day so I can follow the scramble for playoff spots?

2) One of my favorite things to do with OOTP baseball is to set up historical matchups between teams of the past (e.g. replaying a world series or pitting two all time great teams against each other). Is there a way to do this in FHM5? e.g. is there a way to set up a series between, say, a recent Penguins Stanley Cup team vs a recent Black Hawks Stanley Cup team? I tried a "Custom" game but wasn't able to set up a hockey world that had just those two teams with the actual players.

3) Where in the FHM file/folder structure is data kept on historical players? I thought perhaps if I could find that, it might help me set up the custom game to play a game or series between two historical teams of my choice, by having a draft and making just the players from the two chosen teams available. But I can't find player data in any of the FHM5 folders or sub folders...

Thanks!
bd001217 is offline   Reply With Quote