Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 10-05-2018, 01:03 PM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Franchise Hockey Manager Version 5.1.31 Update - Release Version

The release version of FHM5 is now available, both on Steam and via eSellerate. If you already have the pre-release eSellerate version of Franchise Hockey Manager 5, you can update to the new version now - just download the setup file and install it over your current installation. There is no need to uninstall or unlicense your current copy! However, you should quit the game before installing it, of course.

Download link for PC:
Main server: PC Installer

Download link for Mac:
Main Server: Mac Installer

Please post any problems/bugs you run into in the Bug Reports Forum (but have a look at the reporting guidelines first when reporting bugs, please.)

The rosters have not changed from the pre-release yet and are still as of last Friday; as we did in previous years, the actual opening-night rosters will be in the first update, which will be coming early next week.

Changes from the pre-release 5.0.28 version:

-added ability to edit farm/parent relationships for NHL/AHL/ECHL teams in modern and minor/top league in fictional
-on the player ratings screen, the mouse-over display of which attributes are required by which roles no longer omits the key role
-adjusted requirements of several roles
-the Agitator role should now be visible on the tactics-player list of role options and the player ratings screen's list of roles
-enabled tooltips
-training view re-enabled, is now an option on the team menu rather than on the roster screen
-fixed potential crash during saving
-disabled "Import all teams from server" and "Import all teams form import_export folder" for non-commissioners
-online status must now be selected during setup (added to historical and fictional setup windows)
-if the user is in an online game, returns to the start menu, and attempts to start a new historical or fictional game, the new game will no longer be forced into online mode
-updated presets file with additional starting injuries
-adjusted mental development rates
-adjusted starting levels of generated players in fictional games
-shootout summaries are no longer blank in the boxscore after games that end in shootouts
-players in fictional games should now get their languages set properly
-fixed empty visiting team player summary in in-game boxscore
-adjusted percentage of positions created when generating new players (not enough defencemen were being generated)
-league edit screen no longer copies regular season OT settings to playoff settings
-if "Use Region to calculate Foreigners" is on in the league rules (i.e., replacing the nation with the region to determine which players are foreign), teams from outside the region should now treat their local players as non-foreigners (the default behaviour when the region isn't used)
-the new setting that prevents low-level leagues from signing junior players from other nations should no longer be applied to CHL leagues
-fixed error in NHL waiver eligibility determination
-action menus will no longer temporarily disappear if the user gets a warning popup
-added confirmation message to league structure editing when conferences and divisions are deleted
-fixed black-on-dark background achievement text
-if NHL is expanded by more than one team at the start of the game (after removing a current team), the second expansion team's AHL/ECHL farm teams will no longer have blank data
-fixed several of the buttons on the Manager Home Screen that weren't opening the screen they should have
-in-game boxscores should no longer increment goal and assist totals incorrectly if a player has more than one (was copying the numbers/status from previous goal)
-in the in-game player stats window, teams are no longer shown as having 5 players on the ice when they are killing penalties
-fixed crash when clicking on the name of a player on the home team in the post-game boxscore
-fixed crash when right-clicking on the player name in the team-transactions-free agent centre-open offers window
-fixed schedule errors preventing WHA from playing in 1975 and 1976

Thank you for supporting Out of the Park Developments.

The FHM5 Development Team
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:48 PM   #2
NICKD83
Bat Boy

Was the bug from last year fixed where we have the option to expand the league to 32 teams rather then expand by 2 every year.
NICKD83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:50 PM   #3
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKD83 View Post
Was the bug from last year fixed where we have the option to expand the league to 32 teams rather then expand by 2 every year.
That was not a bug.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:52 PM   #4
NICKD83
Bat Boy

LOL. Is the option there this year to add one?
Old 10-05-2018, 02:54 PM   #5
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKD83 View Post
LOL. Is the option there this year to add one?
Yes.
Old 10-05-2018, 02:57 PM   #6
NICKD83
Bat Boy

Awesome woohoo
Old 10-05-2018, 04:49 PM   #7
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

What's the largest functioning(including expansion teams) NHL/AHL and ECHL that we can have?

Last edited by Orioles1966; 10-05-2018 at 04:50 PM.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:58 PM   #8
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

My game won't allow me to start a game. I can launch the game itself, but when I go to start a new game it says "Could not create game folder" I've allowed the app through Windows Firewall and even set to run as administrator. I'm getting the same message from the Steam version.

Last edited by Savoie45; 10-05-2018 at 11:00 PM.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 05:09 AM   #9
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
My game won't allow me to start a game. I can launch the game itself, but when I go to start a new game it says "Could not create game folder" I've allowed the app through Windows Firewall and even set to run as administrator. I'm getting the same message from the Steam version.
That message is almost always something with Windows user account control preventing you from writing to the folder the saves go in, which running as administrator usually fixes. When you ran it as administrator, did you do that via right-clicking the icon, then more, then run as administrator, or another way?
Old 10-06-2018, 07:01 AM   #10
bigbanan
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thanks a lot! But one thing - always there are problems in negotiations with RFA. Almost always they want to wait offer sheets from other teams.

Last edited by bigbanan; 10-06-2018 at 07:07 AM.
bigbanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 09:57 AM   #11
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
That message is almost always something with Windows user account control preventing you from writing to the folder the saves go in, which running as administrator usually fixes. When you ran it as administrator, did you do that via right-clicking the icon, then more, then run as administrator, or another way?
Yes, but something I noticed is the pop up stopped coming up, where as it was before. Another thing, when I click on Custom League. it reads Invalid Database Version.

Last edited by Savoie45; 10-06-2018 at 10:34 AM.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:44 AM   #12
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
Yes, but something I noticed is the pop up stopped coming up, where as it was before. Another thing, when I click on Custom League. it reads Invalid Database Version.
Sounds like the best option would be uninstalling and reinstalling, then - something's likely seriously wrong with that installation.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:47 AM   #13
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Sounds like the best option would be uninstalling and reinstalling, then - something's likely seriously wrong with that installation.
Yeah I've done all of that over and over, which brings me to maybe I've used my license too many times? It doesn't explain my Steam version not working though..

Last edited by Savoie45; 10-06-2018 at 11:24 AM.
Old 10-06-2018, 05:02 PM   #14
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Problem solved *sigh* I installed the game into a "custom folder".
Old 10-06-2018, 06:18 PM   #15
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Can we add other League to be affiliated with NHL like Southeast League or so on?