Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 10-05-2018, 06:46 PM   #1
daigle91
Minors (Double A)

FHM5 issue with triple monitor setup

Any chance the developers could include an option for a borderless window mode as I am running a triple monitor setup (3 x 1600x1200) and when I select full screen mode, FHM5 spans across all three monitors. When I select windowed mode, FHM5 won't allow the full resolution of one monitor (1600x1200 in my case) because in has to include the window framework as part of the available space. The only way to get one screen working is to downsize to the next lower resolution in windowed mode.
A borderless windowed mode option would solve this issue.

Many thanks.
daigle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 06:56 PM   #2
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daigle91 View Post
Any chance the developers could include an option for a borderless window mode as I am running a triple monitor setup (3 x 1600x1200) and when I select full screen mode, FHM5 spans across all three monitors. When I select windowed mode, FHM5 won't allow the full resolution of one monitor (1600x1200 in my case) because in has to include the window framework as part of the available space. The only way to get one screen working is to downsize to the next lower resolution in windowed mode.
A borderless windowed mode option would solve this issue.

Many thanks.
What happens if you select "Maximized"?
Old 10-05-2018, 07:46 PM   #3
daigle91
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
What happens if you select "Maximized"?
In both Windowed and Full Screen, selecting Maximized stretches FHM5 across all 3 monitors. Although initially it looks cool, its really not playable that way.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:47 PM   #4
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daigle91 View Post
In both Windowed and Full Screen, selecting Maximized stretches FHM5 across all 3 monitors. Although initially its looks cool, its really not playable that way.
I wonder what the difference is to my setup with 2 monitors. I can maximize it on just one screen. I will see if I can find the reason for that.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:52 PM   #5
daigle91
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski View Post
I wonder what the difference is to my setup with 2 monitors. I can maximize it on just one screen. I will see if I can find the reason for that.
I am guessing that your video driver config is treating them as two individual monitors and not one large spanned monitor? If I select windowed mode, but drop to 1440x900, and then maximize the window manually it will stay on the one screen. My video mode is specifically Nvidia's "NV surround".

Last edited by daigle91; 10-05-2018 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-06-2018, 03:09 PM   #6
daigle91
Minors (Double A)

Found a good work around for this issue...

All three of my monitors configured for 1600x1200 and are spanned to 5300x1200 via Nvidia's surround option (the extra 500 pixels are hidden due to bezel correction which is why I wish to only run FHM5 with only one of the three monitors).

To achieve an almost borderless window mode in a setup similar to mine, you would have to select a lesser vertical resolution but keep the horizontal resolution the same as your monitors horizontal resolution (in my case I would select windowed mode with a 1600x900 resolution).
When FHM5 is restarted the left and right window borders are now gone (the top and bottom ones remain)
Now manually stretch the top border upwards to just beyond the highest visual point on your monitor and FHM5 will maximize the screen with only the top and bottom borders showing, accounting for a loss of only a few pixels vertically, and no losses horizontally.

Last edited by daigle91; 10-06-2018 at 03:11 PM.