Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-06-2015, 02:12 PM   #81
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

Well the admin thing seems to have started with the first or second patch as it wasn't happening before that. I don't have a custom background and I just run it in admin mode all the time so I don't really notice the issue.
Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 08:47 PM   #82
Déjà Bru
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC1878 View Post
The icons don't show unless I run the game as admin., which I don't want to do all the time. This wasn't an issue last version.

So is everyone else seeing the skin changes when running the game without admin. privileges? Besides the icons, my custom start screen backgrounds also won't show.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Well the admin thing seems to have started with the first or second patch as it wasn't happening before that. I don't have a custom background and I just run it in admin mode all the time so I don't really notice the issue.
Agree, except that I think it was the second patch. In any event, to be fair, they do warn you here (although I never saw this warning until I knew to look for it ).
Attached Images

- Bru

Déjà Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2015, 04:40 PM   #83
hfield007
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksabr View Post
Now there's the ticket!

When I run the game as Administrator, the game opens under another skin, and when I try to change the skin to ootp 16, the game barfs because there is no skin under ootp 16. But when I re-open the game as normal, it opens under that other skin, and when I change to ootp 16 skin, it changes to it just fine.

So, I reopened the game as Administrator, it opened in another skin, I re-installed the files, and everything installed fine.

I shut down the game, reopened as normal, changed the skin to ootp 16, and it changed it as before, BUT: it did not create a new skin.bin. See attached screenshot

Then, I shut down the game, reopened once more as Administrator, changed the skin to ootp 16, and now there is a rebuilt skin.bin file. Plus, it took a lot longer to open up the game this time than it did before, apparently because it was rebuilding the new ootp 16 skin bin file. And yes, it is now there.

The solution is clear: make myself the damn Administrator already.

Thanks to everyone for their patience!
thank god for this post, after much much much difficulty this post led me to finally being able to do this properly. Thanks so much!
hfield007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 03:38 PM   #84
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Déjà Bru View Post
Years ago, Bobble created player mood icons that I still use to this day (and have to reload after each patch, but still a labor of love . . .)

I burn incense in Bobble's honor every day (not really, but I should).
Amen, amen, and amen again.