Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 2 > FHM 2 - General Discussions

Old 09-03-2015, 12:13 AM   #61
Cod
All Star Reserve

As much as I've looked forward to the release of FHM 2, I have a question about the pricing. The $39.99 (USD) price tag is hard to swallow when there is another game in the same genre/topic. The "other game" has been out since March, gets consistent updates (roster and game mechanics), and cost $25 (USD) less. Also, like with FHM, the "other game" comes from a reputable developer (w/ a decently strong hockey history) in the simulation genre.

I realize the pricing works for OOTPB since there is a lack of competition and the game has a very strong history. FHM comes to the party against competition and not enough history to judge.

My point is, I think the game would be better served at the $19.99 (USD) price point...especially if trying to attract the non-OOTP community types (Steam, GMG, etc.).

It is not my intent to start an argument, so if this post comes off as rude or the like, please let me know. Again, I'm not looking to start a flame war, just a discussion.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:52 AM   #62
Empach
Minors (Double A)

I've actually had a strong urge to play some hockey sim lately. But every time I thought about loading one up I said to myself "wait, FHM2 is just around the corner..." nice to know when that "corner" is .

The Beta Testers seem impressed, I'm looking forward to seeing if it lives up to the hype.
Empach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 01:34 AM   #63
Jayrome
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Well, I got to say that was unexpected.

I was part of the ''bashing'' club that some called, I just wanted to be informed of a release date, but I must say, I should've kept faith.

I'm happy the waiting is over, that we now have a clear idea or when this is going to be released, but I really did not trust the outcome of this.

While Cole and Sebastian were out there giving all they got to answer us with the best they had, some of us might have been too impatient and felt like we deserved to be informed, while you guys owed us absolutely nothing.

I think that's the point, you guys don't owe us anything, and we shouldn't feel like you do. Don't worry, I did not realize this once the game was announced, but I feel like this is the right time to post this.

Personally, I apologize to the developpers, and members of the community, for polluting the forums with unnecessary rant. Special apology for Penfold, who I undirectly accused of using his medical condition to get attention.

I think there's a lesson to learn here, not to get too greedy and needy when it comes to these things..

Anyway, with all that being said, can't wait for September 28th, and I wish you guys at OOTP the best success with the game.
Jayrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:15 AM   #64
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post
As much as I've looked forward to the release of FHM 2, I have a question about the pricing. The $39.99 (USD) price tag is hard to swallow when there is another game in the same genre/topic. The "other game" has been out since March, gets consistent updates (roster and game mechanics), and cost $25 (USD) less. Also, like with FHM, the "other game" comes from a reputable developer (w/ a decently strong hockey history) in the simulation genre.

I realize the pricing works for OOTPB since there is a lack of competition and the game has a very strong history. FHM comes to the party against competition and not enough history to judge.

My point is, I think the game would be better served at the $19.99 (USD) price point...especially if trying to attract the non-OOTP community types (Steam, GMG, etc.).

It is not my intent to start an argument, so if this post comes off as rude or the like, please let me know. Again, I'm not looking to start a flame war, just a discussion.
Buy it release day then it's only 29.99
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 02:34 AM   #65
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Buy it release day then it's only 29.99
Or don't buy it and play the other, less expensive game.

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:59 AM   #66
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cod View Post

No discussion needed. That 'other game' is not much more than a public beta version of a hobby project from a respectable group of people (I have worked with them, they are great). As soon as it becomes the final product, I'm sure the price will rise to the usual $39.99 for that as well.

Apart from that, I am certain FHM 2 will be the superior product, a brand new developed game and not a resurrected title from almost 10 years ago which got a bit of tuning and a facelift.

OOTP has been $39.99 forever. FHM will, of course, be priced the same because we aim for it to become the undisputed champ of its genre as well. OOTP had competition once, too... anyone remember Baseball Mogul or PureSim?

Alright, having said that, let's focus on FHM 2 here and not some other game...

Last edited by Markus Heinsohn; 09-03-2015 at 04:07 AM.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 04:01 AM   #67
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nichimanen View Post
Will Mac OSX users be able to purchase through eSellerate or will we have to go through Steam? Nothing against Steam, I just like going through eSellerate.
Both, it's up to you
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 04:10 AM   #68
Cod
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
No discussion needed. That 'other game' is nothing more than a public beta version of a hobby project from a respectable group of people (I have worked with them, they are great). As soon as it becomes the final product, I'm sure the price will rise to the usual $39.99 for that as well.

Apart from that, I am certain FHM 2 will be the superior product, a brand new developed game and not a resurrected title from almost 10 years ago which got a bit of tuning and a facelift.

OOTP has been $39.99 forever. FHM will, of course, be priced the same because we aim for it to become the undisputed champ of its genre as well. OOTP had competition once, too... anyone remember Baseball Mogul or PureSim?

Alright, having said that, let's focus on the FHM 2 here and not some other game...
My apologies. I did not want to de-rail the discussion, just voice my concerns w/ the pricing.

I wish y'all the best of luck with FHM2 and will probably purchase on release day myself.
Cod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 04:49 AM   #69
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Brown View Post
Total Hockey n00b, but I'm looking forward to this.
It's like soccer but on ice and with sticks
Gerry58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 06:57 AM   #70
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgomz View Post
Edit League Structure turned on?
Sorry, no.
Old 09-03-2015, 10:22 AM   #71
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave1927p View Post
I don't think anyone would be offended. Waiting for release is reasonable.

There is no doubt that on first impressions everyone will realize how much this game has changed for the better in many aspects. With being a beta tester, I am personally quite excited for the official release so I can finally PLAY the game and stop testing
This is what would make me the worst Beta tester ever if I ever was one. I'd be too busy playing and not pushing the game to find bugs.
thirdsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:28 AM   #72
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry58 View Post
What's funny is usually this is how I explain it to people who have no clue.I also add 'faster speed, big hits and legal fighting' and that piques their interest.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:32 AM   #73
PotatoPeeler
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry58 View Post
The similarities end there. With the exception of a common scoring objective, they couldn't be more different.

I have never taken a lesson on how to talk on TV in my life.
- Tim McCarver

Guns have only two enemies; rust and liberals.

The world is a comedy to those that think; a tragedy to those that feel.
PotatoPeeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:40 AM   #74
Big T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoPeeler View Post
The similarities end there. With the exception of a common scoring objective, they couldn't be more different.

Hockey has much less "diving" ....
Big T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:47 AM   #75
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big T View Post
Hockey has much less "diving" ....
Not been watching the Canadiens much?
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:48 AM   #76
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by tward13 View Post
Not been watching the Canadiens much?
I was thinking more the Canucks.

Though some of their serial divers have since moved on... *cough*Kesler*cough
Old 09-03-2015, 12:10 PM   #77
chey
Minors (Triple A)

I got this email while driving last night and almost ran off the road with excitement!

One question: is the plan now to publish FHM installments about once a year, a la OOTP, or do you have a less formal timeline in mind?
chey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:18 PM   #78
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chey View Post
I got this email while driving last night and almost ran off the road with excitement!

One question: is the plan now to publish FHM installments about once a year, a la OOTP, or do you have a less formal timeline in mind?
Yes, the idea is to get this back onto a regular annual cycle.

My understanding is that now that the major project of the redesigned game engine is here, making regular updates on the game and adding more stuff will become a lot easier in future patches/new versions.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:28 PM   #79
beezer2434
Minors (Triple A)

Will there be more road to release articles before it's released?
beezer2434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 12:33 PM   #80
thirdsaint
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Yes, the idea is to get this back onto a regular annual cycle.

My understanding is that now that the major project of the redesigned game engine is here, making regular updates on the game and adding more stuff will become a lot easier in future patches/new versions.
I know it's waaaaaaaaaaaaay early and you don't have to answer this but I hope this also means there's potential to carry over saved games into the new version a la OOTP.