Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-21-2015, 03:27 PM   #81
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtwnkfey View Post
Is there any MiLB evolution in game? Franchises move every 2-3 years, if not more.
I actually did some research on that subject. Unfortunately I can't find the Excel file which holds the numbers, so going from memory... I found that, from 1983 to 2006, the rate of franchise relocation was about four times higher than that seen in MLB from 1901 to 2006.

So, with minor league clubs relocating four times as often, and considering there are five times as many minor league clubs as major league, it can easily seem as if there is a minor league team is changing homes every few seasons.
Le Grande Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 03:46 PM   #82
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
I actually did some research on that subject. Unfortunately I can't find the Excel file which holds the numbers, so going from memory... I found that, from 1983 to 2006, the rate of franchise relocation was about four times higher than that seen in MLB from 1901 to 2006.

So, with minor league clubs relocating four times as often, and considering there are five times as many minor league clubs as major league, it can easily seem as if there is a minor league team is changing homes every few seasons.
What are you trying to say? It "seems" like relocation is happening more often because it is happening more often.

All I'm saying is that it should be happening within OOTP. Even if we don't have player development contracts with affiliate changes (which would be a nice add), teams still move for all the standard reasons.
mdtwnkfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:48 PM   #83
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What are you trying to say? It "seems" like relocation is happening more often because it is happening more often.
You said every two-to-three years. It's four times as often, at least in the period studied. That is not the same thing. (Bearing in mind I was using the base measure of team-seasons rather than years, as it is a more useful comparison since it accounts for league size disparities.)

Quote:
All I'm saying is that it should be happening within OOTP.
I would agree. But I strongly doubt it will happen for many years, if ever.
Old 04-21-2015, 11:24 PM   #84
mdtwnkfey
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Grande Orange View Post
You said every two-to-three years. It's four times as often, at least in the period studied. That is not the same thing. (Bearing in mind I was using the base measure of team-seasons rather than years, as it is a more useful comparison since it accounts for league size disparities.)
Oh okay, I interpreted that strangely. Carry on...
mdtwnkfey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 12:11 AM   #85
Le Grande Orange
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh okay, I interpreted that strangely. Carry on...
I probably wasn't as clear as I should have been.

Wish I could find that Excel file... unfortunately I stuck the data in a file whose name wasn't related to the subject (at least, that's what I think happened) and I haven't been able to locate it. I know it's on the hard drive somewhere. I think I even worked out the rate of relocations for each minor league classification level...
Old 05-02-2015, 01:02 AM   #86
Amazin69
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
I had a team relocation as far back as v.11, when the Padres moved to (you guessed it) Columbus.

Columbus also got an expansion team (along with Austin) in a v.15 game I did recently. The AI seems quite fond of it.
Amazin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 04:40 PM   #87
jsthomas00
Bat Boy

Multiple moves

I created a league starting in early 1900's with two 8 team leagues based on East and West cities. It expanded to 24 teams eventually with a few relocation's. The most interesting was an expansion team in Jacksonville that lasted 4 years before relocating, followed up by another expansion team in Jacksonville 10 years later.

Also a team that was losing money and low fan base and I was watching for it to relocate when it changed it's nickname only.
jsthomas00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:29 AM   #88
Hannibal05
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadoshryke View Post
So, I finished a season, and was cruising on to the pre-season for the next year and in my New and Mail:
Disappointed by the lack of recent success and a below-average fan support, Brian Thompson, owner of the Boston Red Sox has decided to pack his bags and move the franchise to San Antonio. The team will be called the San Antonio Petes, and a new color scheme and uniform has been revealed already.

Baseball fans in San Antonio celebrated all day after the announcement, looking forward to big league baseball in....
I think the game design team forgot that the Boston fans would never tolerate a move of the Red Sox from their town. Don't they know that Boston fans have been almost as a riot when it was thought of before?

Any team from Boston, with a name of Red Sox, should be marked with a "cannot move" flag in the game design. ::: chuckle :::

This is not a team like and Oakland sports team that can move back and forth in the same state and just have grumbling fans.

My league the owner changed the name of the Braves to the Atlanta Comets. Of course when you look at their new uniform it still had the Braves logo on it. I changed it back to Braves but thought that is an interesting thing to add to the game but it needs some fine tuning obviously. Financially strapped teams that haven't won anything in 30 years like the Brewers I could see moving but not the Red Sox.

--Ted Williams
Hannibal05 is offline   Reply With Quote