Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 04-10-2015, 07:09 AM   #61
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
You guys are doing it all wrong.

Right click on OOTP 16 in your Library. Select "Properties" (bottom choice of the menu). Uncheck "Enable the Steam overlay while in game" box.

Hit close.

Done and done.
Thanks. Just tried it and it does look like it's sticking. The test will be if it remains unchecked. I will check when I get home from work. Thanks again. I love these forums. I wish I had a forum like this for all the other aspect of my life
David Watts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 10:00 AM   #62
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
It has remained unchecked for me on all my Steam games forever.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 11:33 AM   #63
longball
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Nope, sorry. We're looking into this for OOTP 17.
This feature will be amazing... I rode my bike to the bus today to get to work so I didn't bring my laptop. Now I'm at work and wanted to squeeze a quick game in. I have steam on my work PC and was hoping I could just pull up my game. I guess I'll just do actual work now instead.
longball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 10:54 PM   #64
Biggio509
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottZ View Post
WHY does this pop up whenever I try to set up a new game? I've uninstalled/Reinstalled OOTP. The REALLY bad thing is that it does not close and locks the game.
Did you hit tab? Shift tab should send you to that screen but for reason in OOTP tab was sending you to that screen and freezing. If you hit tab again it will eventually get back to the previous screen. I am 100% sure that for some reason the game or steam is reading tab as shift tab and sending to that screen. I have no reason why it freezes. I reported this as a bug but I am not sure if it has been fixed.
Biggio509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 01:26 AM   #65
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
ScottZ:

Right click on OOTP 16 in your Steam Library. Select "Properties" (bottom choice of the menu). Uncheck "Enable the Steam overlay while in game" box.

Hit close.

Fixed.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 06:58 AM   #66
pixelparanoia
Bat Boy

Hey folks,

im new to Baseball and OOTP16. After some frustration i found myself sitting in front of my notebook 6 hours straight of playing. Thanks!

Now my question:

I bought a key on Steam. I also installed the game by itself. I wasn't aware of the fact, that the normal installation doesn't run now.

Is there any way to play OOTP16 without logging into steam? Do OOTP16 need an online connection all the time? Im asking because i want to take my notebook with me to vacaction where i have no or just very bad internet...So, the steamversion is out, because i have to connect steam in order to play...

Thanks for your answers
pixelparanoia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 10:22 AM   #67
IsaacR
Major Leagues

You can play the Steam version in offline mode.
IsaacR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:18 PM   #68
dgally
Bat Boy

Quick question: I have a mac laptop I use for work and a PC desktop for home. I have ootp 16 installed on both via steam. I noticed last night my mac season did not crossover to be playable on my PC. Is this correct? Is there anything I can do?
dgally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:49 PM   #69
smithtm
Minors (Double A)

dgally, if I'm not mistaken, you would need to copy the entire saved game folder back and forth between the two systems if you wanted to play the league on two different systems.
smithtm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 01:08 PM   #70
TribeFanInNC
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgally View Post
Quick question: I have a mac laptop I use for work and a PC desktop for home. I have ootp 16 installed on both via steam. I noticed last night my mac season did not crossover to be playable on my PC. Is this correct? Is there anything I can do?
Yeah, steam doesn't do anything with your specific saved game files. That is still local on whatever machine you use. Steam basically only remembers that you bought the game so you can download and install the game on multiple PCs.

To play on two different machines, you would need to copy the .lg saved game folder back and forth via thumb drive (for example). Or maybe you can do some cloud backup thing.
TribeFanInNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:25 PM   #71
MAmerica1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wolf View Post
You guys are doing it all wrong.

Right click on OOTP 16 in your Library. Select "Properties" (bottom choice of the menu). Uncheck "Enable the Steam overlay while in game" box.

Hit close.

Done and done.
I followed all of the instructions here but still couldn't get the Steam Overlay to stop popping up every time I hit shift. No matter how many times I turned off the Overlay (just for OOTP or for all games), it would turn itself back on. In frustration, I started clicking around and discovered Steam's "Big Picture" mode. I went into the settings there, turned off the Overlay, and it stuck.

No idea why this worked, but figured I'd share.
MAmerica1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 07:56 PM   #72
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

When are steam users getting the update? I keep checking every few hours. I know I'm nuts.

edit: nm. I see that it's coming tomorrow.

Last edited by vegaspomeranians; 07-28-2015 at 09:38 PM.
vegaspomeranians is offline   Reply With Quote