Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 05-08-2015, 02:13 PM   #81
Rain King
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Not sure how this would work for historical but for modern day Indy (or any league without minors)...

Setting reserve roster limit to 15 and setting the active roster to unlimited will improve roster management. You won't see guys get cut to make room on the active roster but you will occasionally see guys on a minor league contract get signed and released but luckily 90% of the roster will have a major league contract since the AI will rotate guys in and out of the active lineup. They will keep around 25 men on the major league roster despite it being unlimited.
This is an interesting idea! I'm guessing the active roster still gets based mainly on the "General AI Roster Settings". I will definitely have to use this for some test leagues to see how it plays out. Thanks!
Rain King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 11:40 PM   #82
ra7c7er
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
Setting the active roster to unlimited and keeping the reserve roster to 15 could stop the AI from cutting guys to make room after a injury clears. In my experience, the AI usually keep about 25 guys on its active roster when set to unlimited. I may try it for my modern indy league. I've seen the AI cut one of its best players to make room but it didn't really bother me much since those type of things tend to happen in a Indy league IRL. (Players asking to leave team, etc)
What are your other settings? After 5 years trying this setup the teams in my world had between 32 and 47 active roster players.
ra7c7er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 06:47 AM   #83
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ra7c7er View Post
What are your other settings? After 5 years trying this setup the teams in my world had between 32 and 47 active roster players.

I'll take some screen shots when I get off work. Most of my settings are changed from quickstart default so its a lot of typing.

I did sim 3 years and teams stayed at 25 man active roster, their reserve roster stayed around 15 but the overall team roster hovered around 47 due to players being inactive. I also seen a few players cut that were on contract but they also had bad ratings and stats. Cuts seem less random.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2015, 10:15 AM   #84
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

sign and release strikes again :)

I forgot to take screens shots, I probably should now but I since went back to unlimited reserves for my Indies. Teams still stayed around 40 men 5 years in but I realized that making the database smaller would stop sone of the hoarding of players.

Disabling FA creation and making a bigger draft is a popular thing to do but it will create a lot of players so I since lowered the draft to create 41 rounds worth of players and enabled FA creation for the Indy Leagues. Before, I was creating 50 rounds of players. That is about 300 extra players a year entering the database vs the league only creating FA's when a player is retired from it.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 05-23-2015 at 10:20 AM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:28 AM   #85
sprague
All Star Starter

This happened again, this time with a star player.
Aged 28. Long term deal, 4 years left on (an current day equiv 30 million a year salary). Had an injury. rehabed fine. As can be seen his ratings are excellent.

I happend to click the "let AI set up organization button" and didn't really notice till a month later when looking at my stats he was gone. The AI chose to eat 120 million equivalent to release him. That's not good.

I am not looking for the answer of "that is why you should mico manage every part of your team" but presenting it as a real problem that AI teams must be releasing more star players still than I first thought. I hadn't really noticed that much.

I think you guys should keep an eye out for this and see how often this happens in your games to see if it needs to be addressed- as I was, I wasnt really looking for it, only happened to notice because it was one of my star playrs.
Attached Images

Last edited by sprague; 05-25-2015 at 07:31 AM.
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:55 PM   #86
Okay
Minors (Single A)

@Sprague to me this is a problem with v16 only. (which of course needs to be fixed). I've not seen this behavior in earlier versions. Which is why I play solo with v15 . that's the workaround I use.
Okay is offline   Reply With Quote