Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations

OOTP 16 - Historical Simulations Discuss historical simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 05-20-2015, 09:18 AM   #1
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Two issues with random debut historical

So couple things I was wondering if anyone else has had trouble with.

1. Possible user error, but I started a pre-Dbacks era and when the league went to expand to 30 teams, it failed to protect my players that I had submitted. (At least I'm pretty sure I submitted correctly). So the two new teams ended up with Honus Wagner, Christy Mathewson, and Walter Johnson...ugh. User error or has anyone else had trouble with protection in an expansion draft?

2. More importantly, has anyone had any trouble with player ratings significantly dropping to 1 star in a player's 2nd year? For instance, I drafted Sammy Sosa at 3.5-4 out of 5 stars and the following season he has dropped to 1 star. This never happened to me in OOTP 15. They would fluctuate some, but rarely such a significant drop. This seems to be the case with just about any random debut that I've drafted.
Thornbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2015, 02:46 PM   #2
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

1) I have not noticed this challenge but I have seen the game create fictional players in years with an expansion draft so it does not work perfectly. Expansion can cause challenges.

2) Did Mr. Sosa's Potential Ratings change to this extent or just his yearly ones?
Old 05-20-2015, 03:23 PM   #3
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Potential I don't believe is changing much at all. It seems to drop the Current ratings way down.

I imagine this is because it's attempting to recalculate on the basis of real life stats early in their career after the year is up, and thus since Sosa or whomever is 19-21, it's attempting to reflect their lower stats? What I think bothers me about this is that it didn't seem to do that in OOTP 15, under the same calculation settings. If I drafted Sosa as a 4 star/5 star, they never dropped to 1 the next season.

Larry Walker is the latest victim. I drafted him with current ratings that put him at a 4 star, only to watch it drop to 1 star the next season.
Old 05-20-2015, 03:48 PM   #4
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thornbreaker View Post
I imagine this is because it's attempting to recalculate on the basis of real life stats early in their career after the year is up, and thus since Sosa or whomever is 19-21, it's attempting to reflect their lower stats?
True is what this imagining is.
Old 05-21-2015, 02:49 PM   #5
Thornbreaker
Minors (Double A)

Would it be better to turn the 3 year calc off, and what would be a better setting I should try?
Old 05-21-2015, 04:13 PM   #6
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

5 year recalc with/or Neutralized stats may even things out more but this player will get his mojo back if you are patient. Not even these possible settings will be an instant fix.