Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - Technical Support

OOTP 16 - Technical Support If you have problems with the game, please see here.

Old 04-17-2015, 03:49 PM   #981
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Online league

game crashes every time I try to look at a draft list in game. Crashed 5-6 times in last 45 minutes.

Use Windows 7

Last edited by bcduggan; 04-17-2015 at 03:53 PM.
bcduggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 05:29 PM   #982
CobaltJays
All Star Reserve

It appears that some coaches are getting brand new facegens when the game turns a retired player into a coach. This doesn't appear to occur all of the time, and I am unable to determine why the bug only affects some coaches. Below are some screenshots where the issue is readily apparent. These appear to be brand new faces, rather than faces that have simply aged. The screenshots are from a test league I created specifically to test this issue, and I've uploaded the league's .dat files via FTP (file name "CobaltJays coach facegen bug.zip").

This bug was present in OOTP several years ago, but recent versions of OOTP had worked fine in this regard. Unfortunately it appears that this bug is back.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
CobaltJays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 01:29 AM   #983
DJP53916
Minors (Double A)

Game doesn't work anymore.

I tried downloading the most recent update last weekend, and since then, whenever I try to open the game up either directly or through Steam, it just keeps giving me a "not responding" fault.

When I try to reopen the game after closing out, it just pops up a window that says the game crashed (paraphrased), and the same thing continues to happen.
DJP53916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 04:49 AM   #984
TonyJ
Hall Of Famer

So I'm the commissioner of a fairly long running league (The OTBL, for the record) and I just ran the conversion to 16. For the most part everything went well except for the fact that every single bit of league history was lost. I mean all of it. Player history, team history, etc. Now, if this was something that I could have influenced somehow I would just go with the TMKUTGW explanation, but that doesn't work in this case. Again, all I did was point the game to the universe file and let it convert the league. The end result was a league that now has no history.

Literally. I mean, when I look in the various html history folders there are zero files in them. Again, no files at all. So, I mean, what? I know I didn't do something wrong because the only thing available to me was to point to the universe file and let 15 convert to 16. However, the end result is that all of the built up history has been lost. I don't know if this is a bug or what, but this obviously isn't right.

Last edited by TonyJ; 04-18-2015 at 05:01 AM.
TonyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:19 AM   #985
TheZomBee
Bat Boy

Hello fellas! We recently converted our online league from 15 to 16, and now every time I try to look at another team's roster, the game crashes and stops working. It also happens every now and then when I open a player's profile. This is only happening in one of my leagues and I believe nobody else in this league has reported having the same problem, so I don't know if the problem is mine or if it is the league file. Anybody else experiencing this?

Cheers!
TheZomBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:01 AM   #986
MKG1734
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyzalot View Post
Going into the top of the ninth with a one run lead the AI brings in the closer but decides to make a double switch because the pitcher's spot is due up next replacing the excellent defensive catcher with a very mediocre one. I don't think double switches should be happening in this spot.
See screenshot: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...2-post111.html
MKG1734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 10:02 AM   #987
HerbD
All Star Reserve

HOF Voting - Online League

There is a problem with HOF voting in online league. As you can see in my screen shot there are some guys with well over 100% on the voting. There are only 13 voters in this league so the totals for Woods and Carver mean they would have had to have 20 out of 13 votes for them. Caldwell would have had to have 14 out of 13 votes. There is no way to really know how many actual votes each player received.

I think there were two things that could have caused this:

-The first being that I was using the upload all team files in the commish center. I did this multiple times to keep track of who had exported/voted on the HOF. So possibly the votes were being counted each time I did this instead of just once.

-The second could be that once you submit a ballot there is a button labeled "Recall Ballot". I hit this a couple of times and then hit submit again. This could have posted duplicate ballots.

I'm just guessing on the possibilities listed above.
Old 04-18-2015, 10:06 AM   #988
MKG1734
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:

SP pitching a shutout not being lifted in top of 9th for a pinch hitter but then being replaced to start the bottom of the ninth.
Markus Heinsohn replied:
Quote:
Probably the AI had no PH left on the bench. The AI checks for situations like this and PH the SP if players are available.
Markus,
This was discussed in the thread....the AI had used zero PH in this game
Old 04-18-2015, 10:56 AM   #989
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKG1734 View Post
Markus Heinsohn replied:

Markus,
This was discussed in the thread....the AI had used zero PH in this game
Was it a no hitter going when removed? If no, was it a save situation? If it was not a no hitter and it was a save situation the AI would replace pitcher in ninth even though he was not pinch hit for. At least that is from my experience.
bcduggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:06 AM   #990
Painmantle
Hall Of Famer

Online Commish password problem

Hey guys,

In previous versions the commish password worked to log in with any GM login from the select Manager screen.

In this version when I select another GM and enter the commish password I get You have entered the wrong Password

Thanks
“As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher's mound. It was as if I'd been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” -Babe Ruth
“Ruth made a grave mistake when he gave up pitching. Working once a week, he might have lasted a long time and become a great star.”-Tris Speaker
My Dynasties
The Beantown Bambino

Last edited by Painmantle; 04-18-2015 at 11:08 AM.
Painmantle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 12:23 PM   #991
MKG1734
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan View Post
Was it a no hitter going when removed? If no, was it a save situation? If it was not a no hitter and it was a save situation the AI would replace pitcher in ninth even though he was not pinch hit for. At least that is from my experience.

It was not a no hitter and save situation should not matter. And you are correct that you see this often.

However... this was discussed in the thread and Matt Arnold stated that it was not correct AI behavior and that it was, indeed, a bug (see Matt Arnold's post here: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...27-post78.html )

This is because the pitcher, if he is not going to be pitch the next half inning, should be pinch hit for due to the injury risk of batting and then potentially running the bases.

Last edited by MKG1734; 04-18-2015 at 06:03 PM.
Old 04-18-2015, 01:32 PM   #992
tward13
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Sorry, I was unable to reproduce this From where did you drag Mejia, from the bullpen or the player list? Did you have substitutions set to the AI or yourself?
Markus, I figured out how this happened and can reproduce it any time.

Same situation I described, dragging a reliever from the bullpen to the 9th spot in the order. I have the game in Windowed mode, so the Windows task bar shows at the bottom.

When dragging the pitcher to the ninth spot, if I leave the game window I get a pop up message asking if I want the pitcher in the 1st batting position, then a second pop up asking if I want the pitcher to replace the original pitcher. End up with new pitcher in two positions.

Since I was paying attention this time I answered no to both questions and more carefully moved the pitcher.
tward13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 08:40 PM   #993
jazjef
Bat Boy

Red face

OOTP16 3D ballpark model edit-mode 'bugs' as per my experience:

[1] do not type the number '4' into the 'save cam' box for any reason when naming a camera angle---it will crash OOTP16. The camera angle save process does not like '4' for some reason---use alpha-appended names like Catcher_A, Catcher_B, Skybox_C, Blimp_D etc.

[2] Choosing 'Stadium' from the 'Edit mode' drop-down box will often crash OOTP when you're editing and setting up the 3D ballpark dimensions---and restarts will not allow you to enter Edit Mode 'Stadium' as it will keep crashing when you try to get into 'Stadium' edit mode.

SOLUTION: Get into 'Stadium' mode in an entirely different Game... here's how
A. Switch to an entirely different Game
B. Choose a team, and go to the 3D edit area for that team's ballpark
C. Immediately load a different ballpark for that team, then choose 'Stadium' from the dropdown---at this point, it shouldn't crash and will allow you to get into 'Stadium' edit mode...
D. While leaving it in 'Stadium' mode at this point, load your ballpark you wish to edit----it should now be in 'Stadium' mode already once it loads.

[3] Always switch to 'Broadcast Mode' when you Exit & Save a game. Re-entering a game, or starting a game in 3D ballpark mode is just asking for a 'crash'. In addition, try not to allow a game to end while in 3D mode---or the next time you try to enter a game with that team, OOTP will startup in the stadium mode you were at when the game did the last Exit & Save.

[4] When you are in an exhibition game and 'testing out' a new 3D park you have designed, and you Save & Exit the game and then go into 3D stadium edit mode, you'll still see residual player photos, widgets, linescore boxes etc from the game you just exited on the screen while in 3D edit mode.

HOW TO FIX THIS:
A. Load a totally different 3D ballpark first, then load the ballpark you're working on.
TIP: Load 'default_minor.obj' ballpark when you load your 'totally different ballpark'.... it's only 126K in file size, and it will load rapidly.

[5] Please change the default values of 45 inside the 'degrees' and 'CM' boxes to '1' .... this allows you to move the model in smaller increments. If you try to move the park with it set at the default 45, it will vanish into cyberspace most times. Those unfamiliar with these boxes and what they do will have a very 'mysterious' experience when they click one of the X or Y axis buttons and the ballpark vanishes. This is what happens nearly every time when they are set at 45 and you click one of the axis value-change buttons.

*Despite these things, I LOVE the 3D ballparks---keep developing the feature. It's totally unique as a 'ball-flight' environment when compared to all other baseball SIMs. Thanks.....

Last edited by jazjef; 04-18-2015 at 08:55 PM. Reason: omitted information
jazjef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:43 PM   #994
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

MKG kind of posted this bug above but I'll post it here so the image is in this thread...

Going into the top of the ninth with a one run lead the AI brings in the closer but decides to make a double switch because the pitcher's spot is due up next replacing the excellent defensive catcher with a very mediocre one. I don't think double switches should be happening in this spot.
Attached Images
Dyzalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 09:45 PM   #995
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Probably the AI had no PH left on the bench. The AI checks for situations like this and PH the SP if players are available.
This was a shutout so there was a full bench available.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:08 PM   #996
Mets Man
Major Leagues

Position Ratings/Experience Disappearing

There seems to be a bug with players losing position rating/experience (at least visually).

In every ratings screen for a particular player, he has no positions he can play (no bars, no ratings for any positions), but when you go through the editor you'll see that he has maxed (200) experience at a position.

I think the problem may occur whenever a player maxes out his experience at a particular position; it then disappears from this ratings screen.

Here are two examples:

Jose Reyes:

Adrian Beltre:

I've seen this happen with several players throughout the years in my simulation.

I've uploaded my zipped league files to the ftp under the name: "Position Ratings Disappear.zip"

I've submitted a ticket for this (#12328)
Mets Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 11:18 PM   #997
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Pretty sure that is because Reyes' range value has fallen below the minimum threshold required in order to have a rating at SS. Same thing happens to the 2015 Adrian Beltre at third when his "turn dp" rating falls too low.

LOL didn't realize you had posted Beltre as well when I first posted this.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:22 PM   #998
Mets Man
Major Leagues

Quote:
Pretty sure that is because Reyes' range value has fallen below the minimum threshold required in order to have a rating at SS. Same thing happens to the 2015 Adrian Beltre at third when his "turn dp" rating falls too low.

LOL didn't realize you had posted Beltre as well when I first posted this.
I think you're right, I'm just realizing this when changing some of the ratings in the editor.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:27 PM   #999
Mets Man
Major Leagues

I just want somebody to verify if it's the case where

this is happening because the "Position Ratings" are a combination of position experience + various fielding abilities (range, error, arm)

So whenever the player's fielding abilities get low enough to the point where he's no longer adequate at a position (below a certain threshold depending on the position); the position experience (even if it's maxed out at 200) still isn't enough to be a factor.

I thought the position rating shown was strictly "experience at the position", not some sum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mets Man View Post
There seems to be a bug with players losing position rating/experience (at least visually).

In every ratings screen for a particular player, he has no positions he can play (no bars, no ratings for any positions), but when you go through the editor you'll see that he has maxed (200) experience at a position.

I think the problem may occur whenever a player maxes out his experience at a particular position; it then disappears from this ratings screen.

Here are two examples:

Jose Reyes:

Adrian Beltre:

I've seen this happen with several players throughout the years in my simulation.

I've uploaded my zipped league files to the ftp under the name: "Position Ratings Disappear.zip"

I've submitted a ticket for this (#12328)
Old 04-19-2015, 12:35 AM   #1000
Dyzalot
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mets Man View Post
I just want somebody to verify if it's the case where

this is happening because the "Position Ratings" are a combination of position experience + various fielding abilities (range, error, arm)

So whenever the player's fielding abilities get low enough to the point where he's no longer adequate at a position (below a certain threshold depending on the position); the position experience (even if it's maxed out at 200) still isn't enough to be a factor.

I thought the position rating shown was strictly "experience at the position", not some sum.
There are minimum thresholds in certain skills for every position that a player must be at before they can have a rating at that position, no matter how much experience they have. I don't agree with the "turn dp" one for third basemen but that's the way it currently is.