Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-26-2015, 01:29 PM   #281
David Watts
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Assos View Post
Is it just me or is the date missing in the game when you play out?
I've been noticing that too, but I was too lazy to load up 15 and to see if I was just imagining that it used to displayed.
David Watts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 01:29 PM   #282
Yick
Minors (Double A)

Unless this feature is already included (I haven't seen it anywhere), I'd be interested in simulated manager replay challenges. I get that there is no actual visual of what's happening on the field, but there are times when the text descriptions paint a picture of a very close play. There have even been times when the description paints one picture but the game result is totally different than what you might expect (slow guy on 1st, clean infield hit, somehow runner advances to 3rd). It could even be one of those quicktime scenarios (similar to the ones that currently exist for baserunning where you can, for example, try to tag up from 2nd to 3rd on a weak outfielder). I know going into this season, the MLB eliminated a team waiting on confirmation from their video room regarding whether or not to challenge a call, but that's not to say you couldn't get a recommendation from your bench coach.

I think it would add another realistic element to the game, and give you a chance to overturn calls on close plays (or have them overturned on you).
Yick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:18 PM   #283
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Very impressed with facegen quality this year.

_
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Bluenoser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:23 PM   #284
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yick View Post
Unless this feature is already included (I haven't seen it anywhere), I'd be interested in simulated manager replay challenges. I get that there is no actual visual of what's happening on the field, but there are times when the text descriptions paint a picture of a very close play. There have even been times when the description paints one picture but the game result is totally different than what you might expect (slow guy on 1st, clean infield hit, somehow runner advances to 3rd). It could even be one of those quicktime scenarios (similar to the ones that currently exist for baserunning where you can, for example, try to tag up from 2nd to 3rd on a weak outfielder). I know going into this season, the MLB eliminated a team waiting on confirmation from their video room regarding whether or not to challenge a call, but that's not to say you couldn't get a recommendation from your bench coach.

I think it would add another realistic element to the game, and give you a chance to overturn calls on close plays (or have them overturned on you).
Just today, as a matter of fact, Markus said he'd probably have to consider it for OOTP17.
pstrickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:02 PM   #285
Yick
Minors (Double A)

I would also love to see cloud saves... If I could play my game on my phone or at work, that would be the end of my social life.
Yick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:25 AM   #286
kackle85
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
I would also love to see cloud saves... If I could play my game on my phone or at work, that would be the end of my social life.
This x 100
kackle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:30 AM   #287
Imperialism32
Major Leagues

The absolute coolest thing about OOTP is that I read forums and see a post about something and wonder why in the world someone plays the way they do with the settings they do since I play completely the opposite way... and then realizing that both of us love the game just as much. It's a real credit to Markus, Matt, and everyone.
Imperialism32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:47 AM   #288
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by manalsas52 View Post
You are not alone. I liked the 14 color scheme also.
Also miss the uniform number drop down to change the uni number.
Yes. I miss both of them.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
The Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:48 AM   #289
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kackle85 View Post
This x 100

And this could easily be done via Steam.
Well, the average OOTP user...downloads the game, manages his favorite team and that's it.
According to OOTP itself, OOTP MLB play (modern and historical) outnumbers OOTP fictional play three to one.

Five thousand thanks for a non-modder? I never thought I'd see the day. Thank you for your support.
Old 03-27-2015, 12:04 PM   #290
frangipard
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
And your job, too...
frangipard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:56 AM   #291
The Wolf
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipard View Post
And your job, too...
One out of eight Americans are already on food stamps...