Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 16 > OOTP 16 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 16 - General Discussions Discuss the new 2015 version of Out of the Park Baseball here!

Old 03-07-2015, 04:49 PM   #1
Habsfan18
Hall Of Famer

What aging speed do you use?

I know, many will say the default 1.000 is the most accurate, and maybe so. But I've noticed a lot of top stars decline rapidly as early as 29-30 in my OOTP games, and I'd like to stay away from that. Again, I get that it may be realistic in some cases, but I'd like to see a players prime last until 33-34 at least..rather than 29-30.

I've experimented with .850 and the results were a bit better, but many stars were still flaming out after only 6-7 year careers (and out of the Majors completely by 31-32 in some cases).

So I was just wondering, which aging speed do you use? I've read some people go as low as .250..but that seems too drastic of a change IMO.

Also, is it safe to change aging speed in the MLB quickstart? Or only for fictional and historical setups?

Thanks
Habsfan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 06:47 PM   #2
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

I go with Marcus on this one. I keep it at default so that the program executes as designed. I trust the "fun-factor" of default.

All PBA games broadcast live on Steam.
Honorable_Pawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:07 PM   #3
BCStone
Minors (Double A)

I'm quite happy with .750 aging speed. Prime years seem to be in that 24-25 to 32-34 year old range while continuing to be productive into late 30's for the star players. Most of the Superstar's retire around 38-39. a very small % 40-41. I really wasn't happy with the default setting but that's just me.

.750 aging for both batters and pitchers. ( Star Pitchers seem to last until 40-41)
1.000 dev speed for both pitchers and batters

This is for fictional league.

Last edited by BCStone; 03-07-2015 at 07:10 PM.
BCStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:26 PM   #4
BCStone
Minors (Double A)

This is one of my all time favorite players. I play stats only and traded for him thinking I was getting a decent bat with a little pop. I was in desperate need of a leadoff hitter that could get on base. I wanted more speed but he was the only one I could find with the kind of OBP so I sacrificed the speed for his on base ability. What a surprise he turned out to be. A very sad day for me when he retired. Anyway my point is this is with the .750 aging speed so you can see what to expect.
Attached Images

Last edited by BCStone; 03-07-2015 at 07:27 PM.
BCStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 07:26 PM   #5
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Somewhere between .150 and .400

I like seeing older players actually play until they are old. But this thread might convince me to go upwards. I've played this way for years though.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:36 PM   #6
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCStone View Post
I'm quite happy with .750 aging speed. Prime years seem to be in that 24-25 to 32-34 year old range while continuing to be productive into late 30's for the star players. Most of the Superstar's retire around 38-39. a very small % 40-41. I really wasn't happy with the default setting but that's just me.

.750 aging for both batters and pitchers. ( Star Pitchers seem to last until 40-41)

What he said.
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 08:41 PM   #7
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCStone View Post

Funny thing is I get the same results with defaults.

Im convince other things play into effect rather than just those settings.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:43 PM   #8
mpejkrm
All Star Reserve

I play with .250 for hitters and .300 for pitchers. Most guys hit the decline around age 32, sometimes later if they are elite and sometimes earlier if they suck. I like it.
mpejkrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2015, 09:46 PM   #9
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpejkrm View Post
I play with .250 for hitters and .300 for pitchers. Most guys hit the decline around age 32, sometimes later if they are elite and sometimes earlier if they suck. I like it.

That sounds kinda cool. I've never tried it. Keeps the inventory of the players turning over.

Old 03-07-2015, 11:10 PM   #10
ihatenames
Hall Of Famer

I'm happy with 1.00. I've had a few guys that peaked in their mid 20s and fell off in their early twenties. I currently have a 6 time Cy Young Award winning starter at 40 and still throwing 98. I just had closer who finally hit the wall at 41 and fell off the earth. I think Markus got it right so I don't feel the need to change it. I've seen a few guys stay productive into their 40s but most are done by their mid to late 30s. Some fringe guys go earlier. I think Markus has it pretty close to right.
Old 03-08-2015, 05:53 AM   #11
BusterKing
Hall Of Famer

I'm using one that's way too fast, I'm already 61.
BusterKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 09:23 AM   #12
Honorable_Pawn
Hall Of Famer

Face it with honor, my friend.

Old 03-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #13
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

What aging speed do you use?

One thing I do notice is that regardless of settings, once the league start replacing real players with fictional players, the fictional players will have a hard time playing in a lot of games compared to real life. This is a lil irrelevant but I should point that out as this will screw up any long term test looking for realistic settings.

Players sitting out of games more often has nothing to do with fatigue or injuries though, the AI just like to rotate players around different positions considering mostly all generated fictional players can play everywhere and have multiple position ratings. The more fatigue and injuries you have in your save will be even worse, Its probably best to turn those off in any test.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 03-08-2015 at 07:40 PM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 12:54 PM   #14
megamanmatt
Hall Of Famer

.65 for batters, .6 for pitchers
"The Minneapolis Lakers moved to Los Angeles, where there are no lakes; The Oilers moved to Tennessee where there is no oil; the Jazz moved to Salt Lake City where they don't allow music; The Oakland Raiders moved to Los Angeles and then back to Oakland, no one in Los Angeles seemed to notice."

Note to self: Princess Kenny was really off-putting.
megamanmatt is offline   Reply With Quote