Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager > FHM - Public Beta Test > FHM - Beta Bug Reports

Old 03-03-2013, 03:02 AM   #1
JeffR
FHM Producer

Match Engine

Post any issues related to the in-game display of the match engine here.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:28 PM   #2
Jonesey
Minors (Double A)

Play by play needs some work.

Not everything is being reported. (only one of the 4 goals I've seen have shown up in the play by play)

for faceoffs I'd like to see:
Faceoff: Paul Gaustad (NSH) beats Pavel Datsyuk (DET) instead of Away wins faceoff

Also I'd make the score bigger than shots.

Penalty clock should show the number of the player in the box. EX - 33 2:00 or even C. Wilson 2:00
Old 03-04-2013, 08:40 PM   #3
scuffleball
Major Leagues

Might just be me, but when you are simming a day's worth of games, the date listed is the following day...

For example, I was simming the games on Saturday, 10/15/2012 and the progress box says "Simming Sun 10/16/2012".
Old 03-04-2013, 08:54 PM   #4
tomwolf2008
Major Leagues

Also might just be me

But in sudden death OT, when a team scored, the time continues to run. (Meaning the teams are not playing anymore but I still need to wait the time to run down to 0 before I can end the game)
Old 03-04-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
Jonesey
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwolf2008 View Post
Also might just be me

But in sudden death OT, when a team scored, the time continues to run. (Meaning the teams are not playing anymore but I still need to wait the time to run down to 0 before I can end the game)
I had the same issue.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:58 PM   #6
scuffleball
Major Leagues

In the player Season Stats tab, Splits box...

Shows the accumulated stats fine (in TOTAL), but there is nothing listed for either Home or Away, leaving us guessing just where the player got these stats
Old 03-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #7
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey View Post
Play by play needs some work.

Not everything is being reported. (only one of the 4 goals I've seen have shown up in the play by play)

for faceoffs I'd like to see:
Faceoff: Paul Gaustad (NSH) beats Pavel Datsyuk (DET) instead of Away wins faceoff

Also I'd make the score bigger than shots.

Penalty clock should show the number of the player in the box. EX - 33 2:00 or even C. Wilson 2:00
The PbP Text is just placeholder for the moment, in fact, I added it minutes before the open beta release (don't tell anyone, was even untested ). Over the next month's we will make it much more detailed so you get much more text (think FM or OOTP PbP).

For the Goals missing, I just found that Rebound Goals are not mentioned in the text so I will fix it with the first update.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:10 PM   #8
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwolf2008 View Post
Also might just be me

I found this the minute we uploaded the game. So expect it to be fixed with the first update.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:24 PM   #9
scuffleball
Major Leagues

Auto Play until Date...

I told it to autoplay until November 20, 2012 and it simmed through that date and didn't stop. I ESC'd out and it stopped simming fine, but had simmed through November 26th.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:28 PM   #10
tcblcommish
Hall Of Famer

I just had a game, playing as the Edmonton Oilers at the San jose Sharks. My team took a penalty and the penalty clock stayed at 0:01 for the rest of the 3rd period. Because of that, my team never did anything after that penalty because it looked like the game kept me at a shorthanded line all period.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 03-04-2013, 09:34 PM   #11
ctid
Bat Boy

Playing the pens right now, I'm the flyers. Down 11-1! 2 periods played.

I noticed that I don't ever have a player on for the RW position. In the lineup all the positions have been filled up. But during the actual game, I'm a man short all the time.

Moreover, the pens on the other hand always have their RW position filled by the player playing the center position....so during the game, for one shift Crosby is shown to play both C and RW, same for Neal.

oh wait....game crashed.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:36 PM   #12
scuffleball
Major Leagues

Scores of games...

About 90% of the games being played now are 1-0, 2-0, 2-1 scores. Goal scoring as totally bottomed out since I started simming the season. Almost every goalie in the NHL has a GAA below 1.00.

Goals/game set at the default of 5.13 (for NHL). My total right now is 3.16 Goals per game. Only one team is scoring more than 2.00 per game right now.

UPDATE - Seems to not be affecting other leagues, just the NHL.

Last edited by scuffleball; 03-04-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #13
benspit
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've gone to OT in an NHL game. Score is tied 5-5, shots 36 apiece. The clock is now running UP and counting. Presently at 240. Cannot escape/end the game. I can pause it, change my tactics/players etc but nothing else. Also, the time is travelling at the speed regardless of what speed I have it set at.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #14
Laraque27
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by benspit View Post
I've gone to OT in an NHL game. Score is tied 5-5, shots 36 apiece. The clock is now running UP and counting. Presently at 240. Cannot escape/end the game. I can pause it, change my tactics/players etc but nothing else. Also, the time is travelling at the speed regardless of what speed I have it set at.
Yeah, I've got that as well. Notice that there's a power play at the end of OT. Maybe that has something to with it.

Old 03-04-2013, 09:57 PM   #15
Laraque27
Bat Boy

OK, this just got a bit weirder. When I tried starting the game again, the score was 2-2 and the shots were when I had to close the game the last time. Then it crashed.

Edit: You can also see that I have my PP out there against their PK, even though no penalties had been handed out in the restarted game.

Last edited by Laraque27; 03-04-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:58 PM   #16
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

The first update will concentrate on the In-Game screen. I know that the game will stop after a sudden death goal but the clock will keep running. I'm pretty sure that the screen will not show a Shootout and I will take a look into the stuff you reported about the game not stopping. The reason is that the time stops at 1 second and the finish check is will look for Null so I have to find the reason why it stops at 1.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #17
Laraque27
Bat Boy

OK, my game is done. I can't sim past the first game either because of this bug in OT where the time just kept running up.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:03 PM   #18
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laraque27 View Post
OK, my game is done. I can't sim past the first game either because of this bug in OT where the time just kept running up.
I will make sure that gets fixed with the first update!
Old 03-04-2013, 11:19 PM   #19
OpusTheFowl
Minors (Double A)

A game ran into OT then when the clock hit zero it just started to count back up. No play by play or anything...just the clock...

Old 03-04-2013, 11:25 PM   #20
highheat42
Minors (Double A)

How do you play a match? I have no option to play when I go up to the puck, only to play the day, unlike say an ootp season where the game would come up and you could select it.