Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > iOOTP Baseball > iOOTP - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

iOOTP - General Discussions Talk about iOOTP Baseball, the baseball management simulation for iPhone/iPod/iPad

Old 05-05-2011, 01:38 AM   #1
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Two quick things from 90 minutes of playing

First off I want to say how amazing this is. It seems like that all the right decisions were made in decided what to put into the game and what was decided to leave out.
It really is quite an amazing effort.

Two things I noticed though right off.

The first is what I am going to call a bug. I did a 30 team fictional league without an inaugural draft. I selected a team (the Nashville Pistons) and began my player evaluation. I noticed that one of my SPs was a very good pitcher and was selected to be my #1 pitcher. However, when I noticed his expected role I saw that it was 'bullpen assignment'
So I scrolled over to look at his endurance at it was a 3/10
I switched over to 1-100 ratings and it was a 27/100. Hardly starter material. So I changed his role to MR and made one of my MR's with an 8 endurance a SP.

However, the problem is that whenever I ask the CPU to auto do my rotation it puts him back as a SP even though he is still set as an MR.
I decided to look over all the players in the league and I see that other pitchers around the league are set to be SPs despite having very low endurance. I figure this has the potential to be a problem for simulation accuracy.
So far it is the only problem I see.

The other thing I noticed is an omission. Unless I am missing it, I do not see a team developmental report.
This is absolutely 100% vital if you are going to play your game in career mode. Otherwise you don't really have a way to track the development of your minor leagues.
This is the only critical thing that I see the game needs. It should definitely be in update #1. Without it the drafting and watching your prospects grow aspect of the game is not going to be all that fun.

Thanks for putting this out and I am going to quit typing and go dig in and play some more!
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 01:47 AM   #2
rudel.dietrich
Hall Of Famer

Infractions: 1/0 (0)
Actually, now that I think about it. I think the reports tab from OOTP 11 should just be copied directly over.
Salary report, ratings reports, injury report and developmental report.
Since this game relies on touch instead of mouse and keyboard it is a lot harder to navigate around. Being able to go to one screen for example and see your entire teams salaries would save a lot of time.

Also, in the 'it would be nice' column I think I can add top prospects for both your team and the top 100 prospects for your league. But that can come later.
I consider the reports to be critical. Especially the developmental report.
rudel.dietrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:26 AM   #3
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Two things that I noticed after playing one game. Quick-play to inning is needed. I quick play it till the 7th inning, one inning at a time is not fun. The other thing, which maybe I over looked it, once I pinch-hit for a pitcher, it'd be nice to see what the opposing teams has due up so I can see if I need to bring in a lefty or righty.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:36 AM   #4
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post
Two things that I noticed after playing one game. Quick-play to inning is needed. I quick play it till the 7th inning, one inning at a time is not fun. The other thing, which maybe I over looked it, once I pinch-hit for a pitcher, it'd be nice to see what the opposing teams has due up so I can see if I need to bring in a lefty or righty.
Quick-play to inning: Believe me, we tried but there is not enough space on the screen. If we find a way to add it, we will (the Universal App should work, so at least on the iPad it would be available).

I will take a look into the second point.
Sebastian Palkowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 02:47 AM   #5
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by palli View Post
Quick-play to inning: Believe me, we tried but there is not enough space on the screen. If we find a way to add it, we will (the Universal App should work, so at least on the iPad it would be available).

I will take a look into the second point.
Thanks!! It's fun so far, you got my 5 stars.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:58 AM   #6
Mike D
Hall Of Famer

Two more quick things (maybe I should start my own thread):

How do you double switch? Maybe injuries are a bit high. Two games, two starting pitchers go down. And no, I'm playing as the 2004 Cubs.
Old 05-05-2011, 03:39 AM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Regarding the SP issue, at such a low endurance rating, the player still is able to start, the low limit is 25. However, the pitcher will not be as good as his ratings might suggest given his low endurance. But in your case the AI obviously thinks it's worth a shot and uses him as a starter.

Regarding the reports, you got a point. I am certain we will add these sometime in the future!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 03:42 AM   #8
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:

How do you double switch? Maybe injuries are a bit high. Two games, two starting pitchers go down. And no, I'm playing as the 2004 Cubs.
Double switches should work the way as in OOTP to be honest. Insert a pitcher into a different lineup slot (using the button with the two blue arrows on the right of the lineup screen) and then insert a position player in the #9 slot.

Injuries have actually been toned down, you're suffering the dreaded small sample size issue
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:11 AM   #9
AirmenSmith
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Regarding the SP issue, at such a low endurance rating, the player still is able to start, the low limit is 25. However, the pitcher will not be as good as his ratings might suggest given his low endurance. But in your case the AI obviously thinks it's worth a shot and uses him as a starter.

Regarding the reports, you got a point. I am certain we will add these sometime in the future!
Any chance of a force start, for all players, option in an update?

Last edited by AirmenSmith; 05-05-2011 at 09:14 AM. Reason: spelling :)
AirmenSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:08 AM   #10
cody8200
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Actually that exact thing happened to this year's 2011 Cubs. Randy Wells and Andrew Cashner (our 4 and 5 starter's) went down for what appears to be about 2 months each. Real life hurts.