Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Bug Reports Forum Have a bug to report? Please post here.

Old 04-07-2020, 08:53 PM   #1
BMW
Hall Of Famer

Retired Players keep appearing in DFA

I'm noticing that when players retire, they seem to go into my DFA. Willie Wilson was just on my team and retired at the end of the season. I get a message saying that I have someone to take care of in my DFA and it's Willie.

I have been seeing this in other seasons too, including players who were once in my organization, and retired in someone else's minor league system.
Old 04-12-2020, 09:38 PM   #2
BMW
Hall Of Famer

I just had Ryne Sandberg retire and again immediately go to my DFA, and the game wanted me to assign him to a team in my org.
Old 10-04-2020, 11:18 PM   #3
dewguru
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I just experienced this issue.

Historical league, offline. Playing as the Cubs. Using version 21.6 build 83.

I've been noticing a bunch of retired minor league players appearing in my lowest minor league team. I recognize them as I control my minor league signings, and after the season, my lowest team balloons to over 100 players on the team, and reviewing their history shows they supposed retired.

This season, I was doing a 40-man roster move and noticed I had Luis Salazar in my DFA. Looking at his history, he retired on September 26th, yet there he was, so I cut him. Screen shot of his history attached.

Looking through my team transaction log, it's not showing these people being signed by anyone, and only I have signing authority, and I play with it not allowing my minors to auto-fill.
Attached Images
Old 10-05-2020, 04:01 AM   #4
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewguru View Post
I just experienced this issue.

Historical league, offline. Playing as the Cubs. Using version 21.6 build 83.

I've been noticing a bunch of retired minor league players appearing in my lowest minor league team. I recognize them as I control my minor league signings, and after the season, my lowest team balloons to over 100 players on the team, and reviewing their history shows they supposed retired.

This season, I was doing a 40-man roster move and noticed I had Luis Salazar in my DFA. Looking at his history, he retired on September 26th, yet there he was, so I cut him. Screen shot of his history attached.

Looking through my team transaction log, it's not showing these people being signed by anyone, and only I have signing authority, and I play with it not allowing my minors to auto-fill.
It seems like this can happen in certain circumstances when you're using the OOTP dev engine to control players development and they retire at different times than they did in reality. We're looking at how and why it happens and should eventually have a fix for it (which may not come till OOTP22).

In the meantime, someone else had suggested this as a workaround, which may help you.

'I got around this by unchecking "import real rookies" when advancing from postseason to offseason, then immediately rechecking it after. This made the problem go away, and since I was importing real rookies for a draft and not onto their real teams, the correct "debut" players would import when the draft rolled around. But if you are setup to import rookies to their real teams, this workaround is no good because it will keep ALL players from importing - the ones that had retired AND the rookies making their debut.'

lukas@ootpdevelopments.com

Order Out of the Park Baseball 25!

Need to upload files for us to check out? Instructions can be found here
Lukas Berger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2020, 11:22 AM   #5
hefalumps
All Star Starter

Thanks Lukas...

The suggested "workaround" is something I wrote in a separate thread, and after re-reading it, I just wanted to clarify...

On the last day of the postseason, I uncheck the "Import Real Rookies" box, advance one day to start the offseason (which is when rookies typically import onto their real life teams if that option is selected), and then once I'm in the offseason, I re-check the "Import Real Rookies" box so that the rookies will import when my draft comes by.

Ever since I started making this part of my yearly routine, I haven't seen any players who retired "early" in my alternate history re-appear in the DFA of teams they played for in real life.

But if you don't do a draft for your real rookies and instead place them on their real life teams, this won't help. Sure, you'll prevent the retirees from reappearing on their real team's DFA, but you'll prevent the rookies from appearing there too.

I always thought this issue was due to my league being an older one that had imported across several versions and perhaps used an older player ID format than what is currently used. But others have claimed they see the same issues in their leagues, even if it's one they started in the latest version.

Hope this workaround is helpful to some!

Last edited by hefalumps; 10-05-2020 at 11:24 AM.
hefalumps is offline   Reply With Quote