Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 04-07-2020, 09:12 PM   #41
Beatles Eternally
Minors (Double A)

Garlon,

THIS is a baseball fan's ultimate fantasy. OOTP's All Time Greats quickstart is a disaster. Ernie Banks isn't even on the Cubs!!

Markus and company really should make THIS the default All-Time universe. I was going to correct theirs but, you've done it perfectly!!!

A million thank yous!!!!
Beatles Eternally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 06:08 AM   #42
sprague
All Star Starter

Garlon,
I really appreciate your comments...
I am going to look over everything again with this in mind.
Thanks for taking the time to share them with me/us
sprague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:40 AM   #43
Garlon
Hall Of Famer

Thank you Beatles. I told Markus he is welcome to make this part of the game.

Sprague feel free to ask anything about the mod and the player ratings. For defense, keep in mind that in the modern era there are very few errors. Try playing this mod in an earlier season when there were more errors and I expect you will see certain players become more valuable on defense. For example, Joe Tinker has a skill set that better suits earlier baseball as he has a good Avoid K rating and a good Range rating at SS. So playing this file in different eras may require different roster decisions and strategies. In seasons with fewer strikeouts there are more outs to be made fielding, so there may be a wider range of fielding results.
Garlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 02:38 PM   #44
HFBL
Minors (Double A)

Dumb question, I'm sure, but I forgot how to add this to my OOTP21. Please help. I downloaded the zip file.

Field of Dreams Baseball League (FDBL)
Hall of Fame Baseball League (HFBL)
Century Baseball League (CBL)

My teams:

My wife's teams:

HFBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 02:46 PM   #45
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

- unzip the file
- take the "Baseball Greats v3.quick" folder and place it in the OOTP "quickstarts" folder (located inside the "data" folder)
- open OOTP and choose "New Quickstart Game"
- select "Baseball Greats"
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2020, 02:59 PM   #46
HFBL
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstrickert View Post
- unzip the file
- take the "Baseball Greats v3.quick" folder and place it in the OOTP "quickstarts" folder (located inside the "data" folder)
- open OOTP and choose "New Quickstart Game"
- select "Baseball Greats"
Thanks!!!

Field of Dreams Baseball League (FDBL)
Hall of Fame Baseball League (HFBL)
Century Baseball League (CBL)

My teams:

My wife's teams:

HFBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 12:43 AM   #47
kgonzalez908
Bat Boy

I am brand new to OOTP and just bought the game for the first time since watching the dream bracket. It looks like this is the definitive roster to use, great work Garmin!

Being brand new to this however, I'm not sure if I am downloading this correctly. I subscribed in Steam and then installed it from the Workshop Central in the game, but when I go to New Quickstart Game the Baseball Greats option does not appear.

Is there anything else I need to before it can be used?
kgonzalez908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 12:58 AM   #48
pstrickert
Hall Of Famer

Did you scroll through the entries in the quickstart menu? Sometimes, it may not be visible at first. Or you can exit OOTP and restart it. Maybe that'll work.
pstrickert is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2020, 01:09 AM   #49
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgonzalez908 View Post
I am brand new to OOTP and just bought the game for the first time since watching the dream bracket. It looks like this is the definitive roster to use, great work Garmin!

Being brand new to this however, I'm not sure if I am downloading this correctly. I subscribed in Steam and then installed it from the Workshop Central in the game, but when I go to New Quickstart Game the Baseball Greats option does not appear.

Is there anything else I need to before it can be used?
I had the same issue, and I never could get it to work. No idea why. I used the link that pstrickert posted earlier in the thread to download the files and it worked fine. Just unzip the files into your quickstart folder.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 04:29 AM   #50
messman
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I can't seem to get the Baseball Greats to show up in the Quick Start menu either. When I go to the actual file, it looks great and just like all the others, but when I go to the game, Nothing....
Any advice would be appreciated as I would love to start playing the file.
messman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 02:25 PM   #51
Jimbo_baggins
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garlon View Post
Thank you Beatles. I told Markus he is welcome to make this part of the game.

Sprague feel free to ask anything about the mod and the player ratings. For defense, keep in mind that in the modern era there are very few errors. Try playing this mod in an earlier season when there were more errors and I expect you will see certain players become more valuable on defense. For example, Joe Tinker has a skill set that better suits earlier baseball as he has a good Avoid K rating and a good Range rating at SS. So playing this file in different eras may require different roster decisions and strategies. In seasons with fewer strikeouts there are more outs to be made fielding, so there may be a wider range of fielding results.
Hey Garlon - thanks so much for this. I am not on Steam but was able to download the drop box link earlier in the thread.

Unfortunately I think this is version 1, without your updates. Would you be able to share v3? I tried to PM you my email but as I’m a new user I don’t think it went through.
Jimbo_baggins is offline   Reply With Quote