Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > Perfect Team 21
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team 21 Perfect Team 21 - The online revolution! Battle tens of thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-07-2020, 07:24 AM   #321
Ormondbeachdan
Minors (Triple A)

https://challenge.ootpdevelopments.c...s/MrDanboy.jpg
Ormondbeachdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 08:05 AM   #322
jeffstified
Minors (Double A)

Finally some RNG love came my way yesterday. First, I took 2nd place in the Early Daily Iron for 5000pp, then finished in top 8 of TWiPT for a pack. Finally, I won 10k give away during the TWiPT stream! Now, what to do with ~24,000PP?!?
jeffstified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:04 AM   #323
stl jason
Hall Of Famer

Rookie league update:

Brigadoon jumps out to a hot start after the first month of play.
Attached Images
stl jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:06 AM   #324
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstified View Post
Finally some RNG love came my way yesterday. First, I took 2nd place in the Early Daily Iron for 5000pp, then finished in top 8 of TWiPT for a pack. Finally, I won 10k give away during the TWiPT stream! Now, what to do with ~24,000PP?!?

Uh, would you like to add to the wager on the season series with Asylum?
Stanley Kuppchaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:13 AM   #325
jeffstified
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stanley Kuppchaser View Post
Uh, would you like to add to the wager on the season series with Asylum?

I think you got me confused with the other Jeff. I'm way down in the Rookies, not up in the rarefied air of the Bronze level!!
jeffstified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:15 AM   #326
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Mundys Announce Free Agent Signing

Pedro Borbon Jr., expected to be a bellwether contributor in the pen, has struggled mightily, to the tune of a 29.00+ ERA. In the hope of him providing a steadying influence, the right-hander below was added. Glad to see he's back in the game this year.
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 04-07-2020, 09:28 AM   #327
bsta93
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I like the wood grained edging on those pictures. Reminds me of the 1987 Topps cards.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:45 AM   #328
Maxfire5
Minors (Double A)

Renamed the Kansas Bombers to the Hidden Valley Bombers. I just realized it may make it tough when two of my teams were both "Kansas" teams and in the same league. I also am using the Kansas Rangers logo you made for me back in PT20 by the way, so thanks for that Stanley!

F2P Pack Only Team

F2P Missouri Theme Team
Maxfire5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 09:47 AM   #329
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffstified View Post
I think you got me confused with the other Jeff. I'm way down in the Rookies, not up in the rarefied air of the Bronze level!!

Indeed I did. I try not let accuracy stand in the way of being a wise guy. Congrats on the good fortune.
Old 04-07-2020, 09:55 AM   #330
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsta93 View Post
I like the wood grained edging on those pictures. Reminds me of the 1987 Topps cards.

Those and the "TV screen" were always my favorites. I'm pretty sure the wood grain was first used before 1987. The '87's would've been my son's cards, not mine. I seem to recall the TV screen was mainly used for special events, like a World Series moment and such. They were long gone by the '70's. I've attached one I made last year.
Attached Images
Old 04-07-2020, 10:40 AM   #331
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Location: Pack Robert Gibson; November 9, 1935 – October 2, 2020
Quote:
Those and the "TV screen" were always my favorites. I'm pretty sure the wood grain was first used before 1987. The '87's would've been my son's cards, not mine. I seem to recall the TV screen was mainly used for special events, like a World Series moment and such. They were long gone by the '70's. I've attached one I made last year.
I have about 40 1955 Bowman cards. A few names like Smokey Burgess, Minne Minoso and Al Dark but no superstars.

mcdog512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 10:43 AM   #332
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Here's ole Smokey.
Attached Images

Old 04-07-2020, 11:02 AM   #333
Charlatan
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfire5 View Post
Renamed the Kansas Bombers to the Hidden Valley Bombers. I just realized it may make it tough when two of my teams were both "Kansas" teams and in the same league. I also am using the Kansas Rangers logo you made for me back in PT20 by the way, so thanks for that Stanley!
Is there a horse farm in the Hidden Valley? Because I love Hidden Valley Ranch (dressing).

I'll show myself out.
Charlatan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2020, 01:01 PM   #334
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdog512 View Post
Here's ole Smokey.

Nice! Forgot about those. Much nicer than Topps did them! By the way, Terra Incognita will definitely be joining Our League for next week, while I still have time to spend on them. Their pack luck has been moribund, and they've stop scoring decently in tourneys. They seem to get bumped just before the money round.

I've added - FOL to the nickname so you'll know them this season. Clayton Kershaw just out-dueled Mike Mussina to continue Asylum's "streak" against OL teams. They're now up to 10-20 against OL.

I think I'm hurting them because I'm training guys for next week. Their good historical pulls have all been DH types. I'm hoping to get Pete Ward up to at least less than cringe status at first. They pulled George Grantham for 1b, but I'm trying to get him up to passable at third. He's actually a 51 at second on his card, so I hope I can get him to there at third. The other DH type is Danny Tartabull Jr, whose limit at any position is probably about 10, but he can rake.

They do have a diamond, seven golds, and 11 silvers of the live variety to sell, so I'm guardedly optimistic. I will also cull their bronze a bit to squeeze whatever I can, and make my screen more pleasing to my eye. I'm gonna keep enough bronze for that to be their tourney team.

The Rustlers were the one team I actually did something right for. When it turned out that their collection (I did one per team) was going to be Chuck Klein, I was patient and it paid off. I think he ended up just a bit north of 4000. Of course, the fact that the team produced way less PP than the other two was a helpful restraint. I had little to waste.
Old 04-07-2020, 03:11 PM   #335
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Shinbone Draws First Blood

By the bucketful! The Stars shone bright at Sanitarium Hills Stadium by subjecting the Keepers to a massacre reminiscent of Sonny Corleone's demise at the toll booth. The offensive stars were many for Shinbone as they won by scores of 13-8, 9-8, and 8-2. The losses represent the numbers three, four, and five in the Keepers current 8-game dive.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:47 PM   #336
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I have about 40 1955 Bowman cards. A few names like Smokey Burgess, Minne Minoso and Al Dark but no superstars.
By the way, when I was doing to OL standings this morning, at least three times I went looking for the Gutter Cats column.
Old 04-07-2020, 06:55 PM   #337
mcdog512
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
By the way, when I was doing to OL standings this morning, at least three times I went looking for the Gutter Cats column.

Oh hell.....I'll have to think about it Stanley!

Old 04-07-2020, 07:46 PM   #338
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh hell.....I'll have to think about it Stanley!

I didn't mean it to pressure you, but of course you'd be heartily welcomed back. Whatever feels right is right in this case. I was commenting on how easily I get distracted. But, did I mention, you'd be welcomed back.
Old 04-07-2020, 07:58 PM   #339
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

Was browsing for images...

My teams haven't been getting packs from tournaments the past couple of days. The Rustlers haven't been earning enough to open much. Don't really want to make anymore incremental changes with Port Ruppert and Asylum, so the AH gets only the quickest of perusals. Saving up for bigger pieces. I should have tweaked my tourney rosters, to see why they're slipping, but I figure it's just law of averages. So...

I browsed the Bowman TV cards for future use. I meant to it earlier, but it slipped my mind and I figured I should do it while it was fresh. Then I thought I'd check come of o-pee-chee's baseball cards. Of course that's gonna get you their hockey cards in large part. A Gordie Howe card caught my my eye, so I copied it.

That's how this card came about. I realized I couldn't check out the Hartford roster since none of my teams is in their league. Then I remembered Jay Bell, who I had at shortstop for a very long time last year. So I clicked back in the thread to make sure and there it was, and here he is.
Attached Images
Old 04-08-2020, 02:45 AM   #340
Stanley Kuppchaser
Hall Of Famer

"Hello, I must be going..."

Was up late playing board games with my two sons and decided to stay up an extra half hour to get this out in a Night Owl Edition. Since both my OL teams are building up cash reserves, I didn't hit "play perfect team" for either of them. I'd just check to see if they needed tourneys and moved on.

The point is that I never entered the room, and so didn't see the elephant in OL ST107 that is the Kansas Rangers team. I suppose, given its location, tornado metaphors might be more apropos. Pick your superlative and they have outdone it. The rest of us OLers are along for the ride and playing for second. However, as the quote from Capt. Spaulding suggests, they'll blow through quickly and we'll be a long time chasing them.

As a special prize, the team that beats them the most times will get a t-shirt like the one pictured here. Hell, anybody that beats them deserves one. I don't think we'll need to order extra. I can't wait to see their final numbers. Wow!
Attached Images
Image Image