Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 5 > FHM 5 - General Discussion

FHM 5 - General Discussion Talk about the 2018 version of FHM.

Old 12-03-2018, 09:34 PM   #1
Rainbow Dash
Bat Boy

Wish List

FHM5 is great. In fact it is even better than FHM4. As you had the option to start on July 1st, more prospects (I.E. No Jordan Greenway on FHM4 in the 2016-17 season), you got to customize your coaching systems, and it’s now easier to add photos of players and/or personal. However, there are some things I would like to see in the future.

1. I would like to have an option to control multiple teams

2. Can you do a better research on the logos including the league? As I had to download logos to match the season. How did I do this? Go to http://www.sportslogos.net/teams/lis...gue/NHL/logos/. Download the logos. And then use a paint program like Paint.net to remove the white stuff. Problem solved. If it’s not large enough, just type the logo on google images and find it.

3. Add every draftee from the teams that they picked. Even if they never played an NHL game in their career. What I mean is that there’s no Daniel Vladar on the Boston Bruins unsigned draftees list for the 2015-16 season. I also don’t feel like having to add them in commissioner mode every single time.

4. Speaking of 2015-16. I would like to see the seasons labeled like that rather than 2015. I know it’s not hard to figure out, but what if a rookie gamer wanted to play the 2015-16 season and clicked on 2016 when he/she got the 2016-17 season instead of the former.

5. I would like to more leagues such as KHL and OHL in historic season modes. And yes I’m aware of the WHA and the earlier leagues of the 1920s.

6. Could you at least have the option to disable auto save when I exit the game? I know you can disable it, but that’s only in the game itself and I always have to use the task manager every time just to exit the game without having it to save.

7. When you get to the game preview, Could you include the head to head match up scores for the postseason on the left box along with the preseason and regular season? (Update: It looks like my 7th wish is granted)

8. Keep the custom coaching systems, but I would also like to see coaching systems like the Brooks system and the Neilson system in FHM4 to return as well. Just in case you didn’t feel like customizing your tactics.

9. Could you include the 2012-13 NHL 48 game schedule.

10. I wish you could have the ability to edit league structures and playoff formats in the historic league mode. When I edit the playoff format, I would like to have a 2-3-2 format option in a best of 7 series. Also, could you include a playoff format where the seedings are based on conference standings regardless of what division they are in.

11. I would like to have the ability to retire and/or unretire team numbers?

12. I wish there was an option to erase team history and records. Like when the original Cleveland Browns of the NFL were rebranded as the Baltimore Ravens in 1996 but they were considered an expansion team.

13. I would like to have the ability to have the option to turn off the offside rule as well as change the icing rules just like in EA NHL games.

14. Change the player’s favorite team and disliked teams.

Other than that, everything else is swell.

Last edited by Rainbow Dash; 12-05-2018 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Added a couple of more things.
Rainbow Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 05:57 AM   #2
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

Most of the stuff is for historic game which I don't care about, haha, but I'm all for the 7th point to get squeezed in somehow.
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 01:16 PM   #3
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

1. A "Needs" list that includes what a team is looking for in regards to trades.
2. The ability to offer players tryouts during training camp.
3. Better in game sounds, include the sounds of players skating, ect. better crowd and goal horn.
4. Average Game Ratings for all games played, not just for each single game.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:15 PM   #4
Orioles1966
Hall Of Famer

Pre season games shouldn't be included in the head to head match-ups either that or state that's its pre season.
Orioles1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 03:17 PM   #5
Gagnonp23
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
1. A "Needs" list that includes what a team is looking for in regards to trades.
2. The ability to offer players tryouts during training camp.
3. Better in game sounds, include the sounds of players skating, ect. better crowd and goal horn.
4. Average Game Ratings for all games played, not just for each single game.
also the CPU should make those invitations + Promote players from farm team. Don't really like the fact to play AHL guys vs NHL guys, my player's rating will obviously be bad

Wouls also add for training camp, There could be a rookie camp and teams scrimmage

Last edited by Gagnonp23; 12-04-2018 at 03:18 PM.
Gagnonp23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 04:42 PM   #6
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

One other feature I'd like to see is to be able to set/save player numbers for both NHL/AHL. At the very least have it so the assistant sets the number automatically.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:36 AM   #7
Gerry58
Minors (Triple A)

Fix the bugs before introducing new features
Gerry58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:05 AM   #8
Sebastian Palkowski
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Dash View Post
7. When you get to the game preview, Could you include the head to head match up scores for the postseason on the left box along with the preseason and regular season?
Is it Christmas already?
Attached Images
Image Image 
Old 12-05-2018, 07:34 PM   #9
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

One more feature that came to mind that I would like to see in the future is Scout and Head Coach suggestions during the draft.