Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Database Tools

OOTP Mods - Database Tools Do you need to take a dump? SQL gurus welcome

Old 05-15-2012, 01:47 PM   #21
mikev
Hall Of Famer

So is the workaround to set the OOTPOU draft to 20 rounds (or whatever in-game is set to) and have it AutoDraft for the last X number of rounds that aren't actually done, then import that into OOTP?
Old 05-15-2012, 02:48 PM   #22
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikev View Post
So is the workaround to set the OOTPOU draft to 20 rounds (or whatever in-game is set to) and have it AutoDraft for the last X number of rounds that aren't actually done, then import that into OOTP?
That was one solution. However, that means people can't use the in-game draft lists (they can use the OU draft lists, of course). In-game is more flexible, so you lose that functionality. If I went this route, I would have just had a "auto rest of draft" button, so you would still set it up for 3 rounds, but the auto would run the last 17. I don't think you'd want to click "auto" for each owner, etc.

Remember I didn't actually implement this, so OU doesn't generate a csv for importing, even if you did auto all 20 rounds. It requires a special format.

Anyway, I could have done this, but I didn't because I thought Markus was going to fix it right up until release. So it didn't get in.

On a different note, can you guys generate your draft history? Curious how it turns out for some of the other leagues...

Last edited by Getch; 05-15-2012 at 02:51 PM.
Getch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #23
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Oh don't worry, no blame is being placed on you. Online Leagues are used to being the bastard stepchild of OOTP -- where massive potentially game breaking issues are ignored, but hey we have a new skin, and sounds, and more play by play text!

Right now we're into the 4th round of the GUBA draft. It's set for 7 rounds, but I believe we have 20 in OOTP -- so we can reconfigure to 20 in the OOTPOU and autodraft after Rd7, and then import that and all will be well?

I'll try to generate draft history after the draft is done.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:34 PM   #24
knudlen
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Helpful timely responses on the ootp boards? I don't have the words.... they should have sent a poet.
knudlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:46 PM   #25
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Oh don't worry, no blame is being placed on you. Online Leagues are used to being the bastard stepchild of OOTP -- where massive potentially game breaking issues are ignored, but hey we have a new skin, and sounds, and more play by play text!

Right now we're into the 4th round of the GUBA draft. It's set for 7 rounds, but I believe we have 20 in OOTP -- so we can reconfigure to 20 in the OOTPOU and autodraft after Rd7, and then import that and all will be well?
Unfortunately, it isn't quite so easy... This is what you would need to do:

- After completion of the draft of 7 rounds, manually edit the OOTPOU/draft/<year>/<league>/picks.txt file and add in the 13 rounds... I don't think you want to add them in by hand in the UI. Should be obvious how to do this and pretty simple by looking at the file
- Set all the teams to auto-pick (manually editing the preferences.txt file is fastest here)
- Auto the next pick, and the rest of the draft should auto
- Once this is done, you need to convert the picks.txt file into the format of the draft.csv file. This will be a little bit of a pain.

BTW, this is all assuming that import even works in OOTP... I never really tested it in beta once I saw how it was implemented.

There's a chance I could look into throwing something together for this this weekend. Hold off on doing anything, maybe I can muster up some time to do this in OU.

Quote:
I'll try to generate draft history after the draft is done.
History gets generated for all years prior to the current one. No need to wait. This year's draft will be loaded into the history when you run Generate History the following year.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:10 PM   #26
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Sounds good.

You are a true asset to online leagues.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #27
mad0die
All Star Reserve

Thank you very much, Getch. We love your utility and appreciate your efforts!
Old 05-24-2012, 11:18 PM   #28
Isryion
Major Leagues

Hi all,

I'm a new user to this and am trying to set it up for a league I'll be starting. I think I've got things mostly taken care of, but I need some help with the .csv files (how to create them, which ones I need to move, etc...). If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great as they're not in the readme as of yet.

EDIT: For informational purposes, I did create .csv files for the league and I moved them into the csv folder in my bin. However, in the setup, I still get the message that the directory exists but does not contain leagues .csv.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by Isryion; 05-24-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Isryion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 10:16 AM   #29
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isryion View Post
Hi all,

I'm a new user to this and am trying to set it up for a league I'll be starting. I think I've got things mostly taken care of, but I need some help with the .csv files (how to create them, which ones I need to move, etc...). If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great as they're not in the readme as of yet.

EDIT: For informational purposes, I did create .csv files for the league and I moved them into the csv folder in my bin. However, in the setup, I still get the message that the directory exists but does not contain leagues .csv.

Thanks in advance for any help.
PM me your site, and I can take a look.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:49 PM   #30
Isryion
Major Leagues

Much thanks to Getch for getting me squared away. My next question, after reading the comments on the draft tool is are these tools easily usable in an inaugural draft with a budget? Is there anything I should be aware of going in, or should I use a different format like a forum?

I ask because I've done drafts in this toolset before but never an inaugural draft. Thanks for any input.
Isryion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:17 AM   #31
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Hey Getch, seeing this error when trying to enable All Star voting:

Quote:
Error Occurred!
Could not open asField1.html at OOTPOU/ASAdmin.pm line 568.
Any suggestions?
Old 05-30-2012, 06:14 PM   #32
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Hey Getch, seeing this error when trying to enable All Star voting:
Manually make the OOTPOU/allstar directory. Looks like I forgot to make that directory in the code. Before I had shipped that directory as part of OOTPOU, must have gotten lost in the upgrade to 13.

Quote:
...after reading the comments on the draft tool is are these tools easily usable in an inaugural draft with a budget? Is there anything I should be aware of going in, or should I use a different format like a forum?
An inaugural draft not currently supported, although it probably wouldn't take much to extend it to one (it supported it way back in OOTP 9 days or so). Maybe in a later patch?

Also, in general, real life got a bit overwhelming of late, so that's why I never got to the draft import and a few other things. It'll should settle down soon.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:08 PM   #33
mikev
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getch View Post
Manually make the OOTPOU/allstar directory. Looks like I forgot to make that directory in the code. Before I had shipped that directory as part of OOTPOU, must have gotten lost in the upgrade to 13.
Fixed! Thanks again
Old 06-09-2012, 11:17 AM   #34
dangarion
All Star Reserve

I wanted to make a feature request. Can we get sortable columns in the awards voting area?
dangarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 03:22 AM   #35
dangarion
All Star Reserve

FYI there seems to be some type of bug in the metrics that determine rookie eligibility. I have a guy that clearly shows as rookie eligible in game that was not placed on the ROY ballot even though he had a 40.9 VORP played in 148 games with 600 plate appearances and probably should be the ROY winner.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #36
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
I wanted to make a feature request. Can we get sortable columns in the awards voting area?
I'll put it on the list, but I got bigger fish to fry first. Unfortunately, it's not as simple as it sounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
FYI there seems to be some type of bug in the metrics that determine rookie eligibility. I have a guy that clearly shows as rookie eligible in game that was not placed on the ROY ballot even though he had a 40.9 VORP played in 148 games with 600 plate appearances and probably should be the ROY winner.
Can you link him? OOTP in fact determines rookie eligibility incorrectly. I believe it only uses service time, and the player must have under 45 days of service time to be considered a rookie. Note that the 45 days includes time as a September callup (which it shouldn't). In general, OOTP usually causes people to lose the rookie eligibility too quickly, not the other way around.

There could be a bug in my code somewhere too, I use stats (less than 130 AB's and 50 IP's I think.... I forget the #'s exactly), and ignore service time, due to the fact that OOTP does not track non-September service time. I rather be too inclusive than too restrictive when it comes to rookie eligibility.
Old 06-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #37
dangarion
All Star Reserve

Thanks! I know that stat sorting isn't simple usually it's done with java or ajax in other applications I've used, but personally have never implemented it in things I've made because of the lack of ease to doing it.

As for the player not on the list it's actually Mike Trout.

Player Report for #27 Mike Trout

In game he's showing on the rookie stats (even in real life right now he is rookie eligible).

Quote:
I'll put it on the list, but I got bigger fish to fry first. Unfortunately, it's not as simple as it sounds.

Can you link him? OOTP in fact determines rookie eligibility incorrectly. I believe it only uses service time, and the player must have under 45 days of service time to be considered a rookie. Note that the 45 days includes time as a September callup (which it shouldn't). In general, OOTP usually causes people to lose the rookie eligibility too quickly, not the other way around.

There could be a bug in my code somewhere too, I use stats (less than 130 AB's and 50 IP's I think.... I forget the #'s exactly), and ignore service time, due to the fact that OOTP does not track non-September service time. I rather be too inclusive than too restrictive when it comes to rookie eligibility.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:38 PM   #38
Getch
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by dangarion View Post
In game he's showing on the rookie stats (even in real life right now he is rookie eligible).
Looks like there is a bug. I have the max AB's at 100, but it should be 130. That caused him to fall of the ballot.

Change the line in AWAdmin:

if ($self->{stats}->{$id}->{TAB} < 100) {

to

if ($self->{stats}->{$id}->{TAB} < 130) {

To fix. I'll have it fixed in the next update. Thanks for finding this.
Old 06-12-2012, 04:38 PM   #39
dangarion
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Looks like there is a bug. I have the max AB's at 100, but it should be 130. That caused him to fall of the ballot.

Change the line in AWAdmin:

if ($self->{stats}->{$id}->{TAB} < 100) {

to

if ($self->{stats}->{$id}->{TAB} < 130) {

To fix. I'll have it fixed in the next update. Thanks for finding this.
Perfect. Thanks!
Old 06-12-2012, 05:01 PM   #40
dangarion
All Star Reserve

Is there a way to specifically reset one persons' votes in Award voting?