Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts

Old 04-13-2012, 07:37 PM   #41
Athletics17
All Star Starter

I have used the Kalama quickstart a few times. I played a modern League with the KPL and a historic league with the KIA. I have made a bunch of uniforms for the teams within the quickstart and some other unis for teams due to expansion/relocation/color changes.

You can check them out in my photobucket
Kalama Premier League by Blueturf pictures by athletics17 - Photobucket

Hope it helps with the immersion into the league.

Athletics17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #42
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athletics17 View Post
I have used the Kalama quickstart a few times. I played a modern League with the KPL and a historic league with the KIA. I have made a bunch of uniforms for the teams within the quickstart and some other unis for teams due to expansion/relocation/color changes.

You can check them out in my photobucket
Kalama Premier League by Blueturf pictures by athletics17 - Photobucket

Hope it helps with the immersion into the league.
These are great. I especially like the new Bombers logo. I have had that hockey logo saved for a long time hoping to change it to a baseball logo - you have now saved me the time.

Hanley is another team that I had hoped to change the logo for - I like some of the wordmarks you have come up with.

This winter I have been working on updating some logos. I have changes ready for Boulder Crest, Muscovy and a minor change for Hinsdale. I have also redone many of the jerseys - I will have to look deeper into what you have created and look to add some of those to the update.

I tried to get a QS for OOTP13 created but ran into some problems and had to leave on a business trip before I could get it completed. I may include some of your work in the updated version.
blueturf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 02:23 PM   #43
Athletics17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueturf View Post
These are great. I especially like the new Bombers logo. I have had that hockey logo saved for a long time hoping to change it to a baseball logo - you have now saved me the time.

Hanley is another team that I had hoped to change the logo for - I like some of the wordmarks you have come up with.

This winter I have been working on updating some logos. I have changes ready for Boulder Crest, Muscovy and a minor change for Hinsdale. I have also redone many of the jerseys - I will have to look deeper into what you have created and look to add some of those to the update.

I tried to get a QS for OOTP13 created but ran into some problems and had to leave on a business trip before I could get it completed. I may include some of your work in the updated version.
I am glad that you liked them and hop they can help with the quickstart. I left the jersery/cap logos in there so others can make uniforms easier. I tend to use the cap logos so I can tweak the hats in game for little changes. Use whatever you want blueturf.

Old 04-16-2012, 03:06 PM   #44
Athletics17
All Star Starter

Here is the link to my compilation of uniforms....

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-uniforms.html

Most importantly....The Kalama Premier League.zip

Old 06-04-2012, 12:26 AM   #45
blueturf
All Star Reserve

version for OOTP13

I have created a new quickstart from scratch for OOTP13. There are only minor structural changes from the prior version and some of the jerseys and logos have been updated.

The league was created, simmed for 20 years and then had all history deleted. This should get rid of any talent anomalies in the initially created players. I played with some of the different aging/development modifiers based on some recent threads on the board, but I truly haven't been able to test the league to make sure it has results I like. Financials do seem to be in good order however.

I have made the file available on my box.com account and will submit it to OOTPMODS.com for hosting as well.

Please let me know of any problems you encounter or of any suggestions you have to make the league better.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:48 AM   #46
reds1869
Minors (Triple A)

Thanks for posting this! The only problem I've encountered so far is a lack of ballparks when I play out my games; the screen is blue behind the players (I'm playing as Yampo). I downloaded the Yampo ballpark from your photobucket and converted it to the proper file type but to no avail. Any suggestions?
reds1869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:59 AM   #47
reds1869
Minors (Triple A)

I was able to get the ballparks working by copying my ballparks from my OOTP12 Kalama save. Works like a charm now.
reds1869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 10:48 AM   #48
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
I was able to get the ballparks working by copying my ballparks from my OOTP12 Kalama save. Works like a charm now.
Unfortunately, I have not found a way to inlcude the ballpark images as part of the quickstart. Earlier in this thread I posted a link to a download for the fictional parks I have created. Here is that info once again for those having trouble getting ballparks added.

Quote:
One thing that does not come preloaded with a quickstart are the ballparks. Any custom ballparks associated with the quickstart would need to be added to the OOTP ballparks folder. I have made a file available on box.com that includes all of my custom parks from this thread with the same naming convention used in the league. Place these parks in your ballpark folder and they will automatically show up in this league.

This quickstart is also set up to use Bobble's Facial Hair Mod V2.0. This mod adds more variety and flavor to the facial hair of the players in the league. I highly recommend use of his mod.
Old 06-12-2012, 10:56 PM   #49
mattg591971
Minors (Single A)

Love this quickstart. Only thing I've noticed is that Arbor Island and Easton both have the same abbreviation of AI.

A couple of questions...how is the KIA supposed to interact with the KPL? I have a concern because in one of my tests trying to figure out how I want pitching to work as far as stamina and closer usage, I noticed that Nick Oubre, in his prime, jumped down to the KIA. A few other players, again in or approaching their primes, switched leagues too and were receiving salaries similar to top salaries in the KPL. From the description of the leagues, the KIA should be catering to fringe types and younger players, correct? To try and simulate this I put an age cap on the league of 30, and am testing to see what happens. Any idea how to get the KIA to operate as I want it too?

Secondly, is there a reason for the 12 player draft in the KPL? Is this due to low quality young free agents being created for the KIA?
mattg591971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:05 AM   #50
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattg591971 View Post
Love this quickstart. Only thing I've noticed is that Arbor Island and Easton both have the same abbreviation of AI.

A couple of questions...how is the KIA supposed to interact with the KPL? I have a concern because in one of my tests trying to figure out how I want pitching to work as far as stamina and closer usage, I noticed that Nick Oubre, in his prime, jumped down to the KIA. A few other players, again in or approaching their primes, switched leagues too and were receiving salaries similar to top salaries in the KPL. From the description of the leagues, the KIA should be catering to fringe types and younger players, correct? To try and simulate this I put an age cap on the league of 30, and am testing to see what happens. Any idea how to get the KIA to operate as I want it too?

Secondly, is there a reason for the 12 player draft in the KPL? Is this due to low quality young free agents being created for the KIA?
The KIA is meant to be a league where fringe players land or aging stars finish out their careers. For the most part this takes place, but OOTP doesn't handle this perfectly and sometime a KIA team overspends and pays KPL type money for a player. The setup has it so the Star level salary for a KIA player is the same as an Average level for the KPL. OOTP strays from those settings too often, especially on the high end. I have tried to find a balance of limiting the KIA teams' revenue but still giving them resources so the occasional success story bounces back from the independent league.
The top handful of players in the KIA often make Top 10 type KPL money. I look at it as a situation similar to the MLS where they sign declining but big name players in order to generate buzz. I have found that most of the guys signing for big money in the KIA are players that had decent success in the KPL but can't break beyond a platoon role and get full playing time in the lower league. This is an example of the type of player that I feel the KIA is made for.

Since I like the facet of aging players trying to extend their career in a lower level, I wouldn't look to set age maximums in the KIA. You may try to further limit the financial resources of KIA teams through lower ticket prices, or consider setting a salary cap. I have found, even with a cap, teams will still sign the big contracts and pay league minimum to the bulk of the team.
Right now in my test league there are over 90 KPL players with a salary of over $500k and only 6 KIA players with a salary in that range. I have just learned to live with the outliers and weave those situations into the storyline of the league.

The 12 round draft is set in order to create enough new players to replace retirees/injured players from both the KPL and the KIA. I have played with the number some, but 12 seems to be the best mix of keeping enough talented players available. It does create a lot of movement on the KPL reserve rosters, which I think is a good thing.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:48 PM   #51
mattg591971
Minors (Single A)

Sounds good. I started up a game (chose Ladera) and left everything as it was the way you set up the league. I don't like the idea of hamstringing the KIA teams with a salary cap when their budgets aren't that big to begin with.

Something else I'd like to get your opinion on...expansion. If you were going to expand the KPL to 20 teams down the road, which cities would you use? Pardee, Bankside and Horshoe Bend all look like good contenders. Maybe even move some of the larger KIA city teams up and just add new cities to the KIA.
Old 06-15-2012, 11:32 PM   #52
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Something else I'd like to get your opinion on...expansion. If you were going to expand the KPL to 20 teams down the road, which cities would you use? Pardee, Bankside and Horshoe Bend all look like good contenders. Maybe even move some of the larger KIA city teams up and just add new cities to the KIA.
It would probably make the most sense to have a team from the KIA to move up. If go to a player listing (like free agents) and click the Kalaman flag it should give you details of the entire country including the population of the different cities. You can also use the Google Earth feature in OOTP to see all of the cities on a map if you care to see where they are located geographically.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:36 AM   #53
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Sounds good. I started up a game (chose Ladera) and left everything as it was the way you set up the league. I don't like the idea of hamstringing the KIA teams with a salary cap when their budgets aren't that big to begin with.

I finally got back into town and had a chance to look at the city details again. The expansion cities you list are the next largest in population. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a way to list all of the cities on Google Earth, but you can list all cities where a team resides. None of those cities you mention has a high school team so they don't show up on the Google Earth map. Pardee is up in the NW corner near Yampo and Ballston so it might not make sense to have another team in that remote area. Bankside is located in the north central area of the map. They are on the south bank of the river where up where it runs horizontal almost due south of Pine Flats. Horseshoe Bend is probably the best candidate as it sits on the north side of the river in that same area, in the valley just east of where the mountains start.

I have also played around a little bit with the financials to see if I could prevent big contracts from taking place in the KIA. I tried lowering the overall stages of contracts in the independent league, but teams still paid high dollar for the stars and newly set lower amounts for role players. This resulted in KIA teams having even more money.
There is an option for a player salary cap in league setup - I have never tried this, but it looks like you can control the max contract salary for one player through this option.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:49 PM   #54
mattg591971
Minors (Single A)

I just decided to let the financials stay the way they are and just ignore the outliers for now. I thought about a salary cap for the KIA, but couldn't figure out a decent number.

Thanks for your take on expansion for this league. Played 3 seasons so far mainly simming day-to-day, acting as a GM and loving it. Going to see where the financials are for teams at the 10 yr. mark, and if they look decent, introduce a couple of expansion teams then.
Old 07-16-2012, 12:35 AM   #55
blueturf
All Star Reserve

I made a few minor updates to the quickstart and it is available at the original link. The changes I made were mainly cosmetic, so if you already downloaded the first version for OOTP13, this version does not change settings or game play.

* Corrected some incorrect team abbreviations and made some logo corrections for high school teams

* Deleted retired players that had accumulated from the 20 year build up. Also deleted any old logs, news or reports.

* Updated the jerseys of the KPL teams to incorporate the viewable sleeves on the profile screen. These are also available at my photobucket here.

Ballparks can be included with a quickstart file, so my ballparks from this thread are in this league available for download here.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:40 PM   #56
craftdr
Minors (Triple A)

Hey Blueturf,

First off, I want to thank you for the time you put into this great quickstart. I just downloaded it yesterday and started playing. I released the players and did an inagural draft with the Ladera Valiants and am loving it. I drafted based on city size so I think the market sizes stayed close to the same.

My question was if you had created a different map than you have on the forums. I noticed you have a pile of towns in the game and didn't know if there was another map. I love the one you have created and keep it up in the background to get a feel for where things are. I've also decided that Hinsdale & Ladera are going to be bitter rivals due to thier proximity to each other and Hinsdale being so large of a city.

Anyway, thanks again for making this available and the map I have is excellent but I didn't want to be missing out on something if it was already created...
craftdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:02 PM   #57
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by craftdr View Post
My question was if you had created a different map than you have on the forums. I noticed you have a pile of towns in the game and didn't know if there was another map. I love the one you have created and keep it up in the background to get a feel for where things are. I've also decided that Hinsdale & Ladera are going to be bitter rivals due to thier proximity to each other and Hinsdale being so large of a city.

Anyway, thanks again for making this available and the map I have is excellent but I didn't want to be missing out on something if it was already created...
The only map there is at this point is the mashup of SimCity screenshots that is on the forum here. I have long wanted to do a more detailed map using Greenfish Relief or some other type of road map but haven't had time to do so.

This universe has existed in some form since OOTP3 and it was originally a country located in the Pacific Ocean between Hawaii and Japan. That is why many of the team nicknames have some type of airbase related theme and the name file originally included a heavier influence of Japanese names.

It eventually became easier to suspend belief that Kalama was a completely different country, removed from our Earth. (This allows me to create a narrative in my head where the primary mode of travel is by train, but still have a world where e-mail or other modern comforts are also prevelant. I still haven't found a logical explanation why the majority of players on a high school team come from varying hometowns.) The extra cities were added to create players from many different hometowns and I like it when I find a superstar that comes from a town with a population of just over 1000. Currently, I have been playing the game as an observer only - I approach the universe as a beat writer from Dagger Falls. I focus on the local high school team, follow our "local" KPL team at Ladera in depth and keep an eye on the rest of the KPL. I also shortlist any former Dagger Falls high school players and follow their professional careers which keeps me up to date on the KIA and the KPL.

When the game added Lat and Long to the world file, I chose to use coordinates in the middle of the Pacific once again, hoping that the feature where some players sign free agent contracts to play close to home would be utilized. Now you can use Google Earth and with the Lat/Long coordinates get an idea of where the cities are located in relation to other cities. Here is an image of the 56 high schools. (Unfortunately, some of the larger towns do not have high schools)

You can use this image along with the original map to get an idea where some of the towns are located. You could get even more detail by using Google Earth to list all players in a specific league, but that gets a little busy.

Last edited by blueturf; 07-17-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:47 PM   #58
darkcloud4579
Hall Of Famer

Nice work.
darkcloud4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #59
Doc_Brown
All Star Starter

Great work! Loving this, just one question I seem to be missing the flag of Kalaman, how/where do I get it from?
Doc_Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 01:22 AM   #60
blueturf
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Brown View Post
Great work! Loving this, just one question I seem to be missing the flag of Kalaman, how/where do I get it from?
That is strange...Not sure why it wouldn't show up. Here is the small flag and the larger one. (Although I am yet to find where the large one is used in the game.)

I have seen where the KIA league logo occasionally does not show up in the quickstart. This link has many of the logos for the world, in case anything else is missing.