Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-31-2020, 09:33 AM   #1
Fronzizzle
Minors (Double A)

Three multi-position questions

Hello all,

I didn't want to split this into three separate posts, I have a few questions regarding players that play multi-positions or are two-way players:

1) I've seen posts on how to force a player to be two-way (pitching and batting), but is there a way to STOP a player from being two-way? In my organization, I have like three players that show up in my position player area that have batted one time, zero times or two times. They are pretty awful hitters that I want to develop only as pitchers, but I'm not sure how to do that. Even if they don't bat, they often show up in the Lineup area and it gets confusing. I've tried setting their position as RP or SP, but they still show up.

2) In the Lineups screen, there is a dropdown where you can select what position you want to view on your team. I use this extensively during the offseason when I look at each of my minor league teams to determine who gets promoted, demoted, released, etc. It's especially helpful after the draft when my lowest minor league team has 70+ players. However, it gets sort of useless because it ends up listing a bunch of players that aren't really at that position. For example, if I select 1B, I get 12 players that populate the list but only 4 are really 1B; the rest are catchers or 3B that have a 25 or 30 rating at the position. Without getting into the filter and changing it everytime I change position, is there a way to have just players with the primary position of 1B show up?

3) This is more of a curiosity than anything, but is there any sort of reason behind the players listed position often NOT being his best position? When I'm going through my team - especially really young and recently drafted players - I find that a majority of them are listed at their 2nd or even 3rd best position. I filter by SS for instance, and the first guy that comes up is rated 50 at 2B, 40 at SS and 45 at 3B. Does this mean anything? If I leave him at SS, is he likely to improve so that it becomes his best position, or would it be better to move him to 2B where he's already better?
Fronzizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 10:05 AM   #2
mgom27
Hall Of Famer

Can Personal also be a Player?
Old 03-31-2020, 10:28 AM   #3
ALB123
All Star Reserve

1) Right-Click on the player's name that is a two-way player that you want to stop being a two-way player. Select Game Strategy. On the right-hand side of the screen is a checkbox allowing that player to be two-way or not.

2) I know what you mean, when you select the drop-down POSITION: and choose LF, for instance, it will show you all the players have any LF playing experience. The left-most column POS is the position considered to be a player's main position. Sure, you can drag a 2nd baseman into SS for your lineup whether he has experience there or not. Those are decisions we all have to make. However, let's say you see a player set to a LF, but his strongest position according to his ratings is 1B. If you right-click the player and select Set Position, you can select 1B and from now on that would be considered his main/preferred position. Again, when you're on the Lineups page and looking at your player list up above, look at that first column POS. That will be considered who your first basemen, Left fielder or Catchers really are. If you select the Position: drop-down menu and select a position it is going to show you every player that has some skill at 1B, lF or C... Am I explaining that okay? I hope I understood your question and answered it to your satisfaction.