Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 03-06-2020, 08:13 PM   #501
Mtthwapple
Bat Boy

On the topic of trade reactions

It would be nice if they were close to a deal they would say something different than “NO WAY!”. It’s hard to tell if I’m giving away too much on the next offer to get the deal done
Mtthwapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 09:09 PM   #502
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtthwapple View Post
It would be nice if they were close to a deal they would say something different than “NO WAY!”. It’s hard to tell if I’m giving away too much on the next offer to get the deal done
Read what the actual text says rather than the headline to have a better idea, as well as what your teams scout say.

If it's a Balanced Offer, there's a chance it could get approved. If it's "they'll probably accept this offer," it's really close. The difference is what you give up. Typically in most NHL deals, it's probably going to involve a Draft Pick, and if you're not getting accepted, you likely need to either (a) Add one (usually mid-late round), or (b) Move it to a higher pick. Teams like higher picks more than multiple picks too.
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 11:48 PM   #503
Mtthwapple
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
Read what the actual text says rather than the headline to have a better idea, as well as what your teams scout say.

If it's a Balanced Offer, there's a chance it could get approved. If it's "they'll probably accept this offer," it's really close. The difference is what you give up. Typically in most NHL deals, it's probably going to involve a Draft Pick, and if you're not getting accepted, you likely need to either (a) Add one (usually mid-late round), or (b) Move it to a higher pick. Teams like higher picks more than multiple picks too.
Gotcha! Shoulda caught that. I just assumed it was my scouts speaking nonsense. You also might be able to answer me this. More so advice. When doing import CHL draft more often than not the guys don’t want to play. I try drafting guys who don’t have contracts and still won’t sign with me
Old 03-07-2020, 01:17 AM   #504
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Gotcha! Shoulda caught that. I just assumed it was my scouts speaking nonsense. You also might be able to answer me this. More so advice. When doing import CHL draft more often than not the guys don’t want to play. I try drafting guys who don’t have contracts and still won’t sign with me
Not every player will want to sign with you. It's just a fact of that draft. You may get unlucky for a few years. Try looking for guys who got drafted by NHL Clubs though, that can help.
Old 03-09-2020, 07:45 AM   #505
Colorado
Major Leagues

Quote:
Adam, you are right in saying that the additional text provides more details but I think there should still be more variety.

I.e. if a trade offer is made, it will result in x amount of possible replies in the inbox giving an outcome to the trade offer made. Say x = five possible responses, just for example). Each one of those five responses should also have alternating text in how it's presented but essentially giving the same outcome. It would help prevent news items being repetitive. Does that make sense? I'd really like to see some of these news items given additional lines to keep it fresh, including much more stuff from 'hockey insiders' speculating or reporting.

The game desperately needs more context and clarity around team wants and needs too. I hope that is something we see in FHM 7.
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 01:29 PM   #506
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

never heard of it what is the QMJHL American draft OHL or WHL does not have it not sure what it is?
Sabres2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 03:40 PM   #507
uWoHollywood
Minors (Single A)

How do I change jobs as GM+Coach?

I started a Current Game as unemployed, got hired by the Brandon Wheat Kings. I have won back-to-back Memorial Cups, and am interested in seeing if there are other jobs (e.g. Europe, AHL). But I have no idea how to search for open jobs?

Do I need to be unemployed for jobs to be offered? If so, is there a key time of year where job offers go out, and I simply "miss" the window if I'm currently employed?
uWoHollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2020, 04:00 PM   #508
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabres2000 View Post
never heard of it what is the QMJHL American draft OHL or WHL does not have it not sure what it is?
It's exactly what it sounds like. It's a draft specifically for the Q where every team gets to draft 2 Americans from 6 specific states. Here's the draft from last year: https://theqmjhl.ca/draft/2019QMJHL_US

Quote:
Originally Posted by uWoHollywood View Post
How do I change jobs as GM+Coach?

I started a Current Game as unemployed, got hired by the Brandon Wheat Kings. I have won back-to-back Memorial Cups, and am interested in seeing if there are other jobs (e.g. Europe, AHL). But I have no idea how to search for open jobs?

Do I need to be unemployed for jobs to be offered? If so, is there a key time of year where job offers go out, and I simply "miss" the window if I'm currently employed?
You'll get offers in your inbox from time to time. There's no way to "search" as openings don't come up that much. Sometimes you will get several offers on a day, but others may be a random one on an odd day in November.

Just keep working to improve your skills and they will come.
Old 03-11-2020, 11:58 PM   #509
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

I know besides July 1st is bringing back the 3 divisions per conference hard to re-create since I want to have some expansion teams in NHL? besides the expansion teams do i have the change the amount of teams that make the playoffs or would it be the same if it was 2 divisions?
Old 03-12-2020, 02:44 AM   #510
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
I know besides July 1st is bringing back the 3 divisions per conference hard to re-create since I want to have some expansion teams in NHL? besides the expansion teams do i have the change the amount of teams that make the playoffs or would it be the same if it was 2 divisions?
You'll need to change the playoff system, since the current one will ignore a division if you leave it in place with 6 divisions, but not necessarily the number of teams - 16 teams/8 per conference or just 16 teams (i.e. the top 16 in the league) should work fine.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 03:00 AM   #511
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
The QMJHL just has separate drafts for American and Canadian players, the other two leagues don't.
Old 03-12-2020, 10:11 AM   #512
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
You'll need to change the playoff system, since the current one will ignore a division if you leave it in place with 6 divisions, but not necessarily the number of teams - 16 teams/8 per conference or just 16 teams (i.e. the top 16 in the league) should work fine.
Was going to do 6/6/5 easy conference and then 6/6/6 west so 18 west 17 east, still plan on having 16 teams 8 per conference make the playoffs

Last edited by Sabres2000; 03-12-2020 at 11:36 AM.
Old 03-12-2020, 02:28 PM   #513
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Adam and Jeff

General CHL question... if there is no scouts under UFA for CHL Import draft would u suggest Rest of World specific scout?
Old 03-13-2020, 01:19 AM   #514
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Adam and Jeff

General CHL question... if there is no scouts under UFA for CHL Import draft would u suggest Rest of World specific scout?
You may find some borderline-useful players with that, but for the import draft you're probably better off targeting him at one of the European regions.
Old 03-17-2020, 05:21 PM   #515
Mtthwapple
Bat Boy

So I’m GM if a team in the German League and also the Finland U20 team. But when I hired a head coach for my German team I lost the ability to set AI lines on my U20 team. It’s minor but I usually set airlines and edit from there. Maybe I’m missing something but it seemed like hiring the coach made that happen.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:42 PM   #516
Sabres2000
All Star Reserve

Had two quick questions

a) when it comes to expansions dating back to 2006 WHL Expansion draft, the teams have the option to protect 15 players (born 86-89) without any OAs or 16 players (87-89 includes 3 OAs) 90 and 91 born exempt I was wondering if for FHM6 they had these kind of rules...

b) if say for example Player A was drafted in the Bantam draft or NHL or what not can you go into the editor and change the team that they were drafted by not the rights?
Old 03-19-2020, 06:35 AM   #517
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
So I’m GM if a team in the German League and also the Finland U20 team. But when I hired a head coach for my German team I lost the ability to set AI lines on my U20 team. It’s minor but I usually set airlines and edit from there. Maybe I’m missing something but it seemed like hiring the coach made that happen.
It's the GM-only status, as soon as you hired the head coach it put you into that mode, which prevents you from setting the lines yourself. I'll see if we can change that so it doesn't also affect the international team, but I suspect it may not be possible to separate them.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:41 AM   #518
JeffR
FHM Producer

Quote:
Had two quick questions

a) when it comes to expansions dating back to 2006 WHL Expansion draft, the teams have the option to protect 15 players (born 86-89) without any OAs or 16 players (87-89 includes 3 OAs) 90 and 91 born exempt I was wondering if for FHM6 they had these kind of rules...

b) if say for example Player A was drafted in the Bantam draft or NHL or what not can you go into the editor and change the team that they were drafted by not the rights?
a) Not possible to have two separate protection list types like that or have a separate category for overage players, but you could do the second option accurately with a 16-player protected list and an exemption for players 16 and under.

b) No, the draft history isn't editable right now.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:45 AM   #519
Whitebear
Minors (Single A)

Player mood

I have player that won't renew their contract because they're in a bad mood.
I haven't negotiate with them, it's their first offer.
Why are they in a bad mood? What causing it? The team is in 4th place
Whitebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 12:05 PM   #520
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitebear View Post
I have player that won't renew their contract because they're in a bad mood.
I haven't negotiate with them, it's their first offer.
Why are they in a bad mood? What causing it? The team is in 4th place
If you hover over their unhappy face or even click on the player profile, it's pretty clear. Could be a variety of things.