Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 06-08-2019, 03:58 AM   #1
VintageBaseballLover
Bat Boy

Fictional Expanding?

Hello, I''m interested in beginning a fictional long-play career simulation consisting of the NHL or the NFL. My question is if there is a way to expand the league as it was in real life (Relocations, name changes, additions of new teams) or if I have to do everything manually? Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
VintageBaseballLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 03:52 PM   #2
battists
Hall Of Famer

Not quite understanding the tie in with NFL and NHL. The game is capable of automatically expanding in the way that the MLB did historically. However, in all other expansion scenarios you’ll have to tackle it manually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-23-2019, 09:21 PM   #3
Zedwardson
Minors (Triple A)

Not sure about the NFL and NHL (as this is a baseball game) but in OOTP you can have it set up both auto-expanding, and manually expanding.

As a example, in my current fantasy league, I had two teams auto-expand early on, then went 10 plus years without expansion. So since I am 21 years in I decided to manually add new teams, and the program has nice "wizards" that make it very simple to do.
Zedwardson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 12:56 PM   #4
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

just do the research on years and how many teams were added, etc...

edit league structure during those years to manually expand. the automated stuff won't do what you want to do.

as far as the nhl/nfl, i'm not sure why they are confused. pretty sure other people have done similar things in the forums -- just teams/nicknames/cities.. he isn't going to expect them to play football on a baseball field in a video game. LoL

although, if you are, that's not possible

historical play will expand the MLB as it did in history... since it's not a nfl/nfl game tehy don't have that history in the game, unfortunately, so yes all manual expansion for any sort of thing that isnt' mlb baseball history.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 01:42 PM   #5
Leo_The_Lip
All Star Starter

Easy enough if you use the expansion tool to do so.

Essentially it is located in the league settings. you can only do this in the offseason, so right after the WS is the best time. The wizard will ask you what you want to do with teams. In the example of the NHL, you would place the six existing teams in one league, the expansion teams in the other. The wizard will establish minor league teams for the six new franchises. I would check to make sure the schedules are generated properly the first time. I had the wizard fail to schedule games for the expansion MiLB teams the first time I tried this, but I think that was me.

then hold the expansion draft after deciding how many players will be protected. I'd recommend you play for 10-20 seasons first in order to generate enough players for expansion, the set a maximum number around +/- 20.

Now you're good to go. You'll need to repeat the wizard in offseasons where the teams are added. The wizard allows you to change the overall divisional structure at that time.

The process is reasonably intuitive, however I recommend a dry run that you'll delete when you finally realize what you muffed the first time.