Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations

OOTP 20 - Fictional Simulations Discuss fictional simulations and their results in this forum.

Old 09-25-2019, 07:40 AM   #1
Litty
Minors (Double A)

Post What if we broke baseball?

Name:  Screenshot (31).jpg
Views: 982
Size:  248.9 KB

Meet Mister Perfect. He’s an 18 year old second baseman from Norfolk, Virginia. As you can see, all of his ratings are completely maxed out in all possible fields. He can hit, pitch and field at the highest level the game allows. And now we’re going to make him eligible for the 2019 draft.
Old 09-25-2019, 07:53 AM   #2
Litty
Minors (Double A)

Post 2019 Draft and Season

Name:  Screenshot (33).png
Views: 1081
Size:  39.0 KB

As expected, Mister Perfect went first overall to the Baltimore Orioles. And as I theorized, they immediately called him up to the Majors after he signed on July 27th. One day later, on July 28th, Mister Perfect was the starting pitcher in a game against the Angels. You can see the stat line for that game below.

Name:  Screenshot (34).png
Views: 1008
Size:  107.8 KB

By the end of the regular season, Mister Perfect had done the following:
Name:  Screenshot (37).png
Views: 730
Size:  196.4 KB
Name:  Screenshot (38).png
Views: 747
Size:  157.2 KB
Name:  Screenshot (39).jpg
Views: 735
Size:  51.7 KB

The Orioles finished 78-84, which is amazing given that they were 45-60 when they signed him on July 27th.

Unfortunately, when it came to the awards, he didn’t have enough plate appearances to qualify. But he’d be back… (Congrats to Vlad Jr for RotY though)

Last edited by Litty; 09-25-2019 at 07:55 AM.
Litty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 10:29 AM   #3
Litty
Minors (Double A)

Post 2020- Mister Perfect starts his domination

During his full year in the league, Mister Perfect crushed it.
Name:  Screenshot (44).png
Views: 746
Size:  115.9 KB

Name:  Screenshot (45).png
Views: 738
Size:  117.8 KB

He earned a pitching Triple Crown for his efforts on the mound.

Baltimore finished 89-73, second both the AL East and AL Wild Card standing. They faced the Angels in LA, with Mister Perfect on the mound.

The Orioles won 3-2, Mister Perfect gave up 5 hits and a run in 7 innings of work, earning the win

Next came Cleveland in the ALDS. In the first game, Perfect went 1-3 with 2 walks. Baltimore won in 4, with Perfect going 7-of-11 (.636) with two home runs, as well as allowing four hits in 7 innings of work on the mound. He was named ALDS MVP.

They met Houston in the ALCS. This was Baltimore's first appearance in the ALCS since 2014. The series went the distance by Baltimore prevailed. Perfect went 10-of-15 (.667) with 2 home runs and pitched 14 innings with an ERA of 1.93, as well as earning his first win of the postseason. He was also named series MVP.

The World Series was against the Nationals. While they appeared in their first World Series since 1983, the Orioles as earned its first franchise World Series. Admittedly, Mister Perfect slumped. He went 1-for-9 at the plate, pitching 7 innings with a 1.29 ERA.

Mister Perfect swept the postseason awards:
-AL Rookie of the Year
-AL Cy Young
-AL MVP
-AL Gold Glove at Catcher
-AL Silver Slugger at Catcher
-AL All Star

But he was only just getting started...
Old 09-25-2019, 11:35 AM   #4
Litty
Minors (Double A)

Post 2021: Birds on his back

Once again, Mister Perfect went ham:
Name:  Screenshot (48).png
Views: 728
Size:  138.9 KB

Name:  Screenshot (49).png
Views: 718
Size:  134.8 KB

The Orioles won 101 games, beating the Rays to the AL East by a single game, winning the division on the last day of the season. This marked the first division title for Baltimore since 2014 and their first 100-win season since 1971.

After the Rays beat the Yankees in the Wild Card, the Orioles and Rays would clash in the ALDS. Orioles won in 4, with Perfect going 7-for-13 (.538) with 3 home runs at the plate and going 1-0 with seven innings thrown and no runs allowed on the mound. The biggest moment of the series for him was the pair of dingers he hit in the Orioles' 7-5 game three win. He also secured series MVP.

Once again, they met Houston in the ALCS. However, it would be the Astros that prevailed 4-3. Perfect went 1-1 with a 1.26 ERA and a 4-for-13 with two home runs. It's starting to become crystal clear that Perfect is going to retire at age 25 due to back issues caused by carrying the Orioles year after year.

Once again, Mister Perfect swept awards season:
-AL Cy Young
-AL MVP
-AL Gold Glove at Pitcher
-AL All Star
Old 09-25-2019, 04:25 PM   #5
Litty
Minors (Double A)

Post 2022: Top of the World

Name:  Screenshot (51).png
Views: 708
Size:  174.6 KB

Name:  Screenshot (50).png
Views: 739
Size:  172.6 KB

The Orioles retained their AL East title with a 100-62 record, 14 games clear of the Rays.

They met the White Sox in the ALCS. The Orioles fought their way back fro an 0-2 deficit to win the series in 5. Perfect had a muted performance by his standards, going 4-for-10 and 1-1 with a 1.98 ERA.

The Orioles needed seven to beat the Royals in the ALDS. In another series MVP performance, Perfect went 6-for-14 and 1-0 with a 2.94 ERA. Over 15.2 innings, he struck out 24.

Baltimore completed the reverse sweep in the World Series, coming back from 0-3 to beat the Braves in 7. Perfect earned his first World Series MVP title after going 6-for-14 and 2-0 with a 0.63 ERA.

Mister Perfect once more dominated awards season:
-AL Cy Young
-AL MVP
-AL Gold Glove at Pitcher
-AL All Star
Old 09-26-2019, 04:29 AM   #6
Litty
Minors (Double A)

Post 2023: Perfect tries to forge a dynasty

Name:  Screenshot (52).png
Views: 702
Size:  209.1 KB

Name:  Screenshot (53).png
Views: 695
Size:  215.6 KB

Orioles won 105 games, the third most in franchise history. Only their 1969 (109) and 1970 (108) seasons saw them win more games.

The ALDS saw the Orioles face their rivals in the Rays. While the Orioles swept, Perfect seemed off his game. He went 2-for-6 and on the mound he pitched 7 innings and posted a 3.38 ERA in the Orioles' 5-4 game one win.

They faced Cleveland in the ALCS. Cleveland were in firm control, taking the series in 6. Perfect went 4-for-8 and 0-1 on the mound with 14 innings pitched over two games a 3.23 ERA.

Perfect dominated the awards again, retaining everything he had won in past seasons.

However, here are some things I've noticed:
-Despite his 80 power, Perfect has never led the leagues in home runs. His best season so far was 2021, where he hit 30. He's also yet to have a 3-home run game.
-He's never pitched a perfect game
-For whatever reason, he just seems to pitch better than he hits.

And here's the other thing, and it's something that makes this a little less fun to run. The game doesn't seem to be doing anything to counteract this dude. I think the problem of running a sim like this is that the game just accepts it. Which is fine, but it would be nice if there was like, some pushback against Mister Perfect.

Looking ahead, as of the end of this season, the Orioles have Perfect until at least 2025. I'm hoping he'll opt for free agency at that point because I'm interested to see what he can do on a team where he has mildly comparable teammates.

Quick fun fact: Orioles have $78.2m in salaries for 2023, Mister Perfect's contract is 15.2% of that total. He out-earned the next highest paid player, Anthony Santander, by a full $3m.

As of the end of this season, Mister Perfect holds the following major league records:

-Walks/9 (0.15)
-Hits/9 (5.3)
-WHIP (0.6)
-Opponent's OBP (.169)
Old 10-03-2019, 05:08 PM   #7
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i don't know if you still can... but...

raise power to 255 in editor. all the others will revert to 250, but that'll stick. no idea if it matters or if lopped off, figuratively.
NoOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2019, 05:41 PM   #8
Litty
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
i don't know if you still can... but...

raise power to 255 in editor. all the others will revert to 250, but that'll stick. no idea if it matters or if lopped off, figuratively.
I'll take a look! I know that I saw some of his pitching stats also hit a ceiling when I was inputting them.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:11 AM   #9
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

i'd love to know your ~average slash you see in your league and runs.

ba/obp/slug and ERA.

i've done this before, but i never got those sort of results... i mean the guy never hit .400 in a year. that's purely LTM-caused, but curious if you have a higher offensive league, but still get better pitching from the truely elitely rated pitchers (i.e. not just a lucky season).

i want to confirm what i suspect. I think you have a higher ERA league than what i had when i did this several years ago (and not too out of proportion otherwise). i'm fairly sure if you add offense (upto a break-even point unknown) you also improve the results of the most elite pitchers in addition to the elite batters.

i think it creates greater stratification, and the game is written so that the elite stays elite and somewhat near historical values within reason... i'm sure some extreme settings and such could overcome the tendency, too.

Last edited by NoOne; 10-05-2019 at 11:13 AM.
Old 10-07-2019, 03:59 PM   #10
Litty
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne View Post
i'd love to know your ~average slash you see in your league and runs.

ba/obp/slug and ERA.

i've done this before, but i never got those sort of results... i mean the guy never hit .400 in a year. that's purely LTM-caused, but curious if you have a higher offensive league, but still get better pitching from the truely elitely rated pitchers (i.e. not just a lucky season).

i want to confirm what i suspect. I think you have a higher ERA league than what i had when i did this several years ago (and not too out of proportion otherwise). i'm fairly sure if you add offense (upto a break-even point unknown) you also improve the results of the most elite pitchers in addition to the elite batters.

i think it creates greater stratification, and the game is written so that the elite stays elite and somewhat near historical values within reason... i'm sure some extreme settings and such could overcome the tendency, too.
AL batting average:
2019: .264
2020: .253
2021: .252
2022: .255
2023: .249

AL ERA:
2019: 4.75
2020: 4.24
2021: 4.20
2022: 4.20
2023: 4.07
Old 10-07-2019, 05:29 PM   #11
NoOne
Hall Of Famer

heh... must be my lack of playing in '20 or something related to league differences causing more volatility and therefore higher peaks.

other than 2019, looks similar enough as far as BA -- which was the one i was most curious about, since my 250 guys in the past never hit .400 much in a ~16-20 year career. 1-2 times i think when i had a higher BA league (~258ish, but 30 teams in that average not just AL)

you might want to autocalculate your modifiers every ~5 years for the first ~25 years or so. it's a button that's visible onyl before the regular season. better to click it once the rosters are set by AI, ie after ST in that 3-5 day window.