Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 11-07-2018, 03:20 PM   #1
wolfslice
Minors (Single A)

Some perfect team questions: challenge mode and multiple accounts

This is my first OOTP game, I bought it after jonesing for more baseball post WS, and reading about the Perfect Team beta. Have a few questions though:

1. I read that challenges in the main mode will unlock more card packs. Right now I'm basically holding off playing the actual game in challenge mode until this is implemented because I don't wanna lose out on the card packs. Is there any point to this? Or are the challenges repeatable the same way they are in the Perfect Team mode?

2. Is there anything stopping people from making like 10 accounts and opening their 6 packs until they get a lucky lineup? Obviously I'm asking in hopes of parity in the league rather than to boost my own team in such a lame way. I'm not sure if the accounts are tied to steam or just an email address. Also, if multiple accounts are allowed/even possible, wouldn't the situation come up where your team could potentially face another of your teams, which could lead to "fixed game" cheating?

3. And just out of curiosity, do you guys plan to continue playing your OOTP 19 perfect team after OOTP 20 comes out?
wolfslice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 09:36 PM   #2
mpatt75
Minors (Single A)

What is stopping someone from making 3 PT/CM accounts, making three teams, and choosing the "best" one to use full time?
mpatt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 12:55 AM   #3
George_Bell
All Star Starter

whats to stop someone from making 10 accounts and funneling pp to a single account via card auctions?
George_Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 03:40 AM   #4
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_Bell View Post
whats to stop someone from making 10 accounts and funneling pp to a single account via card auctions?
I’d be shocked if this isn’t already occurring.
Old 11-08-2018, 03:51 AM   #5
vyshka
Major Leagues

Wouldn't the perfect points be tied to the challenge mode account that is logged in? How would someone transfer them between challenge mode accounts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

vyshka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:05 AM   #6
Airdrop01
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyshka View Post
Wouldn't the perfect points be tied to the challenge mode account that is logged in? How would someone transfer them between challenge mode accounts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Set up auctions with above market buy now prices. Log in under other account. Buy crap card for over market value:

Transfer of coins to “prime” account accomplished.

Rinse and repeat.
Old 11-08-2018, 04:57 AM   #7
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by George_Bell View Post
We are monitoring this and will ban these accounts as this is a violation of the rules.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:48 AM   #8
Clavette
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
We are monitoring this and will ban these accounts as this is a violation of the rules.
Ban multiple accounts, or ban multiple accounts that are funneling pp through to a single account?
Clavette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:49 AM   #9
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavette View Post
Ban multiple accounts, or ban multiple accounts that are funneling pp through to a single account?
The latter. Having multiple accounts (3 is the max) is not illegal, after all there are families who play OOTP with a single license.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:01 PM   #10
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Are accounts also being checked against funneling their top players to one account? I could see a scenario where someone is on two different PCs, they put up a star player for auction with a low "Buy Me" price an a long time wait period (to hide the player from the view of most). They could then search for the specific player and quickly hit the buy me button.

There is the danger that someone might see him first, but the given the short time frame for someone who knows what they are looking for and burying the player by having a long bidding period, I would think it would work the majority, if not all the time.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 01:05 PM   #11
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
Are accounts also being checked against funneling their top players to one account?
Yes.
Old 11-08-2018, 01:05 PM   #12
Galeg
Major Leagues

It amazes me that people want to cheat when there is literally no reward.
Galeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 02:04 PM   #13
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Agreed, and yet the same could be said regarding spending money and/or time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not comparing the morality of the three and I'm sure that in addition to time, I'll spend at least some money. But it's all towards something that doesn't mean anything in the end though there is a lot of enjoyment. It could be that those that cheat to get an edge find enjoyment in it.
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote