Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Developments > Talk Sports

Talk Sports Discuss everything that is sports-related, like MLB, NFL, NHL, NBA, MLS, NASCAR, NCAA sports and teams, trades, coaches, bad calls etc.

Old 01-16-2007, 11:54 PM   #1
CBLCardinals
OOTP Roster Team

Arkansas Razorback Football - the drama continues

Ugh.

http://collegefootball.rivals.com/co...asp?CID=630284
CBLCardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:10 AM   #2
Big Hugg
All Star Reserve

What a weird situation.

Mustain at Tulsa will be interesting.
Big Hugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 03:34 AM   #3
marc
Hall Of Famer

Situations like these are why you don't hire High School coaches for the purpose of getting their star player(s).

marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 06:56 AM   #4
Cooleyvol
Hall Of Famer

This is a damned soap opera and totally Nutt's fault for thinking that hiring a coach just to get his players is a good idea.

Mustain will excel at Tulsa, but will it be to a degree that will prepare him for the NFL?
Cooleyvol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 09:13 PM   #5
CBLCardinals
OOTP Roster Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooleyvol View Post
This is a damned soap opera and totally Nutt's fault for thinking that hiring a coach just to get his players is a good idea.

Mustain will excel at Tulsa, but will it be to a degree that will prepare him for the NFL?
Actually Cooley it was AD Frank Broyles who hired Malzahn (forced upon Nutt)

Regardless what you hear/read, Frank Broyles STILL has control of the football program - Houston Nutt is just his little puppet.

Oh - its much worse than I can even describe - one HUGE CLUSTERF***
CBLCardinals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 11:58 AM   #6
jbergey22
Hall Of Famer

I guess winning games is no longer important. The offensive coordinator and Mustain are completely lost. I wish Mustain nothing but the worst, this is a very selfish act. He would have gotten his chance.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 12:06 PM   #7
jaxmagicman
Hall Of Famer

Location: Retired defloration-maker living in Myrtle Beach, SC
All of this after they have their best year in football in a long time.

Major League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with permission of MLB Advanced Media, L.P. Minor League Baseball trademarks and copyrights are used with the permission of Minor League Baseball. All rights reserved.
jaxmagicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:22 PM   #8
Jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
I guess winning games is no longer important. The offensive coordinator and Mustain are completely lost. I wish Mustain nothing but the worst, this is a very selfish act. He would have gotten his chance.
Nice attitude. Nothing like wishing bad things on a kid.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 01:26 PM   #9
jbergey22
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale And Eli's Dad View Post
Nice attitude. Nothing like wishing bad things on a kid.
Thanks!!! Even at the age of 18-19 you should know what decent values are by now. He's been babied his entire life and is now trying to use that leverage to get what he wants.

He was given a starting job at a qb at a SEC school as a freshmen even though he was just terrible all year. He returns the favor by leaving them at the first time something goes wrong. He is a baby and needs to grow up
Old 01-18-2007, 01:29 PM   #10
Jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Thanks!!! Even at the age of 18-19 you should know what decent values are by now.
And how old are you?
Old 01-18-2007, 01:31 PM   #11
jbergey22
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale And Eli's Dad View Post
And how old are you?
Id love to know what that has to do with Arizona Razorback football, on topic please...
Old 01-18-2007, 01:40 PM   #12
Jason
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Id love to know what that has to do with Arizona Razorback football, on topic please...
Trying to get an idea on your age to see where you base your view that an 18 year old should know decent values.

And it's Arkansas Razorbacks, not Arizona.
Old 01-18-2007, 01:50 PM   #13
jbergey22
Hall Of Famer

thanks for the correction.

I am older then 18-19. I'm not going to get into a philosphical debate with you on what age we think people should learn values.

In essence that really isnt so much the point as it this...

He was a 5* recruit whom leveraged it so his hs head coach would be able to come with him to college. He was given every opportunity to have success, he didnt(probably because he was young an inexperienced) He got benched for the bowl game(not really sure why) a book reportedly came out where he criticized the head coach now he is transfering. Does he not seem a little spoiled to you? He was given an opportunity and failed, instead of manning up to the problem and getting better, he blames the coach(on a winning team) and instead of dealing with the problem takes the easy way out and hangs the program that gave him everything he wanted out to dry.

I agree he should be able to make his own decisions but IMO he is headed for failure acting like that.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:02 PM   #14
marc
Hall Of Famer

I'm not disagreeing with you on whether or not Mustain may be a spoiled brat but it certainly wasn't his fault that they hired his HS coach. The coach/AD Arkansas knew exactly what they were getting into and they are the adults in this situation. This whole situation goes on them IMO.

Old 01-18-2007, 02:14 PM   #15
jbergey22
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
I'm not disagreeing with you on whether or not Mustain may be a spoiled brat but it certainly wasn't his fault that they hired his HS coach. The coach/AD Arkansas knew exactly what they were getting into and they are the adults in this situation. This whole situation goes on them IMO.
You are correct, I shouldnt place all the blame on Mustain! It sort of reminds me of Penny Hardaways roll on blue Chips to be honest. Arkansas messed up by giving in to pressure or however it happened that Mustains coach would follow him to Arkansas. As far as their demands that Arkansas needed to pass more is what bothers me, Mustain was terrible and they had to great backs, IMO it is very selfish of them to blaming Nutt for not passing the ball enough. The way they are acting is that they would have rather had Ark go 4-7 and try to throw the ball with a struggling freshmen and not utilize their great backs they had. I am not 100% clear if Mustain is being lead down this path or if he is choosing it himself but in either case Mustain needs to get on the right track.
Old 01-18-2007, 02:18 PM   #16
marc
Hall Of Famer

I'm a huge recruiting junkie and from everything I read/heard about this situation, Mustain may have very well ended up at Arkansas even had they not hired his HS coach. It came across to me as Arkansas thought they were leading for his services and hired the HS coach to seal the deal for him and a few of his teammates.

This kind of stuff makes me cringe and I don't like it. If OSU ever hired Ted Ginn Sr. (which luckily they can't because I believe you need to be a college graduate) I would have a heart attack.

It's just not good to practice this type of "business" in Division 1 athletics, too many bad things can happen.

Old 01-22-2007, 02:33 PM   #17
marc
Hall Of Famer

Rumors around that he's actually going to return to Arkansas?? WTF!? It's been said that he's registered for classes.

Old 01-23-2007, 10:12 AM   #18
jbergey22
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc View Post
Rumors around that he's actually going to return to Arkansas?? WTF!? It's been said that he's registered for classes.
I would take back all the negative comments about him if this is true. I would love to see that!!!
Old 01-23-2007, 05:01 PM   #19
Big Hugg
All Star Reserve

He did re-register for classes.

However, in the same story I saw about that it said he has no intention of returning to the football program, just doesn't want to lose a whole semester of credits towards his degree.

We'll see. I would think it would be kind of hard for him to actually go to school there during this.
Big Hugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2007, 06:29 PM   #20
Jason
Hall Of Famer

I just find it funny all the people who say this kid is being selfish.

I guess these people never thought they deserve a raise at work or perhaps a better position with another company. They've never been dating someone who was completely wrong for them and then broke up with them.

I guess it's just selfish when you're a kid with talent who is going to a Division I football program.