Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 25 > OOTP Mods > OOTP Mods - 3D Models

Old 03-30-2020, 08:33 PM   #1
toddr037
Minors (Single A)

Question

I have ventured into 3d ballpark creation. It seems pretty fun. I finally completed my first creation. Thought I did everything correctly with my export, however while importing it into my game I get nothing but a black screen. Exact same problem snakeeyez49 was having in this thread.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=312842

Has a solution been found yet? Someone also recommended he upload his stadium and one of the pros can look at it for him. Would I be able to get in on that too if I uploaded mine?

Thanks!
toddr037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:34 PM   #2
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddr037 View Post
I have ventured into 3d ballpark creation. It seems pretty fun. I finally completed my first creation. Thought I did everything correctly with my export, however while importing it into my game I get nothing but a black screen. Exact same problem snakeeyez49 was having in this thread.

https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/...d.php?t=312842

Has a solution been found yet? Someone also recommended he upload his stadium and one of the pros can look at it for him. Would I be able to get in on that too if I uploaded mine?

Thanks!

Yep, throw it up and post a link and I’ll take a look for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
nielsoncp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:39 PM   #3
toddr037
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nielsoncp View Post
Yep, throw it up and post a link and I’ll take a look for you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Awesome. Thank you very much.
https://gofile.io/?c=mW0XQq
Old 03-30-2020, 08:42 PM   #4
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Oops, sorry, should have been more clear. Upload p a model to the 3dwarehouse and share that. I probably can’t open up your sketch up file unless you’re using make 17.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:12 PM   #5
toddr037
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Oops, sorry, should have been more clear. Upload p a model to the 3dwarehouse and share that. I probably can’t open up your sketch up file unless you’re using make 17.

Sorry for the delay. If I understand correctly, I have uploaded the file to the 3d warehouse. https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/mod...7-Test-Stadium

Last edited by toddr037; 03-30-2020 at 10:31 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 02:58 AM   #6
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

You did upload it correctly. I took a look, and it seems like the field wasn't painted on both sides - hence the reason it showed up black. I painted both sides and exported it - you can find a copy here: ZIP FILE
Old 03-31-2020, 01:12 PM   #7
toddr037
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
You did upload it correctly. I took a look, and it seems like the field wasn't painted on both sides - hence the reason it showed up black. I painted both sides and exported it - you can find a copy here: ZIP FILE
Thank you! Your new uploaded imported just fine. I noticed a few things that were black, like the udersides of the roofs/decks, and my 3rd base dugout. I reopened the spk file that was in the new folder and made my edits, then re exported it again. When I went to reimport the park into the game, nothing but black. Could there something maybe with the 2020 version of sketchup that is not compatible with OOTP 21? The ones exported with older versions work just fine. The ones I create or edit and export using 2020 don't seem to work. Just a thought.

EDIT: I did just do a tiny experiment. I loaded a park that I know works in the game up with my 2020 version of sketchup. Didn't do anything, just resaved and reexported it. Went to reimport it into the game, Black screen. Maybe there is something with the exporting in the new version that is not compatible with the game.

Last edited by toddr037; 03-31-2020 at 01:15 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 01:17 PM   #8
nielsoncp
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddr037 View Post
Thank you! Your new uploaded imported just fine. I noticed a few things that were black, like the udersides of the roofs/decks, and my 3rd base dugout. I reopened the spk file that was in the new folder and made my edits, then re exported it again. When I went to reimport the park into the game, nothing but black. Could there something maybe with the 2020 version of sketchup that is not compatible with OOTP 21? The ones exported with older versions work just fine. The ones I create or edit and export using 2020 don't seem to work. Just a thought.

EDIT: I did just do a tiny experiment. I loaded a park that I know works in the game up with my 2020 version of sketchup. Didn't do anything, just resaved and reexported it. Went to reimport it into the game, Black screen. Maybe there is something with the exporting in the new version that is not compatible with the game.
Yeah, I think there may be something going on with sketchup 2020 that's interfering with exports. I posted a link to the download site for Make 2017 in the other thread - download that and the .obj exporter and you should be good to go.

Last edited by nielsoncp; 03-31-2020 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-31-2020, 02:03 PM   #9
toddr037
Minors (Single A)

Thank you for all the help.