Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-22-2020, 01:49 PM   #1
toddr037
Minors (Single A)

Amatur Draft

Im a little disappointed tbh. I created a brand new Canadian independent league, and a farm system that includes a regular farm team and a development team for players 18-23. I want to develop some top home grown Canadian players for my league. I set up the draft to be 10 rounds, 99.50% to be Canadian high school players. 0.50% as American HS (100% HS origin, and 99.50% Canadian nationality origin). My goal is to have the big league at close to say 80% Canadian players by year 5.

My draft list was just released for my upcoming season and its ALL American players all between 19-24. With some of the older guys 22-24yo as high schoolers? Something is not right here.

So far loving the game otherwise.
toddr037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 02:14 PM   #2
andyhdz
All Star Starter

Hmm what is your min and max age created players setting? Also did you set the amateur draft setting for US and Canada or just the created player setting?
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 03:44 PM   #3
toddr037
Minors (Single A)

My Draft settings are as follows:
Draft HS Target % : 100%
Draft Junior College Target % : 0%

Fictional Player settings:
Min. Age - 18
Max Age - 23

League Origin:
95% Canadian
4% American
1% Random

Amateur Draft Pool Origin:
99.50% Canadian
0.50% American
Old 03-22-2020, 06:00 PM   #4
toddr037
Minors (Single A)

I must have messed something up with my league setup. I created a new test league and did the same thing. The new draft pool for my new test league is full of Canadian players. Again though only issue, everyone has the star by there name indicating they are a HS player. All players in the draft pool though are over 20.

It looks like the new drafting system works, but please get the age thing figured out. there should be no 23 year olds still in HS. Lol
Old 03-22-2020, 06:35 PM   #5
andyhdz
All Star Starter

the created age setting should be 18 min and 18 max. That is what will limit the players created to just 18 year olds. There is another setting under rules called active roster player age min and max. Thats to set the age range that players will be allowed to play in the league. If I'm understanding you right that should be set to 18 min and 23 max since I think you are saying you only want them to play for those years in that league.

Last edited by andyhdz; 03-22-2020 at 06:37 PM.
andyhdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 07:30 PM   #6
toddr037
Minors (Single A)

Ohhhh I get it. Thanks for the reply. For the big league i dont have a set max age. The reason I put my fictional players max age at 23 was just in case I had to fill any rosters with fictional players, it didn't just create 18 year olds to fill the teams.
Old 03-23-2020, 09:30 PM   #7
toddr037
Minors (Single A)

So I started a new league. Luckily I haven't save it since my new draft list got published. I set my fictional player age to min 18 max 18. Set my draft for 100% Canadian school.

Draft list got released. Its all Canadian highschool players, BUT EVERYONE IS AGED 38 OR 39! What am I doing wrong? If there are over 100 high schoolers in Canada who are pushing 40, there is something seriously wrong with our educational system. lol. It could be nice if the game automaticaly picked up ages. Like the option is there to draft highshool players and jr college and university. They even have the years in the game. Freshman, sophmore, jr. senior. Would be nice if the game automatically had an age attached to those levels. If your 16, your a HS Sophmore. 18 HS Senior. 21 College Jr. ect

Edit. I reloaded my game, switched every age I can find in the rules and players page and set them all to 18 min and 18 max. Simmed to the draft pool release, and same thing. everyone is 38 or 39 and in high school. Any kind of help here would be greatly appreciated. Im truely stumped. All I want is Canadian HS amateur draft for my league.

Last edited by toddr037; 03-23-2020 at 09:46 PM.
Old 03-23-2020, 10:58 PM   #8
toddr037
Minors (Single A)

Another update and experimentation. Started playing around with the fictional player min and max ages. for some reason putting the age of 7 produced a draft class of 18 year olds with a sprinkle of 17. Thats accurate ages for HS Senior. I went to the future draft classes. 2021 they were all 17. again accurate. 2022 however they were all 15. (skipped over age 16). and then 2023 the ages were 7. Lol. Im 4 years ill be drafting 11 year olds. This makes absolutely no sense. LOL. Did I just find a very serious bug?