Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 18 > OOTP 18 - General Discussions

OOTP 18 - General Discussions Everything about the 2017 version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB.com and the MLBPA.

Old 07-31-2017, 10:50 AM   #1
texasmame
All Star Starter

"Can now drag and set player labels in 3D view with right mouse button"

As the defending NL West Champions, the SALMON fall to the wildcard Dakota Rushmores in the first round in seven games.
texasmame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 11:34 AM   #2
SxSnts9
Minors (Double A)

I feel like a fool for asking, but what does this mean?
Old 07-31-2017, 11:52 AM   #3
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SxSnts9 View Post
I feel like a fool for asking, but what does this mean?
When watching in 3d, some people like the player labels to show up above the player on the field, some would rather lay them out in a fixed configuration (like in the broadcast view).

However, up until now, we didn't store a separate configuration for that, so essentially we took the locations from broadcast view and simply stretched/skewed them to fit the 3D. However now we store it separately, so that you can manage it all in one place.As well, you can move them around in 3D view - previously you would have to switch to broadcast view, move the label, go back to 3D to see if it ended up in the right spot, and keep doing that.

As well, this also separates the small and large labels, so that you can play with the large labels (with ratings displays) yet have those follow the players around on the field. Or you can play with the smaller more compact labels in fixed spots.
Matt Arnold is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 07:27 PM   #4
r0nster
Hall Of Famer

the labels do NOT stay in place once you move the labels when you go from game to game. They do stay for that ONE game but they WILL move back to previous spots for the next game
r0nster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 10:47 PM   #5
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0nster View Post
the labels do NOT stay in place once you move the labels when you go from game to game. They do stay for that ONE game but they WILL move back to previous spots for the next game
They should stick around, however they are stored per-park, so you may need to set them either for each park, or I believe there is a function in the park page to copy the coordinates to other parks.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:41 PM   #6
MrBojangles
All Star Reserve

I can't wait to get back into the game and make these adjustments. This is one of those "little" things that has bugged me so I'm glad/thankful to see it get addressed.
MrBojangles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 08:35 AM   #7
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Arnold View Post
As well, this also separates the small and large labels, so that you can play with the large labels (with ratings displays) yet have those follow the players around on the field. Or you can play with the smaller more compact labels in fixed spots.

I'll have to look at this again.. I thought the LARGE labels were static and the small ones followed the players around? Has this now changed to the other way around?

Thanks for the option.. it is rather clunky (for lack of a better word) moving the large ones around to a precise spot.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:44 AM   #8
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I'll have to look at this again.. I thought the LARGE labels were static and the small ones followed the players around? Has this now changed to the other way around?
Please tell me they didn't change this.
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 09:59 AM   #9
Matt Arnold
OOTP Developer

Large vs small is now a separate setting than following around vs static. You choose large vs small, and then separately choose whether you want them fixed or following players.
Old 08-01-2017, 04:32 PM   #10
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Large vs small is now a separate setting than following around vs static. You choose large vs small, and then separately choose whether you want them fixed or following players.
Thanks.. I'll have to look closer tonight!
Old 08-01-2017, 05:38 PM   #11
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasmame View Post
Oh, yeah. Even better than when we finally got IRS%! This is great.
Old 08-01-2017, 09:17 PM   #12
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Awesome! I just set it to large and following players and it's FREAKING AWESOME Mr. Arnold!!!!! This is EXACTLY what I wanted!
Old 08-02-2017, 11:30 AM   #13
Giants44
Hall Of Famer

my initial reaction was YAY! Because I always thought this was a great way to make these changes.

my first in game reactions was BOOOOOO!!! Because the first time I started a game the markers went from in right spot to NOWHERE near where they needed to be.

so I came here found this thread, found the settings (in the game setup) did some poking around and now I am very much

added multiple options to get it exactly just right AND now I no longer have to settle for small labels because the large ones would never align right.

bottom line is it is now MUCH more customizable and as always when OOTP gives us control it improves exponentially.

"Judge a man not by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character"
-Martin Luther King

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."
-Einstein

"The man who views the world at 50 the same as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."
-Muhammad Ali

"Baseball statistics are like a girl in a bikini. They show a lot, but not everything."
-Toby Harrah
Giants44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 07:59 PM   #14
jim255
Minors (Double A)

Then you have a magical right mouse button. Mine doesn't move a thing.
jim255 is offline   Reply With Quote