Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-19-2020, 02:11 PM   #101
Ktulu
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBPD5015 View Post
I am not sure where to put it, but for someone that plays out all his games, it would be amazing to see who is pitching and who is hitting during the 3d play screen during pitch and during the in game action. Small boxes underneath as the screenshot looks attached. What is everyone's thoughts?
Hard no.
Old 03-20-2020, 07:59 AM   #102
Nick Soulis
Hall Of Famer

I just have to say. I cant tell you how much this game is helping me out at this time in the world when we are forced to stay indoors. The game has brought a lot of fun and joy at a stressful time and helps pass the long hours.

Again, thank you so much.
Nick Soulis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 01:42 PM   #103
jaysfan17
Minors (Single A)

Just downloaded it off of steam. Spent all morning setting up my quickstart and I think I set up everything I needed to. I’m taking a break right now. Part of my quickstart set up was making sure the Astros received their deserved suspensions. That took awhile to do, but it was worth it. To paraphrase Thanos: “balance is restored in the universe”. lol
jaysfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 02:02 PM   #104
nymetsfan5
Minors (Double A)

This draft is everything I wanted. Thank you!!!
nymetsfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 02:25 PM   #105
mayday10
Minors (Double A)

This thing feels very polished and responsive
mayday10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 02:29 PM   #106
Khlod
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Thumbs up OOTP 21 is GREAT!!!

Maaaaannn this day at work is getting tooooo long. Can't wait to get back home, opening up my 3 team's perfects teams pack and get this **** going!!
Makes me wanna get that COVID virus to be able to play the hell out of it!!

I had the pre-released version and I gotta say that OOPT21 is astonishing, amazing and can't wait to get my 1969's Expos get their ass kicked, but win it all in 1980! (Or before)

Congrats to the whole OOTP team. I was already addicted, but now, I'll be hooked for life!!

Thank you -Thank you - Thank you.

Last edited by Khlod; 03-20-2020 at 02:47 PM.
Khlod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 02:42 PM   #107
The Yurpman
Major Leagues

I just want to say thank you to everyone who worked on this for another year and another awesome game. It couldn't have came at a better time. I work in a pharmacy and times right now are extremely stressful (not complaining, I'm blessed to still be able to work, unlike a lot of people). It's awesome to come home to this game right now and unwind. You all are helping a lot of people get through some difficult times. Thank you!
The Yurpman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 03:00 PM   #108
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thanks again for all the kind words!
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 03:17 PM   #109
jeffw3000
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukas Berger View Post
They think his contract is underwater for value, and thus they're willing to trade him for anything to get rid of the contract.

Not really that unrealistic (other than the Red Sox part, which since we don't have rivalries yet, we can't control). Teams do this all the time, if they can.

The real life Padres would happily trade Wil Myers for a bucket of balls right now and throw 30-40 mil into the deal too if you asked nicely.
Probably the surprising thing is the Yankees would not do this. Anyone else might.

The Pirates traded Charlie Morton for David Whitehead, and let's not forget the Francisco Liriano trade. We traded Liriano to the Blue Jays and threw in Reese McGuire, a top 10 prospect, and Harold Ramirez, a top 20 prospect, just so they would take Liriano and his contract off our hands. What did we get, Drew Hutchison. That was it. The best part is when the team tries to tell you how much they like Hutchison, and act like it is not all about money even though everyone know it was about money. They liked him so much they sent him directly to AAA, where he pitched until the rosters expanded in Sept., and then he spent the entire next season in AAA. until he left after 2017.
jeffw3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 04:32 PM   #110
malor
Major Leagues

It looks amazing. Looking forward to having time to learn the new features.

Keep up the great work.
Malor.
malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 05:30 PM   #111
congokurtz
Minors (Double A)

Ok, if you've seen my earlier post on this thread I initially didn't like the ball follow feature, then liked it better when I changed all the camera settings to it's quickest and adjusted the three camera views to wide/hp/wide. Lately I've really been enjoying ball follow with the following camera views: wide/HP/HP. But I feel if they could tweak a couple of things it would make it better. One is on ground balls when the throw is made to first the camera cuts off the first baseman. I think this also may occur on plays to the plate. Looks like both of these are small adjustments. Also, with the camera view set to wide/hp/wide the ball follow feature with the fast settings appeared smooth barring one exception. At the end of some plays the ball follow seems to stay on too long and jerks down to follow the ball once the play is over. I feel if it could be ended sooner it would feel a lot smoother.

Anyway, thanks for all the hard work. Thoroughly enjoying 21!
congokurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 05:57 PM   #112
Solonor
Hall Of Famer

I gotta say that keeping it on HP for the action cam is pretty sweet when a guy hits a HR.

"Beings will come, Frodo. The one constant through all the years has been baseball. Middle Earth has rolled by like an army of Mumakil. It has been erased like a slate, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game: it's a part of our past, Frodo. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... beings will come Frodo. Beings will most definitely come." - Gladden Field of Dreams
Solonor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 06:57 PM   #113
Tony820
Minors (Double A)

Slow PbP?

Has anyone experienced some really slow moving play by play when you're playing live action? I didn't have it in the beta, but after downloading the update today, it's happened multiple times where I'll hit a ball to SS, and the play will take 30-45 seconds to play out before I can hit any key to continue.
Tony820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 08:25 PM   #114
chipschap1
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rktaker View Post
I've oly played 4 games so far but pitching doesn't seem great and scoring seems really high so far the scores have been 8-7, 10-1, 10-8
Right, and I've played one game so far (just purchased within the last few hours), which was 3-2 in 15 innings so obviously there are far too many extra inning games
chipschap1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:20 PM   #115
NDSox12
Minors (Rookie Ball)

This is my first post since... checks notes... 2007 (?!?!). I have purchased every version of the game since then, but haven't been a dedicated player in at least a decade (it's not you, it's me).

Suddenly, with a lot of free time on my hands, I pre-ordered earlier this week and have been playing the game in most of my waking hours since. I am once again addicted.

This is my first time playing Perfect Team. It's incredible!
NDSox12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:30 PM   #116
24Rocks
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffw3000 View Post
Probably the surprising thing is the Yankees would not do this. Anyone else might.

The Pirates traded Charlie Morton for David Whitehead, and let's not forget the Francisco Liriano trade. We traded Liriano to the Blue Jays and threw in Reese McGuire, a top 10 prospect, and Harold Ramirez, a top 20 prospect, just so they would take Liriano and his contract off our hands. What did we get, Drew Hutchison. That was it. The best part is when the team tries to tell you how much they like Hutchison, and act like it is not all about money even though everyone know it was about money. They liked him so much they sent him directly to AAA, where he pitched until the rosters expanded in Sept., and then he spent the entire next season in AAA. until he left after 2017.
This worked out so great For the Jays, He was Important during the 2016 WC Game and Reese Has looked pretty good so far.

AFBL:Ontario Blue Pirates (2013-2055) 3177-3255(.494)
Wild Card:8
Division Titles: 8
Pennants: 2020, 2049, 2051
2051 CHAMPS

Former leagues:
LOHO: Detroit Tigers
ISL: San Diego Padres
VSL: Pittsburgh Pirates
NPBL: Ohio Raptors/Nova Scotia Fishermen
Check you my YOUTUBE or TWITCH
24Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 10:53 PM   #117
zappa1
All Star Starter

Finally I got everything set up like I like. Love the game play. Not one freeze or anything. Watching all the new player graphics right now as I play. Glad those close plays at first with the pitcher coming over have been fixed so the first baseman doesn't have to jam the ball in the pitcher's ear. hahaha Still a few plays need fixing, but many have been. I don't know how many graphical plays there are but it must be in the hundreds. Still seeing some triples where the player only gets credit for a double. That needs to be fix. It just keeps getting better all the time. Like others have said, this is greatly appreciated right at this time being locked in. Now we know why it's the national pastime. Thanks Markus and gang.
zappa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 11:51 PM   #118
endgame
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zappa1 View Post
Finally I got everything set up like I like.
I echo your appreciation for this, I'll say it, work of art. It's fascinated me for years for reasons well beyond baseball alone. My interest is seldom captured, and for this length of time seemed unimaginable.

What I envy now in the next steps is that feeling you just described. Oh, man does that sound so remote to me, and that's part of the pleasure.
Old 03-20-2020, 11:54 PM   #119
IanIachimoe
All Star Starter

I REALLY miss the marbled look of the ratings bars in Classic mode.

IanIachimoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2020, 12:39 AM   #120
RubeBaker
All Star Reserve

I've only had the game for a couple of weeks, but IMHO it is the BEST OOTP game yet. The new features including the 3D Ballpark Construction Kit, Prospect Pipeline, Mock Draft, the new camera angles and details such as the airplanes flying over the stadium (WOW!) along with many other reasons is why this version is the best yet. How cool it would be to have train sound effects in Houston and Seattle!

The OOTP staff truly listens to its customers and fans of the game. I want you all to know that I appreciate it and I appreciate you. Cheers!
RubeBaker is offline   Reply With Quote