Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Front Office Football > FOF - General Discussions

FOF - General Discussions Discuss the upcoming Front Office Football by OOTP Developments here.

Old 09-21-2019, 06:51 PM   #1
OrbisEuler
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Chance of an update?

It's been 3 months. I feel like an update isn't unwarranted.
Old 09-24-2019, 09:46 AM   #2
Cole
Hall Of Famer

One would think that with a new NFL season in full swing and this forum devolving into a place where people are talking about other football sims more than FOF, that an update would be nice to get things back on track ...
Old 09-24-2019, 12:15 PM   #3
vgorilla80
Bat Boy

I believe there are two chances for an update - slim and none.
Old 09-25-2019, 09:00 PM   #4
OrbisEuler
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I'm sure they are frustrated with people asking so much but I think it would just go a long way to show the fans any form of progress.
Old 09-26-2019, 01:20 AM   #5
james17
All Star Starter

I'm starting to feel that since there's only been updates reporting 'no change' in the past that they are doing absolutely zero work on this project. I think most of the work is on OOTP Baseball with some on FHM and nothing on FOF9. I really wonder how much OOTP Developments is invested both interest-wise and resource-wise with an American football game.

Last edited by james17; 09-26-2019 at 01:21 AM.
Old 09-26-2019, 11:47 AM   #6
philthepat

I know everyone would like an update, but to quote from what Jim said in his last update...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Gindin View Post

For me, and for the good people at OOTP, this is a calling rather than just a job. We’re in it for the right reasons. If anything changes with development or we commit to a release schedule, we’ll tell everyone right away. Until then, it’s probably best to keep relatively quiet. When it’s time to set this in motion, there will be plenty of time for a proper marketing plan and we’ll be available to answer as many questions as we can.
Thanks for your patience.

Old 09-26-2019, 12:15 PM   #7
abell1198
All Star Reserve

Personally, I'd rather have an excellent product than something that's thrown together to meet a deadline. The interest for OOTP is obviously there or they wouldn't have partnered up with Front Office Football to begin with. FOF was already a great product and will be even better with OOTP's involvement.

Current Dynasty:
Collegiate Baseball Association

Completed Dynasties:
World Series League
March Madness 2015
Old 09-26-2019, 01:19 PM   #8
ashantewarrier
Hall Of Famer

Maybe we’ll be fortunate enough to get an update by the 2020-2021 NFL season. I’m not holding my breath that this game will be released this current NFL season. I’ll just keep enjoying OOTP 20 for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-Jackie Robinson, #42 Brooklyn Dodgers

"Hitting is better than sex." - Reggie Jackson
Old 09-27-2019, 02:29 PM   #9
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

I definitely wish some sort of hype or promotion was happening. Just seeing how the team at Doug Flutie's Maximum Football have done it, they have done an INCREDIBLE job of previewing features and engaging with the community, and their release just happened this morning. They're getting a ton of $30 purchases for a game that is admittedly not that great, and marketing was a big piece of it.

Just SOME feature previews or anything to get us talking or excited would be so cool. Anything to bring in more potential buyers is a plus, in my opinion.
Old 09-28-2019, 01:18 AM   #10
El_Toro50
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin462 View Post
I definitely wish some sort of hype or promotion was happening. Just seeing how the team at Doug Flutie's Maximum Football have done it, they have done an INCREDIBLE job of previewing features and engaging with the community, and their release just happened this morning. They're getting a ton of $30 purchases for a game that is admittedly not that great, and marketing was a big piece of it.

Just SOME feature previews or anything to get us talking or excited would be so cool. Anything to bring in more potential buyers is a plus, in my opinion.
This^^^

I can't seem to understand the logic behind the lack of marketing; or at the very least, basic communication on this title.

Granted, this is reflective of the developer and his previous titles. Its imperative in this cycle of consumer; to draw up excitement and curiosity with at least an dev update, or some type of news.

I'm a software engineer by day, and can't imagine not updating my customers with my progress, pitfalls, scope creep, etc... it unfortunately allows consumer expectations to be too high, or too low; leading to a potential letdown, or pass on purchase.
Old 09-28-2019, 07:17 PM   #11
thefatcat
Minors (Single A)

I brought Draft Day Football 2020 and i am impressed, can't sit here month after month waiting for a game that seems a long way away.
Old 09-28-2019, 09:36 PM   #12
fifthorkid
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Honestly it appears as though this project is dead in the water. Time to look elsewhere
Old 09-29-2019, 01:46 AM   #13
KeithSteele
Bat Boy

I have bought OOTP 14-20, that being said I just bought Axis 19. I honestly just bought it because I was tired of waiting for this game and kind of feeling left in the water with **** for updates. After just a few hours of Axis, I can say this, I will not buy ootp FOF9, Axis has a great franchise mode and is responsive to its customers. That's good enough for me.
Old 09-29-2019, 03:35 AM   #14
james17
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Toro50 View Post
This^^^

I can't seem to understand the logic behind the lack of marketing; or at the very least, basic communication on this title.

Granted, this is reflective of the developer and his previous titles. Its imperative in this cycle of consumer; to draw up excitement and curiosity with at least an dev update, or some type of news.

I'm a software engineer by day, and can't imagine not updating my customers with my progress, pitfalls, scope creep, etc... it unfortunately allows consumer expectations to be too high, or too low; leading to a potential letdown, or pass on purchase.

In the past OOTP has responded with updates that say 'No Change' or that there is 'nothing' to report. I have said and can only assume that means 'no progress'. No progress to me says this project is gasping for air and is either dead or treading water. I'd love to know if any resources other than Jim are developing this game. I know OOTP is small but this lack of interest in their marketing, target buyers, etc. sounds like they really don't give a crap.

I was a programmer and then a supervisor of programmers. We had customers waiting for us to produce a project. I can't imagine letting projects drag on and on without any change in status being reported over and over again to our customers. I wouldn't have had my job for very long.

Finally, I'm not expecting a finished project but why the hell can't they provide more regular progress reports?

Their strategy on this, if they even have one, is pretty damned arrogant and shows a real lack of respect for their buying community.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:29 AM   #15
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Do you think y'all helping with all this negative comments? Trying to use inverse psychology like you do with your children? I wish Ben closed threads like this as soon as they appear. Look yourselves at the mirror and think about how much contribution you are making, pathetic.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 09-29-2019, 01:00 PM   #16
Zeppelin462
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkn20 View Post
Do you think y'all helping with all this negative comments? Trying to use inverse psychology like you do with your children? I wish Ben closed threads like this as soon as they appear. Look yourselves at the mirror and think about how much contribution you are making, pathetic.

Just being real, dude. That's what years of this will do to formerly excited potential customers. But thanks for the insults! Sounds like you need to take your own advice.
Old 09-29-2019, 01:02 PM   #17
Sharkn20
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin462 View Post
Just being real, dude. That's what years of this will do to formerly excited potential customers. But thanks for the insults! Sounds like you need to take your own advice.
Troll

Old 09-29-2019, 05:52 PM   #18
Cole
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithSteele View Post
I have bought OOTP 14-20, that being said I just bought Axis 19. I honestly just bought it because I was tired of waiting for this game and kind of feeling left in the water with **** for updates. After just a few hours of Axis, I can say this, I will not buy ootp FOF9, Axis has a great franchise mode and is responsive to its customers. That's good enough for me.
I actually just checked out videos and reviews of Axis and it seems kind of unique and neat with its own little 36 team promotion/relegation tiered world and seemingly lots of front office and franchise type features. The big thing holding me back is it doesn't have career stats kept ... Which seems like a huge negative for a career sim and tough to get over.
Old 09-29-2019, 07:01 PM   #19
james17
All Star Starter

I'm only negative when they deserve it. Been an OOTP baseball fan for 15 years before this year's FOF 9 repeated letdowns. Their 'strategy' on marketing this game has been terrible.

Last edited by james17; 09-29-2019 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-30-2019, 08:53 AM   #20
Maruko
Bat Boy

I am starting to think that no one fof will exit anymore, not under this promoting house.