Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Earlier versions of Out of the Park Baseball > Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Earlier versions of OOTP: New to the game? A place for all new Out of the Park Baseball fans to ask questions about the game.

Old 02-05-2009, 08:29 PM   #1
Dynasty
Bat Boy

Help please on Demo

Hey everyone,

I'm new here and have downloaded the demo to check everything out. I work for a minor league team and have been looking for a baseball management game like this for a while. So far I've been thrilled with the gameplay and I am certainly going to purchase the game, but I have a question. I am in the middle of my first demo season. Upon reaching August 1st, the game will not let me continue further. I thought I was supposed to be able to play 10 real days and one and a half seasons. I've only had the demo for three days. Where am I wrong? What do I need to do? (other than purchase full version) Thanks for any help.

P.S. I wasn't sure if this should be posted here or the bugs/technical issue forum.
Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:53 AM   #2
Kelric
Hall Of Famer

I thought the demo only ran until August. I may be wrong, though.
Kelric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 08:46 PM   #3
memphisbrian
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I downloaded the demo last week and have gone 1.5 years in one game, and 1+ in another.
memphisbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #4
kq76
Global Moderator

Maybe there's a difference between the mac and PC demos?
kq76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:41 PM   #5
Dynasty
Bat Boy

Yeah, I saw it posted in another thread that maybe a major league game runs through Aug. 1. Only the fictional league runs 1.5 seaons. Is this correct?
Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 12:23 AM   #6
kq76
Global Moderator

Ah, yes. That does sound familiar. Sorry for not remembering about that sooner. See, awhile back all you could sim to in the demo was some mid-season date, but a bunch of us complained that there's important stuff in the off-season that people should be able to test out so I guess their compromise was to let you test this stuff out with fictional rosters, but keep the real rosters limited to only part of a season. Fair enough IMO.
Old 02-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #7
memphisbrian
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I've been able to go from Spring Training 1988 through the end of the 1989 season with historical rosters.
memphisbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:20 PM   #8
kq76
Global Moderator

I PM'd someone who probably knows the answer for sure and can change the info on the downloads page if needed.

I was going to test the demo myself, but the estimated download time changed my mind.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:14 AM   #9
battists
Hall Of Famer

I'm the "person who should know," but I'm not really the "person who DOES know," so I will check with someone and get back to you.

Thanks!

Steve
battists is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:49 AM   #10
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynasty View Post
Yeah, I saw it posted in another thread that maybe a major league game runs through Aug. 1. Only the fictional league runs 1.5 seaons. Is this correct?
Correct... if there is no history in the league, it'll give you 1 1/2 seasons of play. And if there is history, just 1/2 season.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 12:17 AM   #11
kbracer2002
Bat Boy

Markus, I bought the game a couple of days ago. I started a new custom game and after 1.5 seasons, I wasn't attached to my team any longer and I wasn't fired. After the All-Star break, that was it. I just unlicensed and re-licensed, still no joy.

Any suggestions?

Last edited by kbracer2002; 02-11-2009 at 12:20 AM.
kbracer2002 is offline   Reply With Quote