Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-08-2019, 01:10 PM   #1
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

just purchased...impressions

This is the third time I've bought FHM but have bought every OOTP version since 2005 so am a long-time supporter of these games.

I understand that there have been many improvements from previous iterations but my main concern is that the actual game play seems to have had little attention. 1) The play-by-play is quite repetitive and not always helpful in describing the action. 2) The highlights scroll still doesn't always tally with the stats ( e.g give-away/take-away). 3)Is it really not possible to use the free space on the screen to enlarge the rink image and at least have all the players on the ice in position? 4) The puck image isn't even a disc anymore!! 5) What about having the option to add/edit news items, this has been in OOTP for ages.

I appreciate that some players sim seasons and are interested more in GM play than the game-to-game drama but increasing the immersion factor of game play might encourage more folk to buy the game. The dearth of dynasty entries perhaps reflects this although I admit I have absolutely no evidence to back that up!!
Simmo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 05:27 PM   #2
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

I've never really payed attention to the play by play and such. They are hoping to have some form of gameplay engine for FHM 7. The rink/puck does nothing for me honestly in it's current state, so I'd rather it not be any bigger. You can edit your news feed in the Manager options.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 03:24 AM   #3
DFyvie
Major Leagues

The in-game experience of this game is really the only lacking element for me. I play game-by-game and I've been waiting for a number of years for FHM to do a solid 2d representation of what is actually happening. Here are a few things on my wish list:

1: The ability to change the role of a particular player in-game.

2: Watch where my players/opposition players are in relation to the puck and the puck carrier.

3: Have Corsi added to the player game stats (in other words have a game-by-game corsi number)

4: Receive an email from your advance scout as to what the opposition does with their team with respects to lineups/tactics.
DFyvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 05:35 AM   #4
Alessandro
Hall Of Famer

You can do 1 already
Alessandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 10:58 AM   #5
Simmo13
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
I've never really payed attention to the play by play and such. They are hoping to have some form of gameplay engine for FHM 7. The rink/puck does nothing for me honestly in it's current state, so I'd rather it not be any bigger. You can edit your news feed in the Manager options.
The rink/puck does nothing for me either which is why I'd like to see it improved.
In OOTP we can write our own news stories or edit/add detail to existing items which is helpful when looking back at the season, gives the chance to supplement the game generated news.
Simmo13 is offline   Reply With Quote