Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 6 > FHM 6 - General Discussion

FHM 6 - General Discussion Talk about the latest & greatest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 11-06-2019, 11:56 AM   #1
sutnopG
Minors (Single A)

Coincidence or in game reality?

Hello!

Have played 25 games of my first regular season in FHM.

Have had some games with very high scoring results (10-5, 10-2 & 8-7 etc). Also not a injury more than a day or two a couple of times happening to my team. Is this normal or is it something else?

a majority of the games is realistic when it comes to results but my feeling is that the crazy ones pop up to often.

I should say i play as a GM only and sim the games.

Thanks in advance!
sutnopG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:09 PM   #2
Adam B
Hockey Community Manager

There is a lot of factors that can determine how a team performs as well as being fortunate with health. I don't think it's out the normal, but more than likely you will run into some issues soon.

What league and team are you?
Adam B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:23 PM   #3
sutnopG
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam B View Post
There is a lot of factors that can determine how a team performs as well as being fortunate with health. I don't think it's out the normal, but more than likely you will run into some issues soon.

What league and team are you?

Agree with you, in reality there are many factors and this is not unheard of - just me a detail nerd (hehe) who wants to hear from those with experience of FHM.

GM of New Jersey Devils.

Is there a difference in outcomes (over time) when siming vs watch the game?
sutnopG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 01:20 PM   #4
cosmo
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Is there a difference in outcomes (over time) when siming vs watch the game?[/QUOTE]

Id like to know too !!
cosmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 03:37 PM   #5
Chicken Swede
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutnopG View Post
Also not a injury more than a day or two a couple of times happening to my team. Is this normal or is it something else?
I lost Hedman for 7 months with major trauma to his eye three games into the season. My best d-man by far.

I say enjoy the good fortune of having healthy players
Chicken Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 05:53 PM   #6
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmo View Post
Is there a difference in outcomes (over time) when siming vs watch the game?
Id like to know too !![/QUOTE]
There is no difference between the two when it comes to the sim. The high scores happen from time to time, just as they do in reality. More so here obviously, because you have so many things that factor into the sim.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:56 PM   #7
Triactus
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
There is no difference between the two when it comes to the sim.
No difference between sim and watching on the end result? I don't know about that. I didn't play FHM4 or FHM5 and have just gone through my first season on FHM6, but I have close to 600 hours on FHM3, and on that one, I have a strong feeling there was a difference. I once badly lost a game 7. I reloaded and tried again and I still badly lost the game 10 times out of 10. I tried watching the game multiple times, and I easily won it 8 times out of 10. (for the record, I accepted the lost and kept playing after the first loss. I kept at it out of curiosity). After that, it became a joke with a friend that if I lost a game 7 in sim, I would take a mulligan by watching it.

Might be just a coincidence (not a great sample), but it might not.
Triactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:54 PM   #8
Savoie45
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triactus View Post
No difference between sim and watching on the end result? I don't know about that. I didn't play FHM4 or FHM5 and have just gone through my first season on FHM6, but I have close to 600 hours on FHM3, and on that one, I have a strong feeling there was a difference. I once badly lost a game 7. I reloaded and tried again and I still badly lost the game 10 times out of 10. I tried watching the game multiple times, and I easily won it 8 times out of 10. (for the record, I accepted the lost and kept playing after the first loss. I kept at it out of curiosity). After that, it became a joke with a friend that if I lost a game 7 in sim, I would take a mulligan by watching it.

Might be just a coincidence (not a great sample), but it might not.
If you ask the devs, they'll tell you there is no difference.
Savoie45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2019, 02:20 PM   #9
tk43
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoie45 View Post
If you ask the devs, they'll tell you there is no difference.
I don't have FHM6 but played lots of 3,4 and 5 and i really hope there is a difference if you play as GM/HC as when you play the game you can change your lines/tactics on the fly while if you sim you just get your result...

If it's GM only I would think it makes no difference as you can't make changes...
tk43 is offline   Reply With Quote