Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Post bug reports here please!

Old 03-18-2016, 08:29 PM   #1
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Historical MLB/Minors roster and db issues go here

Hi guys:

Please post any issues with the historical db's here. Players importing multiple times, not importing, crazy ratings, wrong stats or other stuff like this. Spritze and Bigrod will do their best to respond and to fix and issues.

Thanks for your help in making OOTP better!

Last edited by Lukas Berger; 03-19-2016 at 07:53 AM.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 08:41 PM   #2
Peregrine
All Star Reserve

Not sure if this is a database issue or a straight bug but I will cover my bases with both.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...-too-high.html
Old 03-18-2016, 09:12 PM   #3
bafusilier
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Was asked to post this info here from my initial post:

https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boa...incorrect.html

I used the 2015 Texas Rangers, and once I had (finally!) loaded the game (I had it use real minor league players and real stats), the opening day rosters were quite...screwed up. Some examples (among many):

"Yu Darvish was marked retired. Not on the 60-day DL, but full-on retired.

Phil Irwin, who actually signed a minor league contract with the Rangers in the middle of the year (July 2015), was already on the team, and was slated as their #2 starter

The Rangers had not just one CL named Keone Kela, but two, and both were simultaneously at different levels of the system (MLB & AAA), and had different ratings.

I took a quick look around at a few teams and saw some similar glitches there (two versions of Devon Travis on the Blue Jays), but I must admit I'm not as familiar with those teams' rosters, so if things were equally screwy I might not have noticed there."

In addition, as I'm exploring, I'm noticing quite a few duplicate players (JP Arencibia on the 2014 Rangers twice).
bafusilier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 09:39 PM   #4
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Darvish will automagically return in 2016. Not really retired. That is just a temporary designation.
Irwin starts on the team right away unless you use historical transactions
Only find one Kela
2 Travis's in the MLB data downloaded from BBref. I'll leave one dead in a ditch.
Only find one Arencibia as well

Last edited by Spritze; 03-18-2016 at 11:17 PM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:16 PM   #5
Daletiel
Minors (Single A)

When starting a game in 1994, Chipper Jones and Ron Gant both appear as free agents rather than being property of Atlanta but on the DL (Jones tore his ACL in Spring Training and Gant had a nasty spill on a dirt bike and broke his leg).
Daletiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 10:36 PM   #6
rjl518
Hall Of Famer

In 1962, i thought the Syracuse Chiefs were part of the Mets minors in that year?

"Colon looking for his 1st hit of the year and he DRIVES ONE! Deep left field! Back goes Upton! Back near the wall! ITS OUTTA HERE!!! Bartolo has done it!!! THE IMPOSSIBLE HAS HAPPENED!!! This is one of the great moments in the history of baseball! Bartolo Colon has gone deep!" ---Gary Cohen. (May 7, 2016) (Petco Park) NYM 6 @ SD 3
rjl518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:16 PM   #7
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

No they were not.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:21 PM   #8
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjl518 View Post
In 1962, i thought the Syracuse Chiefs were part of the Mets minors in that year?
Always on the ball Spritze.

Last edited by Bigrod; 03-18-2016 at 11:22 PM.
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 11:53 PM   #9
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

Did a fast sim of the 1994 season. A guy named Dennys Gomez was runner up for NL rookie of the year for the Giants and an all-star at SS. In real-life he pitched 4 years in the minors and topped out at single A ball. Looking further, in addition to his minor league pitching stats, he also imported using real-life long-time SS Chris Gomez's stats. In the editor, he has both his historical minors ID's and Chris' historical ID. Chris is also in the league, and they have almost identical hitting and fielding ratings (differences may be due to development during the season). They were born 5 days apart IRL, perhaps this is the reason for the double import?
Attached Images
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 01:36 AM   #10
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Dennys Gomez is a career minor leaguer who got promoted. It is supposed to be able to happen. He has no MLB ID in the db so I do not know where this is coming from.

Chris Gomez is a real MLB player. He does have an MLB ID.

They both have MiLB ID's but just one each.

Last edited by Spritze; 03-19-2016 at 01:38 AM.
Spritze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 02:29 AM   #11
dime
Minors (Double A)

Seeing some similar import/minors issues...

I imported 1988, seems that every player is "Caucasian" in facegen/profile.

Also noticing that Billy Jo Robidoux is in both AAA as a CF and AA as a 1B. Two different player IDs showing in the profile edit mode, but otherwise his age, name, ratings, etc are all identical.

Update: his player history/stats are NOT the same...the CF version shows his minor league stats back to '82. The 1B version in AA shows his MLB cups of coffee with the Brewers from 85-87...no minor league stats at all for him!

Last edited by dime; 03-19-2016 at 02:35 AM.
dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 06:15 AM   #12
Lukas Berger
OOTP Developments

Quote:
Originally Posted by dime View Post
I imported 1988, seems that every player is "Caucasian" in facegen/profile.
I think this is just how it works by default now.

It seems like an almost impossible amount of work to assign each of the 150,000+ players their actual race, especially when this may not be known for many of them.

In the past the game randomly selected races for the historical players, which ended up being even weirder as no one pretty much ever ended up having their correct race.

This way at at least the majority of players over the course of history have the correct race, even if many are still incorrect.
Lukas Berger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:04 AM   #13
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

The 1919 Houston Buffalos are missing Curt Walker, LF, who played in the majors for several years and led off for Houston on Opening Day.
Edit: Please disregard. He got 1 AB for the Yankees, and he's over there.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis

Last edited by swampdragon; 03-19-2016 at 08:11 AM.
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 08:32 AM   #14
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritze View Post
Dennys Gomez is a career minor leaguer who got promoted. It is supposed to be able to happen. He has no MLB ID in the db so I do not know where this is coming from.

Chris Gomez is a real MLB player. He does have an MLB ID.

They both have MiLB ID's but just one each.
Perhaps this is a program import bug instead of a db error then? Should I post this in the game bugs forum?
Old 03-19-2016, 09:41 AM   #15
Bigrod
OOTP Stats Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoiles View Post
Perhaps this is a program import bug instead of a db error then? Should I post this in the game bugs forum?
Nope ...if it was a bug, it should be happening for a lot more players than this. At least that's the way I see it...just let us know if you find more instances such as these..that'll be a huge help.
Thanks
Bigrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:48 AM   #16
swampdragon
Hall Of Famer

But the 1919 Houston Buffalos really are missing their Opening Day starter, Henry (Lindy) Hiett, who went 18-15 for Houston in 1919, according to the Marshall Wright book. His batting stats are in BB-Ref, but not his pitching stats.

I have discovered that anyone who played in the majors may be hiding out on the parent team, so as a general hint, check there first.
“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies." -- C.S. Lewis

Last edited by swampdragon; 03-19-2016 at 09:49 AM.
swampdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 10:42 AM   #17
Hoiles
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrod View Post
Nope ...if it was a bug, it should be happening for a lot more players than this. At least that's the way I see it...just let us know if you find more instances such as these..that'll be a huge help.
Thanks
Thanks, I'll do that. Though I suspect that Chris and Dennys' birthdays being in the same month and year may have something to do with the faulty import.
Old 03-19-2016, 11:52 AM   #18
SeanBerry
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Hey guys. Great work as always but noticed a few things with 1995 historical season I started.

Guys with initials in their names like T.J. Mathews were appearing twice. One with the periods in the name and one without so you have these guys in the same bullpen for instance:

TJ Mathews
T. J. Mathews

This happened with a couple other initial guys as well but NOT B.J. Surhoff for some reason.

Also, 2 120 year old Pete O'Brien's popped up as an active players for the Cubs.

But the oddest one was Bobby Jones was on the Rockies but it was a clone of Chipper Jones. So it had Chipper's Real lifetime stats in the profile and what you'd expect from Chipper's (played 3B, not a pitcher). Obviously this made the Rockies instantly much better.

Finally the star system was kinda screwed up too. I play 1-20 (not 20-80) and the stars you see when you look at the profile would inflate guys (or deflate guys) to get them closer to 2 or 3 stars but she you clicked on Scouting Report, you'd see the real star rating. For example Ron Darling had a star rating of 2 when you hovered over his name or clicked on his profile but if you went to Scouting Report, it showed you he was a 1 (which he should be).
SeanBerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 12:02 PM   #19
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

This has been fixed.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:13 PM   #20
Spritze
OOTP Historical Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampdragon View Post
But the 1919 Houston Buffalos really are missing their Opening Day starter, Henry (Lindy) Hiett, who went 18-15 for Houston in 1919, according to the Marshall Wright book. His batting stats are in BB-Ref, but not his pitching stats.

I have discovered that anyone who played in the majors may be hiding out on the parent team, so as a general hint, check there first.
He is in my game in 1918 but since we only use BBref and they have no pitching record for him in 1919 he won't appear as a Pitcher. No books have been consulted in the creation of this database. "Inside of a dog it's too dark to read"