Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 17 > OOTP 17 - Technical Support > Bug Reports Forum

Bug Reports Forum Post bug reports here please!

Old 04-14-2016, 10:09 AM   #81
The Game
Hall Of Famer

colors are not saving after I install a logo with a color code. This is happening often in this league on 17. This is the 3rd time i reinstalled the logo and the team page color is not changing. After I reinstall the Lakers logo the color will fix itself.
Attached Images
Image Image Image 
Don't bottle your emotions till they crack and fill a couple just sorrows
Take your mind and refocus go get a paper write your goals out
Throw your middle fingers to all your haters

"Stay Strong"

The Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 08:37 PM   #82
curt
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandmann76 View Post
Still happens after the latest patch. Is this bug known by the devs?
This happens to me since the release of OOTP 17.
curt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:22 AM   #83
dcd111
Minors (Double A)

At least one of the "Did you know?" facts is almost certainly not true. I don't have the exact wording in front of me, but it says that Johnny Plessey batted .331 for the 1891 Cleveland Spiders with a lacquered rolled up copy of the Toledo Dispatch. Searching around the web, I see this in a lot of places where baseball trivia and "strange facts" are listed, worded almost exactly the same way as each other, but none of these seem to be the origin of the "fact" or link to any other reference to it. Looking it up quickly on Baseball Reference there was no such player on the 1891 Spiders, nor is there any player by that name in their database. Also, that average would have put him second in the National League in 1891, and he's not listed with the league leaders. Even without any research, it seems pretty far-fetched and sounds more like something a marketing guy made up to emphasize how many pages are in the Toledo Dispatch.

EDIT: Since there are probably several factoids like this that were taken at face value (I know the developers don't have the time to fact-check this sort of thing, understandably), maybe there should be a thread in this forum for these items, where people who want to research them can let the developers know when an apparent fact isn't really a fact.

Last edited by dcd111; 04-15-2016 at 11:24 AM.
dcd111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 04:10 PM   #84
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd111 View Post
At least one of the "Did you know?" facts is almost certainly not true. I don't have the exact wording in front of me, but it says that Johnny Plessey batted .331 for the 1891 Cleveland Spiders with a lacquered rolled up copy of the Toledo Dispatch. Searching around the web, I see this in a lot of places where baseball trivia and "strange facts" are listed, worded almost exactly the same way as each other, but none of these seem to be the origin of the "fact" or link to any other reference to it. Looking it up quickly on Baseball Reference there was no such player on the 1891 Spiders, nor is there any player by that name in their database. Also, that average would have put him second in the National League in 1891, and he's not listed with the league leaders. Even without any research, it seems pretty far-fetched and sounds more like something a marketing guy made up to emphasize how many pages are in the Toledo Dispatch.

EDIT: Since there are probably several factoids like this that were taken at face value (I know the developers don't have the time to fact-check this sort of thing, understandably), maybe there should be a thread in this forum for these items, where people who want to research them can let the developers know when an apparent fact isn't really a fact.
"Did you know?" can either be from hints.txt or from your own league's history. In this case, it's hints.txt that provides the line.

As no 1891 Spider batted over .289 and no player named Johnny Plessey exists, I assume this is Electric Boog Alou part 2. This joke page lists it along with several other obvious falsehoods.

REQUEST: OOTP should clearly identify in-game stats instead of using "Did you know?" to prevent further confusion.
bwburke94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 05:19 PM   #85
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcd111 View Post

Never heard of him either
https://www.google.com/search?q=John...utf-8&oe=utf-8

"Stay Strong"

Old 04-15-2016, 07:29 PM   #86
dcd111
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwburke94 View Post
REQUEST: OOTP should clearly identify in-game stats instead of using "Did you know?" to prevent further confusion.
I second this request.
dcd111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 11:56 PM   #87
BKL
All Star Reserve

"Date of Standings" get's cut off in larger font sizes

I noticed the top of the words "Date of Standings" get's cut off if you use any of the font sizes larger than normal.
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2016, 07:23 AM   #88
The Game
Hall Of Famer

Haven't Played the ASG Yet

So why would I get Nielson ratings of a game that is to be played today? This should come out the day after the ASG not the day of.
Attached Images

"Stay Strong"

Old 04-17-2016, 08:55 AM   #89
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
So why would I get Nielson ratings of a game that is to be played today? This should come out the day after the ASG not the day of.
Also, it should be limited to US-only and 1951 or later, if it isn't already.
Old 04-18-2016, 06:16 AM   #90
Sandmann76
Minors (Rookie Ball)

I noticed that for players that move from one league to another (AL to NL or vice versa) during the season, the hitting streak gets shown for both leagues on the stats on the standing screen.

In my game an AL player got claimed of waivers by a NL team. His hitting streak started when he was already with the NL team, still it counted on the AL stats as well.
Sandmann76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 09:18 AM   #91
Steve509
Minors (Double A)

In 3D mode, when the Cubs come off the field they currently head to the first base dugout. They should be going to third base side dugout instead. I know there's a few other teams that have their home dugout on the third base side.

Not a super urgent fix or anything(just for realism), but it does drive me nuts at times. I would suggest maybe toggling an option for which teams want to have their dugout on the first or third base side. That way it can be a feature for custom leagues.
Old 04-18-2016, 09:23 AM   #92
Steve509
Minors (Double A)

Also another bug/error is in the history index when searching through the drafted players you do not see the "light purple" for player who didn't have any Major League experience. This issue is only is when you use the dark OOTP skin.
Old 04-19-2016, 01:45 AM   #93
vegaspomeranians
Minors (Double A)

Draft order is wrong. The nationals should have back to back picks in the first round. It looks like the draft order was set before the Ian Desmond signing.
vegaspomeranians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 09:48 PM   #94
BKL
All Star Reserve

"Date of Standings" cut off with larger font

Under the standings screen, the words "DATE OF STANDINGS" is cut off on top if you use a larger font size, anything larger than the normal setting.
BKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:47 AM   #95
phillyguy73
Bat Boy

Walk off....strikeout?

I had my first walk off home run of my OOTP17 adventure, and the game summary said that the "clutch" at bat was a strike out. I don't normally pay too much attention to the game summary, but I found it a bit amusing.

Attached Images
Image Image 

Last edited by phillyguy73; 04-25-2016 at 12:13 PM. Reason: screen capture didn't upload
phillyguy73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:02 PM   #96
BM_Dawn
Bat Boy

I just had a game where one of my players had a 5 hit game, and the game summary covered this but also mentioned that our team lost 5-4. Thing is, we actually won 5-4! Wish I had saved a screenshot before rewriting the summary..
BM_Dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 12:42 PM   #97
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

The draft round in which a player has been drafted and signed seems to be stored in a single byte, which overflows after 256 rounds and displays players taken in the 257th round as being picked in the first round and so on.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...ft-glitch.html

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 06:16 PM   #98
bwburke94
Hall Of Famer

AI issue:

The AI should be coded to always delay the pitcher's spot as long as possible when making multiple defensive substitutions, provided that a pitcher's spot exists. Right now, the pitcher stays in the same spot if the other substituted player was a PH/PR.
Old 04-27-2016, 07:02 PM   #99
JaBurns
All Star Starter

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but I am playing a historical league with minors and when a team is eliminated from the pennant race it will say something like "has never made the playoffs in x years." Then the next sentence will say " has won x championships." I would think that you would have to make the playoffs to win a championship.
JaBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 11:23 PM   #100
sol_phenom
Minors (Rookie Ball)

Not sure if this is worthy of its own thread.

But Netherlands Antilles is no longer a country.

All the players in the game from Netherlands Antilles are either from Curacao, Sint Maarten, or technically from the Netherlands (if they're from Bonaire, Sint Eustatius, or Saba). Even if, for simplistic reasons, one were to keep Bonaire, Sint Eustatius, and Saba as "Netherlands Antilles", certain standout players such as Johnathan Schoop, Kenley Jansen, Jurickson Profar, and Andrelton Simmons are actually from Curacao (which is identified as its own country in the database) and not "Netherlands Antilles"/ the municipalities now under Netherlands.

Info here

Last edited by sol_phenom; 04-28-2016 at 04:46 PM.
sol_phenom is offline   Reply With Quote