Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP Update 20.6 - OOTP 20 Available - FHM 6 Available

FHM 6 Available Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Discover the new amazing online league competition & card collecting mode of OOTP!

Old 09-26-2018, 12:42 AM   #21
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 182x in 95 posts
Thanks for all the info so far!

A few more under-the-hood data geekery questions that came to mind:

Of the ~1,200 historical cards available, what is the rarity/quality % breakdown (regular, bronze, etc.)? What is the current rarity/quality % breakdown of 2018 Live cards (understanding that this will shift over time)?

How exactly do the pack statistics work (or are they still being refined during beta)?

Any other economic balance data we should have, as informed customers?

...cooooould we get a peek at some of the cards we're going to salivate over most? A couple of Diamond cards perhaps, maybe even a Perfect?? My vote for 'first reveal to build hype' is Ichiro's 'Rookie Sensation' card, or Mariano's best incarnation! (I know Mariano's not a Mariner, but closers rock, and he's the best; wait, maybe I change my vote to Edwin Diaz's Live 2018 card...) I'm guessing of course, but those have got to exist, and are probably Diamond or Perfect, right?

Looks like a well-designed game mode, excited to try it out

[Obviously this all comes into play once it goes live, not during beta, so feel free to ignore/respond to these as 'irrelevant for the FAQ right now, to be answered later.' I understand completely!]
el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 04:56 AM   #22
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Thanked 39,796x in 6,163 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by el_gringo View Post
Thanks for all the info so far!

A few more under-the-hood data geekery questions that came to mind:

Of the ~1,200 historical cards available, what is the rarity/quality % breakdown (regular, bronze, etc.)? What is the current rarity/quality % breakdown of 2018 Live cards (understanding that this will shift over time)?

How exactly do the pack statistics work (or are they still being refined during beta)?

Any other economic balance data we should have, as informed customers?

...cooooould we get a peek at some of the cards we're going to salivate over most? A couple of Diamond cards perhaps, maybe even a Perfect?? My vote for 'first reveal to build hype' is Ichiro's 'Rookie Sensation' card, or Mariano's best incarnation! (I know Mariano's not a Mariner, but closers rock, and he's the best; wait, maybe I change my vote to Edwin Diaz's Live 2018 card...) I'm guessing of course, but those have got to exist, and are probably Diamond or Perfect, right?

Looks like a well-designed game mode, excited to try it out

[Obviously this all comes into play once it goes live, not during beta, so feel free to ignore/respond to these as 'irrelevant for the FAQ right now, to be answered later.' I understand completely!]
Regarding the breakdown of bronze/silver etc. between cards, I cannot comment on that yet because we will likely tweak this during the closed beta. Same for the other info.

About who's diamond / perfect etc, I won't spoil the surprise, you'll have to find out yourself.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
el_gringo (09-26-2018)
Old 09-27-2018, 12:54 AM   #23
Hurricane75
Bat Boy

Thanked 4x in 2 posts
Two questions - One, do you have to manage games in order to get the achievements for points? I've never managed games because I like to focus on the GM only aspect, but I might start if it's the only way to get points.
And second, does team budget get taken into account for difficulty (and gaining points)? It'd be much easier for me to play as, say, the Yankees, and get all the high ranked free agents compared to playing as a team with a 28th ranked budget and having to constantly replace stars. Playing with a team with a higher budget would allow me to get more points than a constantly replacing team. I only play as expansion teams, so it doesn't necessarily affect me as much as it would a person who is used to playing as a large market team, but it would influence my decisions later on.

Last edited by Hurricane75; 09-27-2018 at 12:57 AM.
Hurricane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2018, 06:04 AM   #24
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane75 View Post
Two questions - One, do you have to manage games in order to get the achievements for points?
No, managing individual games is not an option, it's simulation only.

Quote:
And second, does team budget get taken into account for difficulty (and gaining points)?
No, there is no financial system in PT leagues, so there is no budget / player contracts etc. All teams are equal.
Old 09-27-2018, 02:57 PM   #25
Hurricane75
Bat Boy

Thanked 4x in 2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
No, managing individual games is not an option, it's simulation only.

No, there is no financial system in PT leagues, so there is no budget / player contracts etc. All teams are equal.
I meant for both questions to be in challenge mode - managing games in challenge mode for achievements and different team budgets in challenge mode.
Old 09-27-2018, 03:07 PM   #26
Orcin
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 7,965x in 3,876 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane75 View Post
I meant for both questions to be in challenge mode - managing games in challenge mode for achievements and different team budgets in challenge mode.
Some achievements can only be earned while actively managing the game. Budgets are irrelevant for achievements, except the achievement for winning with a small budget.

My Fictional Dynasty: Orcin's Story ; The Sequel: Orcin Returns ; The Conclusion: Orcin's Brave New World
Orcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Markus Heinsohn (09-28-2018)
Old 09-27-2018, 09:36 PM   #27
jpeters1734
Hall Of Famer

Thanked 2,130x in 1,218 posts
Is this going to turn into the "preferred" online mode? Meaning, are traditional online leagues going to see less development and attention?
Old 09-27-2018, 09:44 PM   #28
pgjocki
All Star Reserve

Thanked 376x in 247 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
Is this going to turn into the "preferred" online mode? Meaning, are traditional online leagues going to see less development and attention?
I don't think so because it won't have the same target audience; at least in my eyes.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2018, 03:05 AM   #29
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpeters1734 View Post
The two modes have nothing to do with each other in terms of development time distribution, so the answer is no.
Old 09-29-2018, 12:15 AM   #30
drewandpedey
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 18x in 14 posts
Do you have to be playing the game for a simulation to run, or will it do so automatically, even if the application isnt open?
drewandpedey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2018, 01:50 AM   #31
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Thanked 204x in 128 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewandpedey View Post
Do you have to be playing the game for a simulation to run, or will it do so automatically, even if the application isnt open?
It will run automatically. They are not going to expect us to all have our computers on and logged in 14 hours a day.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
Markus Heinsohn (09-29-2018)
Old 09-29-2018, 03:49 AM   #32
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by krownroyal83 View Post
It will run automatically. They are not going to expect us to all have our computers on and logged in 14 hours a day.
Right. Simulations will run on our servers automatically.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:36 PM   #33
AdamD
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 19x in 15 posts
Will there be a "pity timer" on getting the higher quality cards from packs? For example if the pity timer was set at 50 packs for a diamond card you would automatically get a diamond card in your next pack if you hadn't received a diamond card in your last 49 packs.
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Thank you for this post:
el_gringo (10-02-2018)
Old 10-02-2018, 03:39 AM   #34
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
Will there be a "pity timer" on getting the higher quality cards from packs? For example if the pity timer was set at 50 packs for a diamond card you would automatically get a diamond card in your next pack if you hadn't received a diamond card in your last 49 packs.
No.
2 thanks for this post:
el_gringo (10-02-2018), spartacus007 (10-02-2018)
Old 10-03-2018, 03:14 PM   #35
Yarideki
Minors (Double A)

Thanked 39x in 28 posts
Markus,
On the topic of user safety, are there any tools in place to prevent/report griefers (such as teams with offensive names, logos, locations, etc) and if so, how are these tools handled on your end? Can a user opt out of viewing other user uploaded content such as team logos and instead view one of OOTP's default generated placeholder logos for teams?
Old 10-03-2018, 10:42 PM   #36
Hoiles
Major Leagues

Thanked 108x in 62 posts
Never got into these types of modes in the EA games but this looks pretty fun. Looking forward to trying it out.

Though, will there be any changes to the gameplay and/or rosters from the solo game to accompany the perfect team updates?
Hoiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:45 PM   #37
Bluehead
Bat Boy

Thanked 1x in 1 post
1. Regarding the park factors, will they be influenced by the stadium size?

2. Will altitude play a role in the park factors? If so, will we be able to choose a physical location for the stadium?

3. Will players be able to learn new positions by gaining experience as the season progresses? (Assuming they have the necesarry stats, the new position would require)

Last edited by Bluehead; 10-04-2018 at 03:47 PM.
Bluehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:27 AM   #38
AdamD
Minors (Single A)

Thanked 19x in 15 posts
Will we see some game play video before it hits open beta later this month?
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 11:54 AM   #39
el_gringo
Minors (Triple A)

Thanked 182x in 95 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehead View Post
3. Will players be able to learn new positions by gaining experience as the season progresses? (Assuming they have the necesarry stats, the new position would require)
Very good question, this would be a nice ability to have. It would make make the rosters feel more 'real' and flexible.
el_gringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 02:54 PM   #40
krownroyal83
All Star Reserve

Thanked 204x in 128 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehead View Post
Will players be able to learn new positions by gaining experience as the season progresses? (Assuming they have the necesarry stats, the new position would require)
I would assume no if player development is turned off although i could be wrong.
krownroyal83 is offline   Reply With Quote