Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 19 > Perfect Team > PT Bug Reports Forum
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

PT Bug Reports Forum Have a Perfect Team bug to report? Please post here.

Old 02-24-2019, 02:55 AM   #1
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Once again, your playoff algorithm is trash. How many times must this happen?

Really tired of making threads at the end of the season because you guys can't get the playoffs right. First, you decide in elimination games that you can have the AI completely ignore our instructions and pitch anyone it wants whenever it feels like it. Lost 2 series b/c it brought in a starter even though I specifically said no. That was fun. Then there was the season with 22 teams where we had the best record in our conference and the engine decided our postseason opponent was...the team with the best record in the other conference. Cool.

Now this season -- we sweep our last 4 games vs the 1st WC team to be, hugely exciting as this brings us to a 3-way tie for the last WC spot.

According to THIS OFFICIAL SITE, we would be AT WORST the 2nd of the 3 teams tied, if not #1 of the 3.

This is borne out by the standings at the end of game 162:

AND our head to head records vs these two teams as seen here:

Somehow though, the game decided we didn't get to play anymore. Our season was over.

NOW...it isn't that you can't handle 3 way ties...clearly you can...just look at the other conference!

They had a 3 way tie for both WC slots (all 3 teams at 92-70 at the end of the season, no clear 1st WC like in my situation). As it happened, Chernobyl lost both the initial game and the 2nd game, so they are out, which is as it should be. On the other hand, my team is out without having played another game at all...

Honestly...with the amount of money that is spent on perfect team, how hard is it to code this? It's really a buzzkill when this happens season after season after season. I don't expect a guaranteed playoff spot, but it would be nice to at least get to play for it...

CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 05:21 AM   #2
PhysicsTeacher
Minors (Single A)

As the other principal running the Lake Monroe Doctrine, I completely support all of this post. How hard can it be to recognize a 3-way tie? We are owed some sort of reparations for your ongoing incompetence, but I'm confident that that will not occur. You'll just take our money and mumble something about getting it right next time, which clearly won't happen.
PhysicsTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2019, 01:13 PM   #3
justpatrick
Major Leagues

The AI screwed up my pitching as well, in the divisional series. I wanted to go with my number three starter, Grover Alexander, who had the hot hand and instead it started my number one. I won´t go so far as to say it cost me the series, but it totally ruined my strategy.
justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:44 AM   #4
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyWR View Post
Honestly...with the amount of money that is spent on perfect team, how hard is it to code this?
Unfortunately it is indeed very hard. We managed to pull it off in OOTP 20, these issues should be a thing of the past there. Of course, this does not help OOTP 19 now (moving the new code there is impossible), but it's at least something...
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 02:45 AM   #5
Markus Heinsohn
Developer OOTP

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpatrick View Post
The AI screwed up my pitching as well, in the divisional series. I wanted to go with my number three starter, Grover Alexander, who had the hot hand and instead it started my number one. I won´t go so far as to say it cost me the series, but it totally ruined my strategy.
Did you set the rotation to "strict" and the next starter to #3? Then this would not have happened.
Markus Heinsohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 08:13 AM   #6
CrazyWR
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Unfortunately it is indeed very hard. We managed to pull it off in OOTP 20, these issues should be a thing of the past there. Of course, this does not help OOTP 19 now (moving the new code there is impossible), but it's at least something...
thats good to hear. Disappointing that it isn't fixable in this game.
CrazyWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 12:10 PM   #7
justpatrick
Major Leagues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn View Post
Did you set the rotation to "strict" and the next starter to #3? Then this would not have happened.
I don´t remember if it was on strict or strict occasionally most rested, but for sure I chose the number three starter and submitted my team.
justpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote