Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-28-2020, 04:23 PM   #1
Sin44
Minors (Single A)

Recommended Modifiers for batters / pitchers

I see that some online leagues run with the following modifiers:

Batter Regression .850
Batter Progression 1.149

Pitcher Regression - .800
Pitcher Progression 1.210

Does anyone use good modifiers or know how this overall effects stats down the line?
Sin44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:34 PM   #2
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Do you mean Player Aging and Player Development?
Bluenoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 04:36 PM   #3
Sin44
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenoser View Post
Do you mean Player Aging and Player Development?
Yes sorry
Old 03-28-2020, 04:42 PM   #4
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Personally I always thought it was counter intuitive to rush youngsters while slowing veterans.

Seems to me that eventually you'll create a bit of a log jam with young players in AAA chomping at the bit to play in the majors but can't get called up because older players are hanging around longer.

I always leave my development set at default and lower aging only a very slight bit. I get a few guys playing into their early 40's, but not many.

Everyone will have their own preference of course.
Old 03-28-2020, 04:44 PM   #5
Sin44
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Personally I always thought it was counter intuitive to rush youngsters while slowing veterans.

Seems to me that eventually you'll create a bit of a log jam with young players in AAA chomping at the bit to play in the majors but can't get called up because older players are hanging around longer.

I always leave my development set at default and lower aging only a very slight bit. I get a few guys playing into their early 40's, but not many.

Nice! What modifier number do you use for that ?
Old 03-28-2020, 05:12 PM   #6
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

It sound like that would happen on paper but it doesn’t go down that way. The game already favors younger players over old guys by default. That’s why you see managers & GM’s prefer vets rating always at max. Also the reason why you see threads about how the manager benched a all star vet over a rookie. Setting the aging/development together in a rubber band effect actually balances the game more.

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 03-28-2020 at 05:16 PM.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:24 PM   #7
itsmb8
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
It sound like that would happen on paper but it doesn’t go down that way. The game already favors younger players over old guys by default. That’s why you see managers & GM’s prefer vets rating always at max. Also the reason why you see threads about how the manager benched a all star vet over a rookie. Setting the aging/development together in a rubber band effect actually balances the game more.
I always thought this too, although I never tested it. I always figured the older players would be pushed out either way, they would just have a bit more in the tank in case they went to another team, or would play in AAA or an independent league.
itsmb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 05:27 PM   #8
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Recommended Modifiers for batters / pitchers

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsmb8 View Post
I always thought this too, although I never tested it. I always figured the older players would be pushed out either way, they would just have a bit more in the tank in case they went to another team, or would play in AAA or an independent league.

The better older players usually stick around. Instead of falling off a steep decline curve

In short, it reduces the steep decline curve and make prospects develop at modern rates (23, 24 instead of 25, 26)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by SirMichaelJordan; 03-28-2020 at 05:29 PM.
Old 03-28-2020, 05:37 PM   #9
Bluenoser
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirMichaelJordan View Post
I see, so what would you recommend for settings?
Old 03-28-2020, 05:39 PM   #10
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I see, so what would you recommend for settings?

I’m currently at .900 for aging (both pitcher/batter) 1.100 for development (batter/pitcher)

Im thinking about going 1.200 | .800

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-28-2020, 08:52 PM   #11
greenOak
Minors (Triple A)

Honestly, I use the default settings for both. Even with 1.000 development speed if anything there are more 21 and unders in the majors than in real life. With default settings this is what my current (fictional but with MLB settings) league looks like:

20: 2
21: 8
22: 29
23: 45
24: 72
25: 77
26: 85
27: 95
28: 101
29: 56
30: 57
31: 44
32: 49
33: 34
34: 27
35: 21
36: 16
37: 8
38: 3
39: 4
40: 1

Seems pretty reasonable to me. Maybe a little thin in the 38+ range, but all in all pretty good.
greenOak is offline   Reply With Quote