Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Out of the Park Baseball 21 > OOTP 21 - General Discussions

OOTP 21 - General Discussions Everything about the brand new version of Out of the Park Baseball - officially licensed by MLB and the MLBPA.

Old 03-26-2020, 07:42 PM   #1
Fronzizzle
Minors (Double A)

Are all trade offers garbage?

I just simmed through my first season, and I have a question.

Throughout the season, I received somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 trade offers, and each and everyone was complete trash. I'm playing as the Tigers so I'm rebuilding, and almost every proposed deal had the other team offer me a typical 4A-type player, someone older that wasn't very good in return for a similar player from my team, plus one of my top prospects (Greene, Manning, Mize, Parades, etc.).

In previous versions of the game, I never thought the trade proposals were great but at least I would get some that would make me consider or at least look into but these were just awful, and laughable. No GM in their right mind would make nor accept an offer like this.
Fronzizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 07:43 PM   #2
progen
All Star Starter

Infractions: 0/1 (1)
Pretty much, yes.
progen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2020, 08:23 PM   #3
joejccva71
Minors (Double A)

This game doesn't give you a realistic trade simulation. Every trade offer is something that managers in real life would absolutely laugh at.

I'm used to it over the years.
joejccva71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:05 AM   #4
wodi
All Star Reserve

Anyway to reduce the amount of cpu trade offers?
wodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:39 AM   #5
wallewalls
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
Just turn off the setting that disables autoplay and gives you an alert when you get a trade offer. I think it's under manager settings
wallewalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:55 AM   #6
PocketsAintFull
All Star Starter

Once in a while I do get something interesting.
Old 03-27-2020, 07:55 AM   #7
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Yeah, pretty much. I've negotiated some into better offers but the Trade AI is pretty much as bad as it was last year.

Also, has anyone ever had an opposing GM say "I'll have to think about that offer" and actually say yes? I cant think of an instance where I did.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

http://www.medicsbk.com

The Sports Medic
AlpineSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:08 AM   #8
jumpin_james
Minors (Single A)

I absolutely love this game, but this is one area of OOTP Baseball that needs to be addressed by the devs. Trading (especially around the July 31 deadline) is a HUGE component of being a MLB GM. The constant barrage of trash trades and the AI’s refusal to accept very reasonable offers from the human player is frustrating. Yes, I know you can force trades through with Commissioner Mode, but that doesn’t feel authentic and you can never truly tell if you are making reasonable offers or ripping off the AI franchises.
jumpin_james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:26 AM   #9
nutt
OOTP Roster Team

I've had some really crappy offers but I feel its who you make available, unavailable, and on the block determines the offers.

I can say if I put somebody "on the block," the odds are 10:1 that I'm getting a good offer.

All in all, I can say some I laugh at, others I will open for discussion and see what I can get in the trade to determine if I want to make a deal.
BIG WORLD for OOTP22: WinRAR File ZIP file
My Custom Schedules

nutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:29 AM   #10
Tumbi
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineSK View Post
Also, has anyone ever had an opposing GM say "I'll have to think about that offer" and actually say yes? I cant think of an instance where I did.

You mean in OOTP21 or other versions as well? Happens once in a while atleast in last year's version and the settings I used were hard/very hard and heavily favoring prospects.
Tumbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:36 AM   #11
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumbi View Post
You mean in OOTP21 or other versions as well? Happens once in a while atleast in last year's version and the settings I used were hard/very hard and heavily favoring prospects.
Most versions... Full disclosure though, I kind of stopped those offers before they went through for that reason.

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 03-27-2020, 08:39 AM   #12
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi View Post
You can set players that you have no plan of trading to “unavailable” and you can set team needs to filter the type of players that are offered to you.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 08:44 AM   #13
BIG17EASY
Hall Of Famer

I haven't gotten deep into 21 yet, but I just got an offer on 20 the other day that worked out for me. I had my no. 2 SP go on the disabled list for six weeks and got an offer for a back-of-the-rotation type veteran and the other team wanted three mid-level prospects. I clicked to discuss the trade, reduced it to giving up just the best of the three prospects (still not a top 100 guy) and the other team accepted that trade.

TLDR - I've received offers that led to trades that were slightly different than the original offer.
BIG17EASY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:12 AM   #14
ForeverRoyalKC
All Star Starter

I have seen my share of frustration with trades and went into Commissioner Mode to pull off a trade. Any of you actually get attitude with the AI and think to yourself "Oh, bull@#!$!" while you went to Commissioner Mode yourself?
ForeverRoyalKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:14 AM   #15
AlpineSK
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoyalKC View Post
I have seen my share of frustration with trades and went into Commissioner Mode to pull off a trade. Any of you actually get attitude with the AI and think to yourself "Oh, bull@#!$!" while you went to Commissioner Mode yourself?
And here's a bigger question: what is the biggest AI to AI blockbuster trade that anyone has seen, or do players for the most part make their major moves via Free Agency?

2013 Boston Red Sox

Or my blogs:

The Sports Medic
Old 03-27-2020, 10:40 AM   #16
Twisted_Krakken
Bat Boy

Quote:
Yeah, pretty much. I've negotiated some into better offers but the Trade AI is pretty much as bad as it was last year.

I have had multiple instances where they accept after thinking about it. More times than not it is declined, but it does happen here an there.
Twisted_Krakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:44 AM   #17
Twisted_Krakken
Bat Boy

I feel I get less trashy offers as often if I set my team needs an set the quality to those team needs to at least "Average". Also if you get offered players you would most likely will never want, right click the offered player an set trade status to "Not interested". An make players you have no interest in trading to untouchable. These things can all help to get less offers in general/get a little bit better quality offers. An I play on Very Hard/Neutral Settings.Also remember During Winter Meetings is a good time to try an make trades happen. GMs are more open to trading.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:46 AM   #18
Twisted_Krakken
Bat Boy

I also set AI Trade frequency to Low. I find too many trades happen at Default setting.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:59 AM   #19
blink
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
And here's a bigger question: what is the biggest AI to AI blockbuster trade that anyone has seen, or do players for the most part make their major moves via Free Agency?

I'm still playing 20 but the biggest AI to AI trade I've seen so far is Javy Baez to the Dodgers for Corey Seager.

Strasburg signed with the Red Sox in 2020 offseason but they traded him away a year later.
blink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:59 AM   #20
SirMichaelJordan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted_Krakken View Post
I also set AI Trade frequency to Low. I find too many trades happen at Default setting.
Just a FYI, the highest trade setting is still less trades than actual reality.
SirMichaelJordan is offline   Reply With Quote