Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 > Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion

Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion Talk about the latest FHM, officially licensed by the NHL!

Old 02-10-2018, 12:45 AM   #1
emcee143
Bat Boy

Unable to become GM/Head Coach after firing head coach

I started a season out as Head Coach/GM. For some reason, I wasn't able to hire any coach due to their "demand being too high". I decided to edit a coach's salary and chose them to be on my team. In doing so, it took away my ability to choose myself to be the one that sets the lineups. (I still wanted the assistant's help for certain teams, but I was mainly interested in getting certain player's more ice time). I noticed that I am not able to click on the Action Menu where I would normally be able to release the coach. After deleting their salary and making them a free agent for a quick second, the game did not reassign me as the HC.

Did I do something to cause this? Is there a workaround for: being able to set the lineups still (commish mode on), firing the HC with no Actions Menu, and becoming HC again after the firing?

Thanks guys
emcee143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 05:35 AM   #2
JeffR
FHM Producer

Once you've added a head coach, that sets you to GM-only mode, where the lineup selection is up to the coach, so that part is working as intended. But when you attempted to release him, was there no option at all, was the option there but greyed out, or was it there but did the owner refused to allow the firing? Something may have gone wrong with resetting you to the GM/HC job due to the editing (which is what should have happened after you removed the coach), but I want to see if I can replicate the exact sequence you got.
JeffR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:45 AM   #3
emcee143
Bat Boy

Thanks for the help. Its greyed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffR View Post
Once you've added a head coach, that sets you to GM-only mode, where the lineup selection is up to the coach, so that part is working as intended. But when you attempted to release him, was there no option at all, was the option there but greyed out, or was it there but did the owner refused to allow the firing? Something may have gone wrong with resetting you to the GM/HC job due to the editing (which is what should have happened after you removed the coach), but I want to see if I can replicate the exact sequence you got.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:15 AM   #4
JeffR
FHM Producer

OK, looks like there's a bug there when the head coach is edited off a team with no replacement, but I can't seem to replicate the part where a coach you've edited onto the team isn't releasable. Could you upload the save so we can have a look at it and figure out what exactly's gone wrong there? Instructions are here.
Old 02-13-2018, 02:51 AM   #5
emcee143
Bat Boy

Uploaded.

Thank you again.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:33 AM   #6
JeffR
FHM Producer

Got it, thanks. Looks like there's something going wrong with the Action menu on the coach's screen, so we'll have to get that fixed. But you can still release him from the personnel screen - if you go there, then right-click on Boudreau's name in the "Los Angeles Staff" section in the middle, the release option there works.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:39 AM   #7
emcee143
Bat Boy

Thanks for the update. 2 more questions:
-When I tried to hire a coach/new coach, was it budget reasons why no one would sign because their demand was too high?
-Is there any consideration making a Legacy Mode like in OOTP where users are able to override the coach's lineup decisions? For instance, I really don't like Nash playing on the 3rd and 4th line while Clifford and Lewis get 2nd and 3rd line minutes.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:26 AM   #8
JeffR
FHM Producer

May have been budget reasons, what's the balance showing on your staff budget (Finances screen, lowest box in the centre column, last line.)

Nothing definite right now about an override mode, but I think we're going to have to take a look at the way coaching/assistant options work in FHM5.
Old 11-06-2020, 05:24 AM   #9
emcee143
Bat Boy

Hi! I just wanted to follow up on this. Was there ever an addition to FHM6 for a type of legacy mode similar to OOTP? Even though I have a head coach, can I make tweaks to the lines and who to dress? Sorry if this isn't the correct area for this since its FHM6, just wanted to continue this discussion.

Thank you