Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - Online Leagues
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - Online Leagues Want to create or join an OOTP 14 online league? This is the right forum for you.

Old 06-12-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
CJNJDevils
Bat Boy

Online League Questions

Hey all,

I have got a beta league up and I'm running it amongst my friends to see how everything works and what not. So far I have everything working appropriately. We've simmed week by week into May without much problems. In fact, I only have two that I found that have puzzled me.

1) How exactly are trades made? I know I can do them for my team, but since other human GM's aren't commissioners, and I know they are supposed to send their trades in the forums first, how do I go about putting it in for them? Do I have to log into their account and sign them in as a comissioner? That's the only remote way I could think of.

2) Real Time Simulation. I have the real time simulation live on my site. I can see the scores and it refreshed every 30 seconds as I have advertised. However, the box-scores and game logs (even though I have it set to YES, Display) says Error, no such box score or game log found for any live game. I cannot figure this one out.

I love everything about this game, and if I can figure out how to iron out these two kinks, I should know just about everything else in running a successful league after finishing the beta season/playoffs/offseason so I get a feel for that too. Like I said, I have a website/forums and all that up and running, just got to figure out the technicalities of the game now.

Thanks for any and all help. Excited to be on board with you all for the long haul!
CJNJDevils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #2
CJNJDevils
Bat Boy

Just saw elsewhere that the Box Scores/Game Logs could be broken. No matter, that answers my 2nd question

If anyone can help me with understanding the trade process that'd be great!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:24 PM   #3
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

All trades in online league have to be processed by the commissioner, which is the guy running the sims. GM's post and confirm them on the forums, then the commish processes, usually after a sim. However, if lineup/rotation instructions are given clearly, I usually would process the trade pre-sim in my league.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:40 PM   #4
CJNJDevils
Bat Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya View Post
All trades in online league have to be processed by the commissioner, which is the guy running the sims. GM's post and confirm them on the forums, then the commish processes, usually after a sim. However, if lineup/rotation instructions are given clearly, I usually would process the trade pre-sim in my league.
I understand. My problem is, when I go to make a trade for another team when I'm the GM, it says that team needs the 'Act-As' function. Also, can human teams trade with AI teams? Or does each trade have to be forced. For instance, in offline leagues, AI teams mull over decisions and will accept/reject trades appropriately based on their team. Or do they have to be put through, regardless if the AI wants to make the trade or not.

Thank you for the response.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:47 AM   #5
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Once you enable "online" mode, only the commish can open the trades page. So, just to keep things tidy, I created a separate commish manager account that does not run any team. I use that account to run all of the commish duties, which necessitate the use of "act as" to complete trades. When it's time to take care of my own team and organization, I switch to my own manager account and do so.

As for trading with AI teams, my dad and I play an annual continuing league together when he visits my home. I do enable online mode so we can pass the file and his team export via my server, but we both enjoy trading with the AI teams so what we do is login with the commish account, act as our team, and go into the trades page to negotiate. I run the sims on my computer but my dad is able to negotiate with AI teams on his computer at the same time. Once he gets the AI team to agree on a trade, he relays the terms to me and I process his trade on my computer. As long as only one person is the simmer/commish, this works just fine.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote