Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 04-09-2019, 09:28 AM   #101
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpatt75 View Post
Moncada is hitting the crap out of the ball so far. Why didn't his ratings get raised?

Man, y'all forgetting the White Sox exist too?
Tim Anderson got a single point bump currently slashing .517/.533/.793/1.326

With great speed, might see him in Silver soon.

Also this is a great t-shirt is for White Sox fans:
Attached Images
CurlyKarkovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:10 AM   #102
mpatt75
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyKarkovice View Post
Tim Anderson got a single point bump currently slashing .517/.533/.793/1.326

With great speed, might see him in Silver soon.

Also this is a great t-shirt is for White Sox fans:

Please tell me you post on Sox Machine.
mpatt75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:26 AM   #103
CurlyKarkovice
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpatt75 View Post
Please tell me you post on Sox Machine.
I'm was $3 but now a $10 patreon supporter (pint glass coming soon!) and love the site/podcast. I do not post or interact on their page though, mostly post White Sox stuff on twitter.
CurlyKarkovice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 02:42 PM   #104
herbyhancok
Minors (Single A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I do like the concept, the downside to me is that it creates a lot of "feel-bad" moments for players who didn't really do anything wrong. People are nervous to actually use the best players in the game out of fear that any monday they could wake up and see they lost 15K points in value, and mass quick-selling of fringe perfects/diamonds on sunday night takes them out of circulation in the game economy.
I think a solid fix for this might be for the price floors(the quick sell price) of live cards to be the overall average of a range of cards sold over the lifetime of the game.

For instance you go to quick sell a gold live card, the game would give you a quick sell price that is the average of all 76-79 live cards ever sold.

The price floors as is for live cards artificially inflate many of them to the point that they're unsalable. This would possibly help correct that and move the prices more in line with the market.
herbyhancok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 05:59 PM   #105
webdox
Minors (Triple A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurlyKarkovice View Post
I don't want to be a buzzkill but I doubt people are rushing out to get a Live Anthony Rendon for 35k just because his overall moved up 1 point when it can move back down one point next week. Do his abilities moving the one overall point give him that much more value on the field? Flip for a 20k sell now for even 25k auction is an awesome profit for sure.

I only say this because I've seen 2 Rendon Live cards go up this morning for 35k ask and 40k buy now. Lmao
I agree and I don't understand what people are thinking with their asking prices just because he went up to perfect 100...

What I DO know is that yesterday I could only get 6K-7K tops for him in the AH, I can now sell him for 20K. I wish I hadn't sold my duplicate now. This is why it sort of pays to hold onto high rated Diamonds...

My Altuve's dropped from Diamond to Gold so again, players that are on the edge are going to have to be thought about and dealt with on a weekly basis now. Shakes fist at Developers!!!

Buzz, not killed

Last edited by webdox; 04-09-2019 at 06:00 PM.
webdox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 08:15 PM   #106
Mooshimanx
Bat Boy

I still don't understand how it's possible Trevor Bauer lost a point when he's given up 1 hit in 14 IP. I saw the explanation earlier in the thread, but his WHIP is still 0.57 so that's quite odd.

And yeah, players moving between tiers is an interesting game, but it does open up a lot of interesting "playing the AH" options since a player hitting 100 might not actually create a market for those players at Perfect card levels, but it does at least increase their quick sell price. It's a little awkward in it's own way, but it's an interesting wrinkle for us to play with since you could conceivably "bet" on a player to cross a tier threshold and sell a bunch of their cards at a substantially higher price when they get "promoted" a tier.

Last edited by Mooshimanx; 04-11-2019 at 08:21 PM.
Mooshimanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 09:11 PM   #107
chazzycat
All Star Starter

OOTP uses a model like FIP where the ratings are based on strikeouts, walks, and home runs. How many hits a pitcher gives up isn't really part of it.
chazzycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2019, 04:23 PM   #108
thisisdan26
Bat Boy

Domingo German? Surprised to see he's still that low!
thisisdan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 12:14 AM   #109
ThrownOutAtHome
Minors (Triple A)

I have been playing all year and did not know anything about live cards until now. This does add whole new dimension to watching live baseball.
I'm so excited for opening day.
D3Grom for 3 CYs.
ThrownOutAtHome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 12:18 AM   #110
ThrownOutAtHome
Minors (Triple A)

Live Cards in OOTP 20

Can live card stats for cards in OOTP 20 be changed based on the upcoming season?

Either way I'm buying OOTP 21 but I just want to know to see about who I may purchase or sell in OOTP 20.

Thanks for any information in advance-

-ThrownOutAtHome-
Old 02-29-2020, 12:29 AM   #111
FancySkunk
All Star Reserve

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrownOutAtHome View Post
Can live card stats for cards in OOTP 20 be changed based on the upcoming season?

Either way I'm buying OOTP 21 but I just want to know to see about who I may purchase or sell in OOTP 20.

Thanks for any information in advance-

-ThrownOutAtHome-
The cards in 20 stopped updating when the 2020 regular season ended, and will not see further updates for the 2021 season. This also means that no new rookie player cards will be added, and retiring players will not be removed.

Perfect Team 21 will use the live update feature again, however. So at the start of the season, card ratings will be based purely on projections, then as the season goes along will see ratings (except fielding and baserunning) increase or decrease to more and more reflect the players' actual performance.
FancySkunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 04:22 PM   #112
ThrownOutAtHome
Minors (Triple A)

Great news

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancySkunk View Post
The cards in 20 stopped updating when the 2020 regular season ended, and will not see further updates for the 2021 season. This also means that no new rookie player cards will be added, and retiring players will not be removed.

Perfect Team 21 will use the live update feature again, however. So at the start of the season, card ratings will be based purely on projections, then as the season goes along will see ratings (except fielding and baserunning) increase or decrease to more and more reflect the players' actual performance.
That is awesome. Thank you so much for the information.