Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 20 > Perfect Team

Perfect Team Perfect Team 2.0 - The online revolution continues! Battle thousands of PT managers from all over the world and become a legend.

Old 08-20-2019, 10:25 AM   #21
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
2. There needs to be a way to get more historical cards into circulation. It's just too difficult to get usable historical cards except from the AH. I don't know the answer for this, but I feel it's just too stinking difficult to get historical cards from packs. Maybe the answer to this is some sort of "historical pack" that would guarantee one or more non-live cards. I don't know what it'd have to cost but it's something I hope OOTP considers. (granted - perhaps OOTP *likes* the difficulty in obtaining historical cards, since it might drive people to purchase more packs... what the users want isn't always what the business wants!).
My answer is "tournament rewards". Those would wash extra packs / cards into circulation, and with the right set of "you must be this tall / so small" criteria, everybody could have a real shot at a slice of the pie.

That's what the game needs. Tournaments!

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 10:28 AM   #22
dkgo
Hall Of Famer

I sure hope that tournaments put packs into circulation instead of random special cards. Otherwise they are basically just doubling down on missions where specific cards within a category shoot up in price.
dkgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:20 PM   #23
eldur00
All Star Reserve

A pack with an increased chance at a historical player or a pack with a guaranteed historical player would probably do the trick. Give them as tournament rewards and give one to the WS winner. Who cares about the rich getting richer when there's no cards to buy anyway ?
I've been a bit disappointed with the "special packs slot" in general since PT19. Putting the diamond pack there for 2 days every 2-3 months is...not optimal.

Last edited by eldur00; 08-20-2019 at 12:21 PM.
eldur00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:57 PM   #24
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

There are a lot of very good ideas being put forth here. This is very different from how these threads have going on in the past! Hopefully someone’s watching.

“What’s the most you ever lost on a coin toss?”

“Everyone is an atheist until Templars begin marching in the rain.”
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
Society's tolerance for violent criminals is dumbfounding.
"Colonics for EVERYONE!"
Ty Cobb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 12:59 PM   #25
Nero
Minors (Triple A)

To the original idea.....

The biggest thing that the AH does, it take coin out of the economy, with the 10% tax. That's great for OOTP, because it encourages people to buy more points. If you had a trade system, I think you'd have to have the same sort of tiered tax structure to have the same impact, and yes, it really is needed.

The idea of a historical pack would be great, I'd enjoy opening those and getting more historical cards than live ones. Taking that thought to the next level, for accomplishments you recive 1k PP and up, give the points and a pack, that would help more packs to be opened, and more cards ending up on the market.
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 08:07 PM   #26
Findest2001
All Star Reserve

I love the pack only idea. there's no way Im giving the morons my hard earned pp paying %12000 of the last 7 because they have the only card I need for a mission. However, my pack opening is impossible because of issues with animations that the devs have completely ignored. 3 tickets in six weeks and still only one generic response that was not followed up on. And yes I posted in bug reports forum as well as opened tickets in their old AND new ticket system. Their customer service has absolutely tanked on OOTP20. I was really amped for this iteration after well over a decade of playing ootp games, but they've dropped the ball big-time from a customer service standpoint. I really only log in to check my PT records because I can't buy overpriced cards on ah and can't do packs without the game crashing so it's basically useless.
Old 08-20-2019, 09:19 PM   #27
BigRed75
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkgo View Post
I sure hope that tournaments put packs into circulation instead of random special cards. Otherwise they are basically just doubling down on missions where specific cards within a category shoot up in price.
This. I get the allure of special cards, but they will not help the overall game economy more than putting more packs (especially into the hands of people who would not ordinarily purchase packs) would.

And when they give out packs for prizes, it should be meaningful. I'm talking like 10-20 packs, not 1-2.

SPTT team

Was not a Snag fan...until I saw the fallout once he was gone and realized what a good job he was actually doing. - Ty Cobb
BigRed75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 05:47 AM   #28
Westheim
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRed75 View Post
And when they give out packs for prizes, it should be meaningful. I'm talking like 10-20 packs, not 1-2.
I think there's a healthy middle ground somewhere in there, but there'd be a lot to be said about making any sort of reward at least one gold pack.

Resident Mets Cynic - The Mets from 1962 onwards, here.
Westheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 01:48 PM   #29
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Fyi

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGPuppies View Post
I can't remember the last time I got a useful card from packs.
Completed a mission and burned 4K to open 5 packs. Third one I opened had Snell & Kluber. Also picked up 4 mission important cards out of the packs...

It does happen...just not as often as I wished...

"Colonics for EVERYONE!"
Old 08-23-2019, 02:55 PM   #30
bailey
Hall Of Famer

There already is a trading function -- it's called Discord. There you can promote the players you want to sell and offer for the players you want to buy. How is that not trading, just because it uses the AH as a middleman?

bailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 03:16 PM   #31
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
Completed a mission and burned 4K to open 5 packs. Third one I opened had Snell & Kluber. Also picked up 4 mission important cards out of the packs...

It does happen...just not as often as I wished...
So who was the useful ones you picked up?
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 04:48 PM   #32
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by <Pion> View Post
So who was the useful ones you picked up?
they sell well, and getting a gaggle of points is useful...at least where I come from.

"Colonics for EVERYONE!"
Old 08-23-2019, 05:49 PM   #33
One Great Matrix
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bailey View Post
There already is a trading function -- it's called Discord. There you can promote the players you want to sell and offer for the players you want to buy. How is that not trading, just because it uses the AH as a middleman?
Well, the AH is trading but trading card-for-card direct is not built into the game. And shouldn't be. But there should be...a max PP sell on each level of card.

One Great Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 06:12 PM   #34
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

By the way...I'm not the guy selling Kluber for Seventy Million...

"Colonics for EVERYONE!"
Old 08-23-2019, 06:32 PM   #35
<Pion>
All Star Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty Cobb View Post
they sell well, and getting a gaggle of points is useful...at least where I come from.
That's all I ever do with Kluber and Snell. Sell them before they're seat has a chance to get warm. At 7K and 5K, even that's disappointing for a diamond. Love seeing those diamonds come up, but cringe when it's guys like that (as well as some others like them).
<Pion> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 02:26 AM   #36
Ty Cobb
Hall Of Famer

Points are points. I'll take 'em, and out 'em to good use.

"Colonics for EVERYONE!"