Home | Webstore
Latest News: OOTP 25 Available - FHM 10 Available - OOTP Go! Available

Out of the Park Baseball 25 Buy Now!

Go Back   OOTP Developments Forums > Prior Versions of Our Games > Out of the Park Baseball 14 > OOTP 14 - New to the Game?
Register Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

OOTP 14 - New to the Game? If you have basic questions about the game, please come here!

Old 09-16-2013, 12:27 PM   #1
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Problem with an online league file

In one of the leagues I am in, the commissioner changed the league from scouting to no scouting, then back to scouting again. However, when he did this, I believe the following happened:

1>The file increased in size, possibly doubling it. Not sure how much the file increased but I know it did.
2>The file now trips a virtual memory issue on my computer. This league is the only league that I play that causes this issue. In fact, it's the only file on my computer that trips the issue. The issue comes up when I check for updates in the league.

Not sure if 1 and 2 are related. I would like to know how to fix point 2 though. File used to load in a reasonable amount of time, now it take 2-3 times as long to load.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
bcduggan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:00 PM   #2
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

File size should not be an issue unless you're talking about a file that is over 200MB. That you have "virtual memory" on your machine tells me that you're possibly using a computer that is lacking in RAM and may not be suitable for OOTP.

Asahi2 Baseball ex-Commissioner(Historical League Since 2004)
www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
f.montoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:39 AM   #3
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by f.montoya View Post
File size should not be an issue unless you're talking about a file that is over 200MB. That you have "virtual memory" on your machine tells me that you're possibly using a computer that is lacking in RAM and may not be suitable for OOTP.

Your logic on my RAM would be more relevant if it was all 4 online leagues that I am in have this issue, however it's just one league, not all 4 in ootp14 I am in.
Old 09-19-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcduggan View Post
Your logic on my RAM would be more relevant if it was all 4 online leagues that I am in have this issue, however it's just one league, not all 4 in ootp14 I am in.
What is your RAM, what is the current "at rest" usage % of your RAM and what are all 4 OOTP leagues' file sizes?

www.allsimbaseball.com (OOTP web hosting - Customized sites for online leagues - Sign up, Connect OOTP and Play!)
Share Your Mods - Free, unlimited and easy to upload to share your Mods instantly(free site registration required)
Old 09-19-2013, 12:37 PM   #5
f.montoya
Hall Of Famer

...and why are you using "virtual memory"?

Old 09-19-2013, 11:43 PM   #6
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
What is your RAM, what is the current "at rest" usage % of your RAM and what are all 4 OOTP leagues' file sizes?
Quote:
...and why are you using "virtual memory"?
I removed one of the leagues so now it's 3 leagues, it was 4 when I first saw the problem though.

League 1: right clicked on folder for league then properties, it says 1.46 GB

league 2: 2.57 GB

league 3: 2.12 GB

League that has the issue is league 1

RAM is 0.99 GB............................I know low RAM is an issue, but it should affect all the OOTP 14 game files, not just 1. The low RAM would also cause the virtual memory problem as well.
Old 09-19-2013, 11:59 PM   #7
TGH-Adfabre
Hall Of Famer

I knwo knothing about Virtual Memory.
1) Does it read the file size of a download and then react?
2) What are the file sizes when zipped? You can have a massive league file but that can be shrunk down through upload options.
Your commissioners can tell you the zipped file size.
3) How many sims have you had trouble with? Just the one or is it repeating?
4) I have had problems when initial scouting reports for an entire league are generated. A few CTD.

Shots in the dark.

Good luck,
Tom
Old 09-25-2013, 07:20 PM   #8
bcduggan
Minors (Double A)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGH-Adfabre View Post
I knwo knothing about Virtual Memory.
1) Does it read the file size of a download and then react?
2) What are the file sizes when zipped? You can have a massive league file but that can be shrunk down through upload options.
Your commissioners can tell you the zipped file size.
3) How many sims have you had trouble with? Just the one or is it repeating?
4) I have had problems when initial scouting reports for an entire league are generated. A few CTD.

Shots in the dark.

Good luck,
Tom
On point 3, I have had issues with all the sims in this league over the last 5-6 week, roughly 25 sims. It could be longer but am not sure.